forum

Play against Ghost

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,519
Topic Starter
Atmey
Like multiplayer against locally saved replays, and maybe extra features for osu!direct like your friend list top scores. Toggleable if its too distracting, like usual (tab).

SPOILER

theowest wrote:

mattyu007
Oooh just like Ouendan...
Niiice
0_o
now THIS would be awesome

100% support here
YoshiKart
I have something similar to this, but it's purely for beating your or others' scores. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6301

And, I support this too. :P
Daru
Full support here. :)

Also, I think there should be an option to toggle between viewing the combo of the ghost, the accuracy of the ghost, or both.
adamskii_uk
Sounds a good idea. :)
AceOfArrows
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ThePassingShadow
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy

ThePassingShadow wrote:

Seems easy to implement. Just add a 'Play With Ghost' button above 'Watch Replay'.
Adding the button is simple. Adding the functionality isn't so ;).
ThePassingShadow

peppy wrote:

ThePassingShadow wrote:

Seems easy to implement. Just add a 'Play With Ghost' button above 'Watch Replay'.
Adding the button is simple. Adding the functionality isn't so ;).
Haha, I know it's a bit harder than just adding a button.

I wonder if a new user panel would emerge from this. Rather than 'Watching', it might say 'Ghosting'. Maybe a white panel with black text ?

Ex. Ghosting ThePassingShadow playing Brandy - Cross Time [Hard]
FurukawaPan
Haha that would be quite fun, trying to best one's self. The replay data is already there (as long as you remembered to SAVE it), anyway.

While we're at it, how about playing against a ghost of someone else online (like say, your official rival?) See, it would download that person's best ranked play for the particular song(if available). You could compete against anyone's replay, actually. :D

Bring it on Cyclone >:(
ThePassingShadow

james039 wrote:

Haha that would be quite fun, trying to best one's self. The replay data is already there (as long as you remembered to SAVE it), anyway.

While we're at it, how about playing against a ghost of someone else online (like say, your official rival?) See, it would download that person's best ranked play for the particular song(if available). You could compete against anyone's replay, actually. :D

Bring it on Cyclone >:(
Yes, this is what I mean. All top 40 replays should be ghost-playable.
gaph2000
I thought about this a while ago but decided not to post about it because I didn't see how it would work if you're ghost beats you to the beat... then wouldn't it just be playing with the hidden mod 'cept there's another cursor on screen, or am I missing something?
peppy
As far as I know people just want to see the mouse cursor or something. Apparently that makes it feel like they are playing against someone?
gaph2000
vytalibus
We can add something like a bar similar to DDR's "Magic Dance". The bar will measure the score and accuracy of the player and the ghost and compare them to each other. That way, the player will know if s/he does better than the ghost.

I'd suggest putting the bar on the right side of the screen: green part would be the player's while the gray part would be the ghost's.
0_o
Honestly, I would be fine with ghost matches behaving like a regular multiplayer match with 2 people; imo a "ghost cursor" in the background would just throw me off..
gaph2000

0_o wrote:

Honestly, I would be fine with ghost matches behaving like a regular multiplayer match with 2 people; imo a "ghost cursor" in the background would just throw me off..
That would be the obvious thing, but it's not really a "ghost" then. Just an interactive replay.
0_o

gaph2000 wrote:

0_o wrote:

That would be the obvious thing, but it's not really a "ghost" then. Just an interactive replay.
Good point :P

Well I guess if the ghost is subtle enough it could work, but it would have to be VERY subtle..

Though if "ghosting" is too much to implement, I would still like to see the "replay multiplayer"...
gaph2000
show more