forum

Yu Miyake, Masayuki Tanaka - Katamari on the Rocks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, 6 December 2007 at 7:30:40 PM

Artist: Yu Miyake, Masayuki Tanaka
Title: Katamari on the Rocks
BPM: 160
Filesize: 3640kb
Play Time: 02:46
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.52 stars, 276 notes)
  2. Hard (4.68 stars, 445 notes)
Download: Yu Miyake, Masayuki Tanaka - Katamari on the Rocks
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
NA NAAAAAAA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA KATAMARI DAMASHII!!!

If there was any doubt as to whether or not I'm completely insane, this map has quite thoroughly removed it from my mind. And I guess anyone else's. I'll have to do a Normal version, too... It can be particularly tough since it follows the lyrics quite closely.

The original song is actually over 5 minutes long... Can anyone tell where it was edited? Surprisingly, I don't think it's noticable.

Edit: Normal mode added, and a few other things fixed up. Should be finished now.
awp
Best videogame soundtrack ever.

It's a good thing you didn't sully the good name of Katamari with a sub-amazing beatmap. I did not see anything wrong with this. Absolutely love it. When it gets ranked, it'll likely end up in my top five. Excellent work.
Gunzil
I love this song, and I love this beatmap. This is one of my favorite beatmaps ever.
Kharl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K-S-O
That quite an impressive beatmap! Nice work with shortening the song for the game. It sounded spot-on!
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
Kharl, you gave me the original offset I was using, too. I never know what to believe from you. :P

Anyway, I don't think it needs to be any harder than it is, so I'll probably leave it. Just working on Normal now, so I'll wait until it's done to upload anything.
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
Okay, I've finished Normal now, but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks I should also slow down the slider velocity. There are quite a few more sliders on Normal than on Hard, and at times they seem to be going a bit too fast for a Normal map. It would be a bit of work to redo all the sliders in the map, though, particularly the curved ones.
awp
I didn't think they were too fast when I played. Is it just me?

By the way you knocked your bubble down; I'll put 'er back up.
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
I'm particularly thinking of the sliders like at 1:41:12 and 2:22:74. The speed of those could really catch someone off guard, considering it's supposed to be Normal. It might be better if they're slower so they don't extend to the edge of the screen.
Kharl

Impossible wrote:

Kharl, you gave me the original offset I was using, too. I never know what to believe from you. :P
I'm sorry about that. Well, just think of it as a fine-tuning. :oops: It is hard to notice a 20-30 ms error in offset listening to metronomes alone. You'll catch it either when you autoplaying your map in the editor or when you test-playing it. So don't hesitate to adjust your timing if something seems wrong, even if you have completed your map (which is something I usually ended up doing when I've done placing the beats, and found out that my initial timing is off by 10-30 ms almost all the time ^^" ).

Anyway, no problems with your normal version. So I think it wouldn't be long before this map got ranked.
peppy

awp wrote:

By the way you knocked your bubble down; I'll put 'er back up.
I thought i fixed this :/. Its still hapenning?

Anyways, I approve of this so lets see it ranked.
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
Er, slight problem. I think there's one part in Normal that's probably harder than it should be, but now I can't change it. Is there any way to update a ranked map?
peppy
Normal difficulty scores have been reset. Blame Impossible, not me :).
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.