forum

Song Decide Animation/Image

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
The idea took from DJMAX. You can add to the editor can create Sat while downloading songs. In other words, when the song is loaded, will be shown a small Storyboard. Naturally, it will have a time limit and it will loop. I think that the introduction of such a thing would make the game a bit more varied.
[Dellirium]
when the song is loaded
I don't see any reason to show animation for 0.000001 seconds unless youu have an ancient computer, but it's kinda your poblem
MillhioreF
If anything, that'd make the song load slower (and on most computers, it'd only show for half a second anyway)
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
So let the Storyboard will not be interrupted after the download. Let him at least once fully show up.
Drafura
I don't understand this request. When is the SB showing ? When you start a song and it is loading in your RAM or when you're dowloading a song from the server ? *.*
[Dellirium]

Drafura wrote:

I don't understand this request. When is the SB showing ? When you start a song and it is loading in your RAM or when you're dowloading a song from the server ? *.*
Both are not needed.
Drafura
That's why I don't understand xD
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

Drafura wrote:

While it is loading in your RAM
Drafura
uh this is very useless *.* I could understand a loading bar for low end pc but a SB ?
Saten
I'd prefer SB while in song selection (but then again there are those map with quick strobing)
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

Saten wrote:

I'd prefer SB while in song selection (but then again there are those map with quick strobing)
And it is this is a good idea. I
remembered it, and probably
will change my request.
Would give kudosu, if I
could. :)
TheVileOne
This is a bad idea. osu! download method is much too primitive for this.
Inori
I was just thinking that now that when you select a song, it displays the background while the beatmap is loading.

Well I think it would be cool if it were possible to skin the song decide screen so it displays an animation or image while the song loads
Like in DDR, IIDX, Pop'n, TnT and Drummania/GF.

And it would be nice if the screen also displayed the song name as well :3
LifesPassion
Nice idea :o i like it :)
jemhuntr
I don't get it much but... I'm a big supporter of fancy skinning and animations, but I think it's fine the way it currently is.
We can't use fancy animations, since it would make the loading longer. We can't use long animations, since small maps takes seconds (or less) to load.

I'm assuming you're referring to the pink circular loading animation with the dimmed background behind it, right...?
Axel

Inori wrote:

I was just thinking that now that when you select a song, it displays the background while the beatmap is loading.

Well I think it would be cool if it were possible to skin the song decide screen so it displays an animation or image while the song loads
Like in DDR, IIDX, Pop'n, TnT and Drummania/GF.

And it would be nice if the screen also displayed the song name as well :3

But Inori.. We just got this new feature. :o
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
Already requested by me long time ago... Thread names "SB while loading".
I not enough time for search it.
jemhuntr

peppy wrote:

I have further plans on what will happen during this loading process to make it more than just loading, but that will come in a future update.
Found this on the blog.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
I find my thread, when when wrote month ago! :)
t/104627
MillhioreF
This thread has more stars, but the old one came first and had more feedback... I'll just merge them together so not to waste the stars.