posted
Total Posts
show more
xDesmond
[- Alex -]
Mr Capuce
My Desktop :roll: :roll:

Tabal
Time to update. I finally fixed the borders on my visual style, got a better color scheme, and a better startpage that I customized to fit my internet needs.
Lewder
i like that a lot doraff
iiyo

why do people use windows 8?

bonus neko picture sugoi desu
Navizel
because we want to
[_TetsuyaKuro_]
changed my desktop up a bit~~

TakuMii

Lewder wrote:

usually when you bring up the start menu you prefer it to be a small popup, especially on setups with multiple monitors
casuals just wont understand B)
Nah, I'd still prefer the Win8 start menu even on multiple monitors.

---

Anyways, here's my desktop PC's desktop/start screen. Might still move the icons around sometime later though.
Kouya-
IppE
Lewder
did you think i wouldnt notice
Tabal
I don't use the start menu on Windows 8 because it's clunky and built for content consumption.
Being a power user it's much faster for me to organize everything in folders and route them to my bblean menu so I can quick start then in 2 clicks and find them EXTREMELY easily (Considering they are automatically alphabetically organized by the file explorer). It's just faster, easier to manage, and its great for content creators.

But that's just me.

On a side note; There is way too much rainmeter in this thread. It's nice when it's slightly minimal, but some desktops are just flooded with it and generally it doesn't match, is clunky, overbearing, and displaying information that people don't actually need on their desktops. But again, that's just my $0.02.
I spend too much time on /wg/.
Lewder
/wg/ is one of those boards that slowly causes you to catch the autism and elitism of others
/w/ is just shit
Tabal

Lewder wrote:

/wg/ is one of those boards that slowly causes you to catch the autism and elitism of others
/w/ is just shit
Not necessarily. /wg/ is a pretty nice board. Not a whole lot of autism or elitism and it has changed lately. 5 months ago most people would've ridiculed you for using rainmeter unless you do it VERY well, but that's changed completely as of late. Most people don't really care about it anymore.
They've definitely helped me out with some issues I've had regarding visual styles, css, and bblean (And now I've been returning the favor).

tdl;dr The board has gotten better.

/w/ goes both ways.
Lewder
maybe i should look at /wg/ again then, but i'm pretty happy with the way my computer looks, it's generally covered by applications anyway
i still stand by /w/ being shit though, pls accept my autistically elitist opinion about boards i dont frequent

edit: in hindsight i should've disabled f.lux (sorry for using it but it genuinely helps me sleep). i also know you cant read some of the text due to colours in the background but it doesn't bother me much, might disturb you however. i very frequently use my application shortcuts so they must stay, i might remove the weather forecast app, it's inaccurate and i dont ever look at it

tell me what to change if you want to, though
Tabal

Lewder wrote:

maybe i should look at /wg/ again then, but i'm pretty happy with the way my computer looks, it's generally covered by applications anyway
i still stand by /w/ being shit though, pls accept my autistically elitist opinion about boards i dont frequent

edit: in hindsight i should've disabled f.lux (sorry for using it but it genuinely helps me sleep). i also know you cant read some of the text due to colours in the background but it doesn't bother me much, might disturb you however. i very frequently use my application shortcuts so they must stay, i might remove the weather forecast app, it's inaccurate and i dont ever look at it

tell me what to change if you want to, though
[snip]
I don't like it, but that's just my personal opinion. If you like your desktop the way it is AND it functions how you want it, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. My thoughts are mostly on the aesthetic part of things because I don't use your computer so I can't rate how it functions and even that would be biased towards how I want things to run.

My actual thoughts on your desktop now.
Your desktop isn't bad. The shortcuts are text and not icons so they're clean looking and don't clash with anything. I don't think that seeing your up/down speeds is really necessary on a desktop (If something was up with my internet I would know and can use my taskbar to check out what's going on with it). I don't really like weather widgets mostly because I don't need to know the weather when I'm sitting on my computer and if I did need to know I can use my phone. If you can manage, try to keep the font universal between everything (Clock, dates, shortcuts, weather widget) so it looks cohesive.
I'm not a fan of seeing computer stats on my desktop because I can just start task manager in 1 click to see it all, but if that works for you I'm all for it.

