forum

hitcircleoverlay animation speed

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
Yes, hitcircleoverlay.png can be animated. >.<
But currently, the animation plays so damn slowly, you won't even see the second frame in a map with a high AR. That is why i made this thread.

So, what I'm proposing is to make the animation faster. Moreover, it would play according to a map's AR. Meaning, the animation will not loop, instead, it will play all the frames from the time a hitcircle appears to the time it is supposed to be hit.

For example (since I don't know how this AR is calculated), let's assume that variable animationLength is the total time in ms from the time the hitcircle appears to the time it's supposed to be hit, variable frames is the number of frames found in the skin, and variable frameDelay = animationLength / frames. frameDelay will then be the ms value of delay between frames of animation. This allows all frames to be shown without looping, where the last frame corresponds to the time when you aim to hit the note.
Kitokofox
It's a shame that this never got a post. So I will bump it for you~

I don't know much about skinning, but hearing what you said really quirks me into thinking that this should be supported.
Kert
I haven't tested that but have you tried putting this in skin.ini?
AnimationFramerate: "Number of frames" – Defaults to playing all available frames per second. Applies to all animated sprites except slider ball. The lower amount of them, the slower animation will be.
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
my animation framerate is set to 25, and the hitcircle overlay plays at around 5 fps >.<
karma_komodo
i really want to see animated hitcircleoverlays! :)
deadbeat

ArmandoR wrote:

i really want to see animated hitcircleoverlays! :)
why D: that just sounds unneeded to me :/
theowest
seems like it's already possible to anime them.

I'd rather be able to change the speed of the hitbursts.
RBRat3
Hitcircleoverlay was never officially stated as being animatable, It's an unintended behavior for something existing that shouldn't be there.

You should probably change your request.

theowest wrote:

Animated hitbursts run on a 60fps timescale, approximate sequence length being 62-65 frames. If you would like it slower/faster then you should animate your element to be slower/faster.
theowest

RBRat3 wrote:

Hitcircleoverlay was never officially stated as being animatable, It's an unintended behavior for something existing that shouldn't be there.

theowest wrote:

Animated hitbursts run on a 60fps timescale, approximate sequence length being 62-65 frames. If you would like it slower then you should animate your element to be slower.
that's fast enough then, my bad.
Topic Starter
jemhuntr

RBRat3 wrote:

change it... to what...?
RBRat3
To something along the lines of "Make hitcircleoverlay animatable". The way the anomaly works is a horrible example of what an animation is nor does it work properly, stating something like former would make more sense.