forum

Post your desktop, fools

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kurogamii
can i have some advice for my messy status bar??
TakuMii

Kurogamii wrote:

Just remove everything that you don't use on a regular basis, or things that you usually don't directly click (like video players). And potentially maximize your use of Launchpad.
Back when I used a Macbook Air, I only had Chrome and my Apps folder on my dock and I did just fine.
Miyu

//revives
La Volpe
mathexpert
Ryu Sei
First Second try.
Ritto_old
Ritto_old
Miyu

mathexpert wrote:

plss share the wallpaper >#<
Ritto_old
Kurogamii

YayMii wrote:

Kurogamii wrote:

Just remove everything that you don't use on a regular basis, or things that you usually don't directly click (like video players). And potentially maximize your use of Launchpad.
Back when I used a Macbook Air, I only had Chrome and my Apps folder on my dock and I did just fine.
that's the dock, status bar at the top..
btw all i have at dock is everyday use :D
TakuMii

Kurogamii wrote:

that's the dock, status bar at the top..
btw all i have at dock is everyday use :D
That's called the menu bar, not the status bar :P
I'd suggest getting hiding useless or unessential stuff like Time Machine by Command+Dragging them off the bar or using something like Broomstick. I'd also try to avoid stuff like that "Free Space" counter or the HDD RPM meter you have, since you don't really need it to be on your screen all the time (and you can enable the status bar in Finder anyways, which will show the free space on your HDD at the bottom of the window). I'd also advise disabling the fast-user switcher (the thing that shows your username) but it's up to you to decide if the extra space there is worth t.

Also, there's an app called Bartender you might want to look into; it seems to hide menubar icons similar to the way Windows does it (which makes it look clean no matter how many icons you have)... but I've never used it since you have to pay for it.
Kurogamii

YayMii wrote:

That's called the menu bar, not the status bar :P
I'd suggest getting hiding useless or unessential stuff like Time Machine by Command+Dragging them off the bar or using something like Broomstick. I'd also try to avoid stuff like that "Free Space" counter or the HDD RPM meter you have, since you don't really need it to be on your screen all the time (and you can enable the status bar in Finder anyways, which will show the free space on your HDD at the bottom of the window). I'd also advise disabling the fast-user switcher (the thing that shows your username) but it's up to you to decide if the extra space there is worth t.

Also, there's an app called Bartender you might want to look into; it seems to hide menubar icons similar to the way Windows does it (which makes it look clean no matter how many icons you have)... but I've never used it since you have to pay for it.
sorry i forgot it..
that's FreeMemory stuff because my RAM only have 4GB of capacity, but now change to Memory Keeper, more effective and accurate :D
thanks for your advice sir!
Ava
deadbeat
my suggestion is keep that one *-*
Miyu

Miyu wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

plss share the wallpaper >#<
i actually found it but thanks <3
Ninby

I don't really use Facebook, but I haven't been able to find anything to replace that panel. > 3>
The dock is mainly just for games and various programs... xD
The taskbar hides itself automatically. c:
The background would've been a Galaco pic, but I haven't been able to find any good ones yet. :c
Rio-

Can't find any rainmeter or something that suited the BG... but yeah whatever
Ceph23
Exw
Randy96
Recently got into the whole "remove everything from your desktop" thing.

stealthpaw

Been using this one for a while now. I still love it.
Kitsunemimi
Another month, another wallpaper~

No kitsune this time though.
Ven

I had loads of shizzles, but I cleaned it.

My picture is Dai Yoshihara's S13 (R.I.P - except for the stupid V8)
Rio-

Yeah, I always changed wallpaper when I feel like It...
mathexpert
Ninby

Spent like five hours and completely re-did the entire thing. Still no decent Galaco wallpaper though (except the Galaco pic in the corner, but that one is too colorful and bright). ;~;
Not sure what to do with my taskbar or whether I should even keep the dock I have to the left. ._.
Three of the four pictures I have on there are on a random cycle (I have 235 Vocaloid pictures so I thought I might as well put them all to good use) while the fourth is just a static pic.
The big box thing is a uh... folder browser, I guess, while the hexagon thing can link directly to specific items along with having four different categories (the fifth just opens your browser). I opened it to show how it looks, but it doesn't have to stay open. o 3o
I might mess with it some more some other time, but I am definitely done with my desktop for now. ~Five hours is enough. ._.;
Yoishi
Hitsuo
WendytheCreeper
Kitsunemimi
Oh god.
Ninby

WendytheCreeper wrote:

---
It's... It's beautiful... *o*
WendytheCreeper
I want to upload the one I'm using currently, but upppy refuses to work. I should make a new theme.
Toukai

simple stuff but im planning to change it sooner of later
- Marco -

WendytheCreeper wrote:

What The Fk?
Accio
:)
dNextGen
Filipino_old_1
Duo35
Shirotsu
Probably my favorite wallpaper I've use lately.

show more