forum

Screamo recommendations?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThroveKeys
So I realised I like Foreground Eclipse even more than the normal death metal that I tend to listen to, and it's probably thanks to teto's scream. Does anyone know any other good artists such as them that has that tearing screech such as in FgE or ICDD?
ISMA_242
It's not death but listen to Crisix.

They are one of my favourite thrash metal bands and they got that screamo that you like.

Start with this one ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq8zQIP5sxY
TheKingHenry
There's plenty of great artists with more high oriented harsh vocals in their repertoire, hell, vast majority of some genres are like that, but that's too much variety for good recommendations (essentially, vocal style is fairly poor as the sole basis for recommendations). Since you did mention death metal though, you should probably give the "originals" a spin. The band Death does not have exactly this type of highs, but highs nonetheless, and their music is some quality death metal

EDIT: also might wanna avoid using "screamo", as it will trigger quite a few connoisseurs of metal (myself included), since screamo typically refers to specific small emo subgenre of that name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ISMA_242

TheKingHenry wrote:

There's plenty of great artists with more high oriented harsh vocals in their repertoire, hell, vast majority of some genres are like that, but that's too much variety for good recommendations (essentially, vocal style is fairly poor as the sole basis for recommendations). Since you did mention death metal though, you should probably give the "originals" a spin. The band Death does not have exactly this type of highs, but highs nonetheless, and their music is some quality death metal

EDIT: also might wanna avoid using "screamo", as it will trigger quite a few connoisseurs of metal (myself included), since screamo typically refers to specific small emo subgenre of that name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
´

huh?

bro it's not that hard, dont complicate yourself, Joanichu wanted metal screams groups so just give him. Talking about what screamo is and the thing about death that you wrote up there (I didnt understand it im sorrry) doesn't help.
TheKingHenry
whether it was helpful for you or not is irrelevant, it might be so for someone

Besides, asking for "screamo" when you are technically not actually asking for it, can yield results you were not looking for, and why would I not mention that then?

Perhaps you give recommendations in different fashion, and that is fine. I will still do it my way though lol

If you are not interested in all the additional information, just pick the band name and move on
RevSlaughter
I don't want to get dragged in the mud by categorizing a certain group by the term "screamo" because frankly, I don't know much about that genre, but if you were looking for bands with screaming then 生Conform死 is a good one. I've recently fallen in love with this band's style of music and how they incorporate different genres together.
Kolmas
I don't know if Foreground Eclipse can be counted as screamo, but calling ICDD screamo is really triggering for me lol

Anyway talking about "scream" like vocal the one come up in my mind is this one