forum

Replay of the year

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wishy

Liutprando wrote:

my god Wishy you are so boring, Cookiezi this Cookiezi that
Is there a better example? Please provide me one, not gonna look all over every pro's replays to find more records like that, thanks. Acc becomes hard when you play stuff a little out of your league (not talking about OD only), if you keep getting SS or 99%+ it means you're not challenging yourself that much, and guess what happens then... go play 24/7 and see how tons of random asians can do as good as you if not better w/o playing that much.
JappyBabes

kriers wrote:

generic comment about Cookiezi
ikr that play was awesome
thelewa

Wishy wrote:

Liutprando wrote:

my god Wishy you are so boring, Cookiezi this Cookiezi that
Is there a better example? Please provide me one, not gonna look all over every pro's replays to find more records like that, thanks. Acc becomes hard when you play stuff a little out of your league (not talking about OD only), if you keep getting SS or 99%+ it means you're not challenging yourself that much, and guess what happens then... go play 24/7 and see how tons of random asians can do as good as you if not better w/o playing that much.
So I'm never challenging myself
enik

MillhioreF wrote:

Like I've explained a thousand times, it's not that hard - it just requires a different kind of reading skill than AR8 and above. I should probably have a few thousand more plays than I do, since I played mostly offline until May or so, so I'd say my real playcount is around 13k.
Yeah but those maps you play with EZ aren't easy at all independently of AR. Also all those first places with 13k playcount.. wow

thelewa wrote:

Well I saw you said once something like "I never play maps which I can't FC"
thelewa
Who cares, I quit anyway \:D/
JappyBabes
^just like all the other times, right?
Purple

enik wrote:

Holy fuck MillhioreF how do you play all those EZ, it's insane. Also 8.3k isn't your real playcount, right?
I make myself feel better about it by telling myself that he cheats, or that it is a genetic thing I don't have.
Wishy

thelewa wrote:

There is a reason why you keep playing forever and some asians are still better than you w/o really playing that much don't you think?

You do challenge yourself anyways, I don't see you getting 99%+ on No pain, No game every play, and yesterday you were playing that hard DT with tricky streams on the first part and your acc was low, that's challenging yourself. If you can easily do something w/o really missing or getting any 100 then that's clearly too easy for you and you won't improve by playing stuff like that.
Purple

thelewa wrote:

Why are you so whinny

I've seen your replay of The Big Black, from what I remember it was all just random misses on the easy parts. You did the 1/2 jump sliders perfectly :l you should just try to FC approved stuff more
thelewa

Purple wrote:

thelewa wrote:

Why are you so whinny

I've seen your replay of The Big Black, from what I remember it was all just random misses on the easy parts. You did the 1/2 jump sliders perfectly :l you should just try to FC approved stuff more
Who cares about The Big Black, lol
Tanzklaue

Wishy wrote:

thelewa wrote:

There is a reason why you keep playing forever and some asians are still better than you w/o really playing that much don't you think?

You do challenge yourself anyways, I don't see you getting 99%+ on No pain, No game every play, and yesterday you were playing that hard DT with tricky streams on the first part and your acc was low, that's challenging yourself. If you can easily do something w/o really missing or getting any 100 then that's clearly too easy for you and you won't improve by playing stuff like that.
woah that's aqo-level right there.
you know, lewa is one of the best players in this game? and you don't get one of the very best if you don't push yourself to your limits?

pushing your limits doesn't mean get a bad acc. you can get a bad acc and do something comfortably. you can do something with 99% acc and be totally exhausted at the end. lewa doesn't get 99% on nearly every map because he pushes himself not hard enough. he gets that because he is probably the best accuracy player around, on a similiar level as even cookiezi (as he can beat pretty much every score of cookiezi that isn't a crazy dt-run).
Wishy
thelewa is one of the best acc players ever, yes. Overall? I'm not sure, never seen him do any of those completely crazy HR or DT runs, nor FC on incredibly hard maps that just a few have ever FC'd. I've seen him push his limits and that's when his accuracy goes lower, because he is playing stuff out of his league which he will eventually be able to properly play when he gets better, that's how it works on every game, like it or not, you won't get better fast by playing stuff you can easily do. There are still many random asians who played way less than him and got scores that yet have only been achieved by a select few (some very hard HRs like Deep Space, or several crazy DTs).

And about high end acc wars on HR, yeah, lewa is top tier, but those scores in the end up being pure drill until you get a higher score (not acc) than the other guy, which any pro players like that will tell you it's just about that, just retry the map till you don't get any random 100 and do all streams properly, it's not like lewa or rrtyui can reproduce their scores with that very same accuracy (or better) on every try, since they get that out of lots of plays. I mean I don't know if lewa is better than rrtyui on that, or Cookiezi, all I know is players on that tier all can get that epic accuracy if they try hard enough. Yet when we talk about extremely hard shit then you see the huge difference there really is on some stuff.

