forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Incorrect mode/rank display with jumping ranks

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
Not a single video yet? If it's such a predominant and annoying issue, you'd think someone would go to the effort of showing reproduction. It would make it 10x easier to fix.
MillhioreF
It was MUCH worse back when the thread was created. Now, the only "jumping ranks" I see are caused by scrolling down the friends list - users that haven't had their userpanel loaded before that point will suddenly gain their correct stats and jump to the correct point in the list.
peppy
This particular case can't be avoided.
- Marco -
here you go peppy, i was just idling for something like 5 minutes
Flanster
I don't need to reproduce anything, I'm sitting here with mania stats and standard rank on my side for 90% of the time I look.
And when I go/come back from afk then only it would be mania stats + mania rank. Changes back to standard eventually no matter what I do.
Topic Starter
higurush

Here's a picture of what's happened. I started osu! in a default osu!standard mode. Then I played some osu!mania maps (got the osu!mania rank as well), then when I was done with the osu!mania playing, my osu!standard rank popped up under the osu!mania mode while i had the osu!mania stats. After that, I changed into CTB, and whoala~ CTB mode, osu!mania rank icon+stats with osu!standard mode rank!
You can combine the orders how I have done this (you can switch ctb, mania, and standard words in my sentences)..
TakuMii
Confirming (not that it needs confirming at this point). When I'm idling, my rank loves to jump between the different modes I've played that session (sometimes showing the proper icon and stats, sometimes not). When I only play one mode, it jumps between the rank I had when starting that session and the new rank I achieved from earning PP that session.
It also often jumps around when transitioning between menus.
MillhioreF
Okay, I see what's going on. The title contains two bugs, and only one is fixed - changed the title.
TheVileOne
I would love it if this was fixed. It's been happening for a long time and it isn't able to be replicated AFAIK. It often happens in multiplayer. My rank will randomly change back to standard from CTB after a game ends.
peppy
I still have no video of this :(.
Yuzeyun
One may come later this day (In about 8 or 9 hours)
Topic Starter
higurush

peppy wrote:

I still have no video of this :(.
Peppy, you did something about this in this update! My own user panel now shows the correct value any time, BUT. The friendlist is still going wtf sometimes :D

img : http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1083098

Note: most of the time its okay and changes as it should. Maybe it's my own latency that causes problems like this.
It seems to be a server-side solve tho, so it's okay I think.
edgeamacated

Steps I took before the recording: Opened Osu!, searched my username before playing a song in the online players list.
Gameplay footage is edited out since it is not relevant to show.
Isopach
Not sure if I should be creating a new thread, so I'll just post here. My rank has been wrong on the osu client for ages; idk if it's only client-sided or not. It keeps showing my osu! rank under osu!mania filter, even if everyone else on the list is correctly displayed
YERTI
yeaaaaa
YERTI
heres another video of bug :D

MillhioreF
This might get fixed faster if you give it a better title.
YERTI
this bug isnt happening to me at the moment
MillhioreF
I haven't seen it happen either since the new pp processor was added. Resolved?
YERTI

MillhioreF wrote:

I haven't seen it happen either since the new pp processor was added. Resolved?
yeah keep it this way and its solved
Topic Starter
higurush
yea, seems to be resolved