forum

Sad to be righthanded >//<

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xesyk
First, I can't feel like I am improving speed. I barely hit 200 bpm streams and everytime I leave osu for more than few days, all my progress disappears. My hand gets tired even while singletapping 190 for a long time. I found out few days ago, that my right hand feels more comfortable with tapping, it lacks of finger control, so I can't test for long streams. But I feel like this hand moves way more smoothly and I am able to improve speed. Maybe. I even started considering switching hands. Is it normal that my main hand is more suitable for tapping or just takes time and effort to improve?
P.S. I also broke my left arm 5 years ago, but that was not serious injury, so I am not sure if that could do bad.
Hiiiii5
so u want to aim with your left hand and tap with your right hand?
if so, then i dont recommend cuz it would be like starting over again but improving very slowly due to the fact that you have build muscle memory on both hands. It might take months to even play 3 star maps properly. I recommend just take a break or play easier maps with streams that you can play comfortably with.
Topic Starter
xesyk

Hiiiii5 wrote:

so u want to aim with your left hand and tap with your right hand?
if so, then i dont recommend cuz it would be like starting over again but improving very slowly due to the fact that you have build muscle memory on both hands. It might take months to even play 3 star maps properly. I recommend just take a break or play easier maps with streams that you can play comfortably with.
the thing that my right hand is way ahead of my left hand without even practicing is extremely discouraging. I highly doubt possibility of improving my speed in first place, that's because I can't feel progress in 3 months or even more. But as I said, I had to drop osu few times during these 3 months, but sometimes even few days could make me lose all the progress. When I watch RyuK's plays, I can't even understand how can he do that fast it feels like vibro for me but they do it as usual.
There's big difference between how I feel my right hand tapping and left hand tapping. If I tap with my left hand, I start to feel strain right off and I don't feel like my hand palm bouncing(?) well, unlikely to my right hand. I can feel like my wrist does pretty well on moving my hand palm, but left hand moves less flexibly
Right hand singletaps up to 300 bpm I guess, when left is capable of somewhat 200
Molly Sandera
I used to think that my left hand was waay to slow to even be able to catch up to my right hand, but ever since i started practicing streams, my left hand got faster and faster. Remember this: it's normal for your finger joints to feel sore after a stamina intense session, because after doing it, it will be stronger than before, which means you would now be able to do a certain bpm longer, along with your maximum bpm threshold increasing. What you have to do is to find maps that strain you to a degree, and play them every now and then
Almost
You could always just switch hands if it's such a big deal for you.
Molly Sandera

Almost wrote:

You could always just switch hands if it's such a big deal for you.
This tbh
Topic Starter
xesyk

Molly Sandera wrote:

I used to think that my left hand was waay to slow to even be able to catch up to my right hand, but ever since i started practicing streams, my left hand got faster and faster. Remember this: it's normal for your finger joints to feel sore after a stamina intense session, because after doing it, it will be stronger than before, which means you would now be able to do a certain bpm longer, along with your maximum bpm threshold increasing. What you have to do is to find maps that strain you to a degree, and play them every now and then
Haven't visited forum for a long time... I've actually become able to stream up to 220 bpm, thank you for your support and advice!
Molly Sandera

skeendries wrote:

Haven't visited forum for a long time... I've actually become able to stream up to 220 bpm, thank you for your support and advice!
Have you seen ryuk's speed q&a/lecture vod on twitch yet? (Or a condensed text version of it)
Topic Starter
xesyk

Molly Sandera wrote:

skeendries wrote:

Have you seen ryuk's speed q&a/lecture vod on twitch yet? (Or a condensed text version of it)
Yes, and actually it helped me understand how to improve from now on. But I am slightly worried about whether I am able to learn reading higher AR's or not. I reckon it's necessary to build insane amount of stamina and have my aim grinded perfectly.
Talking about kind of maps he recommended to play, I tried louder than steel 7 star for example. Firstly, I wasn't hitting any of spaced streams. But I tried for a week, played different stream maps with spacings, and now I understand a lot more about that stuff and actually hit beginтing space streams in louder than steel. But now I've encountered some new problem: even though I have enough stamina, due to 1 day break, I can't stop finger locking despite that I am doing stretches and go from the lowest bpm to higher one
Alex_Jaro
It ain't worth it,you would have to start from the beginning with no muscle memory like you did the very first time you played OSU with your left hand for clicking and right for mouse,just don't try to force yourself to left handed if you're right handed.