forum

Play against Ghost

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,519
show more
D e s
Second cursor would be good, need the feels of multi //
secretly asian
yes please. 2 stars :D
NickXitco
Yes please! I would love something like this.
_Steve
Yes! Awesome Idea!
Supporting :D
ikzune
idk if this has already been mentioned but easy to put into mania, maybe harder to code but force the players screen to be on one side and next to it is the ghost o.o
Yarissa
I'd like to bump this post to contribute my thoughts on the matter. I honestly think this would be a great tool and needs more attention.

If replay ghosting was available with a FADED CURSOR (not as OP suggests!) it'd be great as an unrankable mod, because you could not only trace your movements (or auto's movements/ another player's movements) but you could also see how/ when/ where you missed on a difficult section of a map. I think competing with yourself is also very important in this game, and would love to someday see small little things like this make it into the game. Even if they are hard to implement

Even without the faded cursor, I don't think it would take much effort to see your local replays updating their scores as you play a map. Then again, I don't know jack shit about how programming works, so maybe I'm wrong.

I personally trace replay movement a lot and rewatch my own replays to see where I missed, so being able to see those misses WHILE I AM ACTUALLY PLAYING would be a huge assist for me.
- Sugoi Sugoi -
6 years...
Will this ever be implemented?
sicalmforgost
Wow... it has been a lot of time... I even make a duplicate :, U.

I see a lot are mentioning like a bot, or somthing like that, but i guess it would be enough to just have the score in realtime in some cases.

Also i have an idea of extra thingies :V... you know, just to say sth.
MOD: It would be nice to have a mod that gives you a game over when you have X difference below with a replay.
MULTI-REPLAYS: In multiplayer you just don't compete with one person (most of the times), so having lots of replays could also be cool (There may be some lag though)

Personally i think that just the "score bot" is somehow easy to implement, but the ghost (like a second player besides in mania, taiko, and like transparent in standard and CTB) would be a little harder, and with a lot more cpu usage but that's just my opinion *<*. BUt even though some people just need the numbers, it would be very cool to have a bot beside you
Mirt
Love this idea. Playing against a ghost seems like it would add another fun way to play Osu when you're taking a break or just trying to improve your scores. Whilst I love the DDR ghost scoring idea, I don't think that would work for Osu for the reason of getting distracted. I think the best idea I've read is using the current multiplayer scoring system "Leaderboard on the left" and a toggleable ghost cursor.

Sadly I have no Kudos, but would love to see this!
frisbii
thread resurectioooooonnnnnnnAs long as this works for all the other modes (mania is what I'm concerned about) I'm in (sadly, no kudos :().

To be honest, all I want is something at the side that is literally multiplayer but with your own replays. I don't really want a transparent cursor since it could get a little laggy and would definitely be somewhat distracting.

sicalmforgost wrote:

MOD: It would be nice to have a mod that gives you a game over when you have X difference below with a replay.
MULTI-REPLAYS: In multiplayer you just don't compete with one person (most of the times), so having lots of replays could also be cool (There may be some lag though)
^I was also thinking about multi-replays, maybe a way to select the replays you want in the song selection screen. And the mod is something that would be super useful when trying to get a hi-score on a long map. Another idea for the mod would be like a red light blinking when you get close, or maybe when you get above the [X] difference the red blinking light would come on and staying in the red for too long would fail you.

IDK, just sum ideas I had in my duplicate thread :P
Faye
Here, have 8 votes. While it might be difficult to work through (due to noted issues above me) I'm interested in this and I'll give my full support! <3
OsmoGhost
#MakeGhostingGreatAgain
NightNarumi
Wow nice idea, I would really like to battle against my own topscores.
Having myself as rival sounds awesome!
Ender Lain
sounds interesting
DT Trashbag
A lot of support here seeing as how I just posted about this not knowing this post was here lol
Refills
pls no bump old thread

good idea
Yoshimokai
No joke this reminded me of Mario Kart. I would say it's an interesting idea but way to unfair! You can see the cursor and someone can easily create a NF replay that points to where the circles are and play against it. I would just stick to Tag Team stuff and Multiplayer.
[maxNRG]
Spoiler, I made this post about a month ago, I think... I still agree with this idea, it would be a very helpful feature.
Dialect
I can't wait till this is actually implemented
Refills

[maxNRG] wrote:

Spoiler, I made this post about a month ago, I think... I still agree with this idea, it would be a very helpful feature.

spoiler, this thread was created 10 years ago
-Andromeda-
This is a really good idea. Sad it's been 10 years since this proposal
ShompiFlen
I support this, it would also make the game funnier to play
Lord-Sugar
Sounds good! +1
GDcheerios
for real this should be added
Sugar_owo
it’s been 12 years owo