I suck and if I play stuff I can easily play then I'll get always over 99%, cause I will read everything properly, I will hit everything on the right timing, and will be able to consistenly stream when I have to, then when I go play harder stuff (pushing my own limits) my accuracy will go lower because I'll get more 100s on streams (harder streams), misses, and maybe misread something which in the end means lower acc because of more misses or 100s. When you get as good as lewa you will get that very high accuracy on harder stuff, and then when he plays really hard stuff (which is hard even for him) his acc will be lower.

Like it or not even if Aqo sometimes talks shit he is completely right when he tells you there are ways to improve faster, Rucker himself recommended Salvage to map something himself full of 1/2 at high BPM and play it several times to improve, which is some of Aqo's suggestions that make many players mock him. You can have a million plays and still be worse than a guy with just under 50k plays, it's up to how you use those plays. You have players like Iris who have many top tier scores, and look at his plays, he used Spun-Out tho so you might say he has 40k plays or something, yet he can beat lewa on some scores (No pain, No game) and do crazy DTs just a few can do. Another example is Torein 13rd who could do some DTs only Cookiezi could do back then w/o really being active at all.
JappyBabes
i'm surprised lewa hasn't removed his galdeira - almagest run yet
thelewa

JappyBabes wrote:

i'm surprised lewa hasn't removed his galdeira - almagest run yet
That's because it's a liveplay
Purple

thelewa wrote:

Everyone

What wishy says is true, you need is a flagship heroic full combo. Like chipscape, which I was told you wanted to do.
ryza
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/124512?m=0

>mugio3

a very good replay~
fartownik
Niko's Crazy Hot
Liut
White wolf's "with a dance number" hd+hr x1miss
forgot to save the reply grrr
Disso-
rawr~ edited because time is hard
JappyBabes
^that's 2013 material. 2012 only please
Disso-

JappyBabes wrote:

^that's 2013 material. 2012 only please
Shit. I can't read.
CXu
Yeah Cookiezi is greatest, we get it. Now let's talk about all other cool players.
MillhioreF
Well Cookiezi FC'd freedom dive a bit too late for 2012. So I'd say the replay of the year is still KeigoClear's one from the OP.
Kanye West

Purple wrote:

thelewa wrote:

Everyone
Why? It's a bad map with bad music.
Defacer
­
Aqo

Defacer wrote:

the only one who can play something comfortably and have bad acc is me, lol (@ the ''challenge yourself'' discussion )

i suck at acc, I almost got PERFECT D on Night of Fire 5-6 months ago, I will do it soon, remember my word !!
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/181843&m=0 I nearly FC'd this with a D
come at me bro
Morbon_old

Defacer wrote:

the only one who can play something comfortably and have bad acc is me, lol (@ the ''challenge yourself'' discussion )

i suck at acc, I almost got PERFECT D on Night of Fire 5-6 months ago, I will do it soon, remember my word !!
k

33 spinners, can't pass all :<
Topic Starter
Lance

fartownik wrote:

Niko's Crazy Hot
Wow. That's actually pretty amazing. Also this thread is meta as fuck.
she_old

Defacer wrote:

I had a B on that with hardrock and perfect, surely you might be the only one to get a D on that with a fc.
buny

she wrote:

Defacer wrote:

I had a B on that with hardrock and perfect, surely you might be the only one to get a D on that with a fc.
I probably have a d on it
-GN

she wrote:

she wrote:

a B on that with hardrock and perfect
Am I missing something?
buny

-GN wrote:

she wrote:

she wrote:

a B on that with hardrock and perfect
Am I missing something?
pretty sure he means full combo perfect

the wording is just a bit dodgy
Winshley
I wish I could stream faster... MillhioreF beats me. ;<
Lavale_old
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22229

TTTL: #39 - 294BPM
Wishy
MMzz
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/124664&m=0

#1. Only mod score HD HR.
GoldenWolf

Lavale wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22229

TTTL: #39 - 294BPM
oh my
Madoka-_old
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7671 #16. How is it possible to be so accurate with hidden on such low AR...
CXu

Madoka- wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7671 #16. How is it possible to be so accurate with hidden on such low AR...
Low OD, memorization.
kriers

CXu wrote:

Madoka- wrote:

Low OD, memorization.
[sarcasm]Memory is not a skill. Please discard score.[/sarcasm]
show more