forum

make taiko like arcade + the invisible circles mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
s ranker disc
uve probably seen this on youtube if u like taiko could it be on osu?
H_Hitachiin
What?
Kuro

H_Hitachiin wrote:

What?
Edit: I know somebody here has the power to destroy this, please invalidate this thread... -_-
blissfulyoshi
I'll be nice, please post a video/sample of what you want.
Topic Starter
s ranker disc
look closely at his screen it is invisible circles like this :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Anx3mkGZow
Topic Starter
s ranker disc
also :p the little dancers is fun to watch too
blissfulyoshi
What is the difference between this and skinning the circles as invisible?
Kuro
Oh you want a new mod that will hide kats and dons like Taiko no Tatsujin...
You'd have to add the rhythms at the bottom as well though.
/me points at the white strip below the playfield

Ex. kkddk d K ddk d k d D
TheVileOne
Could be an amusing alternative to hidden. I guess support.
ziin
taiko's kind of funny, since you can just read sheet music to SS it without even looking at the osu window.

Flashlight and hidden do this pretty well.
Kuro

ziin wrote:

taiko's kind of funny, since you can just read sheet music to SS it without even looking at the osu window.

Hidden is pretty easy to use and my line of sight is always fixed in one particular location of the playfield and it just happens to be where notes fade out with Hidden so I can "S" songs on my first try.
I don't care about flashlight, as far as I know you need to have super fast reaction time to use it because notes appear right before you hit them.
This new mod could be like a complete memorization mod with a higher score multiplier.
blissfulyoshi

Kuro wrote:

ziin wrote:

Hidden is pretty easy to use and my line of sight is always fixed in one particular location of the playfield and it just happens to be where notes fade out with Hidden so I can "S" songs on my first try.
I don't care about flashlight, as far as I know you need to have super fast reaction time to use it because notes appear right before you hit them.
This new mod could be like a complete memorization mod with a higher score multiplier.
Wait, isn't fl+hd complete memorization for taiko already?
MMzz
This is pretty fun on the official games once you learn what each symbol means on the bottom scroll.
But if a new taiko mod were going to be added I would prefer Abekobe. (Where every note color gets switched. No score of course because it could make songs easier rather than harder. There are a lot of songs on the official games this happens to.)
Kuro

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Wait, isn't fl+hd complete memorization for taiko already?
I'd rather it be more like Doron and it's own mod. It would be nice if taiko had it's own independent mods. It would also be nice if the cues were added at the bottom as well just like in the game

MMzz wrote:

This is pretty fun on the official games once you learn what each symbol means on the bottom scroll.
But if a new taiko mod were going to be added I would prefer Abekobe. (Where every note color gets switched. No score of course because it could make songs easier rather than harder. There are a lot of songs on the official games this happens to.)
That would be pretty cool too but I think it should have a multiplier because in the end you're just flipping the rhythms. I don't see it giving an advantage or disadvantage to the community as a whole unless you look at players individually.
MillhioreF
The red-blue flip mod has already been denied before, I can't seem to find the thread where it was though. Scrolling text and authentic Hidden mode were discussed here: t/51473
I'm not sure I should mark this topic duplicate though, since that thread has a ton of ideas, which is frowned down upon. So it can stay for now. Congrats on actually making a reasonable post and request, s ranker disc ^^