Tablet Tips?

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

waluigino1 wrote:

Well, in the case mentioned you'll need to learn how to play again only once
Not every time you come home to play
You'd know how to play still. I'm taking about spending money on another tablet since the other is stuck on the table that you threw out. :P

PS: I Was Joking.
Or just pull off the tablet from the table...
Topic Starter
waluigino1

Kert wrote:

Just use scotch, not actual glue
Well you said glue so...
Besides, I already said it was a joke. LOL
LifesPassion
Well i would just suggest finding an area that your really used to, getting used to it then try practicing hovering the tablet, alot of tablet beginners have trouble with tablet at first with where they should put their area, worried that their pen touch on the tablet will mess up their FC, so i would just try and get used to the tablet you have. :)
CXu
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/33074

I don't full area. Am I pro yet?
Liut
The true point of playing with full area it's not cause of the area itself but cause of the sensitivity.
Bigger area-slower sesitivity , that means you are mostly not going to make those short movements that could you make miss.
OBSVLY like someone said not anyone can play with a full area and can still do pretty well, the key to achieve this is trying to have a pen grip that allow you to move less the pen itselfs and more all the hand/wirst.
Two examples are Chewin and CXu, you can check their liveplays in youtube.

also , 666 posts.
Pettanko
Full area because you should get your money's worth. It's like buying a king-sized mattress and sleeping on one corner while curled up.
druidxd

Liutprando wrote:

The true point of playing with full area it's not cause of the area itself but cause of the sensitivity.
Bigger area-slower sesitivity , that means you are mostly not going to make those short movements that could you make miss.
OBSVLY like someone said not anyone can play with a full area and can still do pretty well, the key to achieve this is trying to have a pen grip that allow you to move less the pen itselfs and more all the hand/wirst.
Two examples are Chewin and CXu, you can check their liveplays in youtube.
That's basically what I've been saying for like, idk, 3-4 posts, lol.

CXu wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/33074

I don't full area. Am I pro yet?
Yes, yes you are.
A E R I N
I got my tablet a few days ago, but my personal problem is: When i need to do jumps or go to a corner, I lift the pen too high from my tab...
Since i got my tab i decided to keep practicing but yea this happens again and again so my cursor gets stuck and i miss...

Any tips?
Full Tablet

Rawrrr wrote:

I got my tablet a few days ago, but my personal problem is: When i need to do jumps or go to a corner, I lift the pen too high from my tab...
Since i got my tab i decided to keep practicing but yea this happens again and again so my cursor gets stuck and i miss...

Any tips?
Just learn to keep playing even if the cursor is stuck (keep moving the pen to the next circle), over time lifting too high will become a rare occurrence anyways.
ovithegod193
hey guys the way i play is dragging and on mouse mode from mouse mode take of accelaration and turn up the speed or sensitivity playing like this dosnt end up ina swetty arm pit from playing for a long time and geting across the map in fast songs is alot eaiser..wht i use exactly is max sesitivity in mouse mode (all done in the wacom driver) then in the mose setting in windows i put the sensitivity right in the middle this seems to wrk fine
8-)
Full Tablet

ovithegod193 wrote:

hey guys the way i play is dragging and on mouse mode from mouse mode take of accelaration and turn up the speed or sensitivity playing like this dosnt end up ina swetty arm pit from playing for a long time and geting across the map in fast songs is alot eaiser..wht i use exactly is max sesitivity in mouse mode (all done in the wacom driver) then in the mose setting in windows i put the sensitivity right in the middle this seems to wrk fine
8-)
Why don't you just use pen mode with a small tablet area? Do you find any advantage in mouse mode over to pen mode?
Rewben2
Using pen mode instead of mouse mode is kinda a huge reason why people use a tablet...
YukinoDesuDesu

Rewben2 wrote:

Using pen mode instead of mouse mode is kinda a huge reason why people use a tablet...
This....
ayumilovexd

Aqo wrote:

Hover.

Full area.

That's it.

Just play more.
What do you mean by hover? which tablet do you use in order to do that?
dangoinreality
I have this problem with using the tablet cause I always lift my pen up too high when I hover and my pen disconnects, any tips on how to control this?
jasonxer
Why does my cursor lags when im using the pen? doesnt do that with the mouse :/
Almost

Tic__Tack wrote:

Why does my cursor lags when im using the pen? doesnt do that with the mouse :/
Do you have use raw input on because if you do and you have a bamboo, that's what might be lagging you.
LaexTheCat
Asking for tips is futile as everyone has their own playstyle.
Just find a way that makes you most comfortable.
I personally am new to tablet and I use an area of 1.31x0.64 inches and I don't hover.
I disabled the mouse button on the tablet and by doing so I am able to touch the tablet with the pen.
I use z and x to "click the circles".
Small area means better jumps and spinners.
In my opinion, small area is the best for beginners.
Hope I helped (though in 4 years you must've found a way already).
aalexsu
Here's a pro tip that improved my switch from mouse to tablet quickly: Play maps a star or two above your level with auto click on and just work pen movement and grip. Get into the rythm
pandaBee
Invaluable advice indeed. Please take my first unborn child.
zeplic

V5AUG wrote:

Here's a pro tip that improved my switch from mouse to tablet quickly: Play maps a star or two above your level with auto click on and just work pen movement and grip. Get into the rythm

dont forget to tape your stylus to a drill gun