tl;dr It's not a spaceship hud, good job! :D

P.S.: I use F.lux too on both my phone and computer (I personally love it, makes everything really nice).
And if you're having trouble reading some things, I'd recommend using a font rendering program called mactype (It's miles better than the stock Windows Font Rendering software). Unless it's a color issue....in which case do whatever you want regarding that.
If you can't find MacType, I'll gladly point you in the right direction.
Lewder
it was basically a colour issue i was referring to but i found mactype with relative ease and i'm going to check it out, thanks! what do you use to see your internet usage in task bar? I wouldn't mind getting rid of another rainmeter widget as i do more than agree that people who stuff their screen full of exaggerated rainmeter widgets just make it look just as retarded as a bunch of icons would and anyone who combines the both is just pants on head
Tabal

Lewder wrote:

it was basically a colour issue i was referring to but i found mactype with relative ease and i'm going to check it out, thanks! what do you use to see your internet usage in task bar? I wouldn't mind getting rid of another rainmeter widget as i do more than agree that people who stuff their screen full of exaggerated rainmeter widgets just make it look just as retarded as a bunch of icons would and anyone who combines the both is just pants on head

I was referring to to seeing your network information in the Task Manager, not the taskbar. In Task Manager it'll be under the Performance tab. (Picture related).
Lewder
that's what i thought but you said taskbar though, i do know how to use task manager :3
Tabal

Lewder wrote:

that's what i thought but you said taskbar though, i do know how to use task manager :3
Well then, sorry about that.
Kunieda
Starfall9908
Here's mine :D

Birdy
TheNekoNextDoor
Changed a few days ago and couldn't be bothered to take a screenshot. I have now. :P
Cerulean Veyron

3B-addict, and proud :3
Riyeko
Nothing special >:(

Riyeko

Navizel wrote:

i got bored and decided to change
Do you mind giving the link to the full pic if you still have it?
I would like to use it as my menu-background.
Thanks in advance :)
Lewder
Kitsunemimi

Riyeko wrote:

Yeah, nah, it's just an overhanging cherry blossom tree on the edge of an exotic volcano island with lava rushing down its side into the watery depths, nothing special here at all.
Riyeko

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Riyeko wrote:

Yeah, nah, it's just an overhanging cherry blossom tree on the edge of an exotic volcano island with lava rushing down its side into the watery depths, nothing special here at all.
>o< I meant that it's nothing special because some people have prettier desktop backgrounds than me.
Dusalty
I have folder of 19 backgrounds which I rotate every couple of hours.
Birdy

TheNekoNextDoor wrote:

Changed a few days ago and couldn't be bothered to take a screenshot. I have now. :P
Switch from FL11 to FL9 and you're good to go.

Also mutual me pls ;w; I've been too shy to poke you about this in-game.
TheNekoNextDoor

Static Noise Bird wrote:

TheNekoNextDoor wrote:

Switch from FL11 to FL9 and you're good to go.

Also mutual me pls ;w; I've been too shy to poke you about this in-game.
FL11's good enough for me right now. I've just got the trial right now, but I might be getting the full version soon, yay! ~

Sure! I'll add you.
Ocewatt

Found this in the Kamui skin folder and fell in love with it instantly.
Tabal
Just quick update. I switched foobar skins and found a nifty little feature in task manager.
Lewder
one MacType and overhaul of rainmeter setup while learning a LOT about how the skins work (might attempt making my own at some point) later it looks like this. I'm not happy with the ping meter, but it looked really stupid without something in the corner and the display of up/down traffic looked dumb in its new place even with heavy modification
mathexpert
Lewder
and my phone, i can't wait for WP to get the customisation that rooted androids have
I know the picture is a bit cliché but I really love the artstyle in which Sakuya is drawn. It's really that which makes me use this, not the whole 'character behind screen' thing.

and because I care about my friends' privacy~
Rio-

Lewder wrote:

one MacType and overhaul of rainmeter setup while learning a LOT about how the skins work (might attempt making my own at some point) later it looks like this. I'm not happy with the ping meter, but it looked really stupid without something in the corner and the display of up/down traffic looked dumb in its new place even with heavy modification
may I ask what tag(s) did You use for finding that kind of wallpaper?
show more