1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning

On a scale from one to ten, with ten being the best, what is your opinion about the skin?

10. This skin is beautiful. I want you to have my babies. On second thought, maybe not.
24.56% 14
5.26% 3
12.28% 7
10.53% 6
1.75% 1
3.51% 2
7.02% 4
5.26% 3
1.75% 1
1. I am going to print out a screenshot and BURN IT.
28.07% 16
Total votes: 57
Please sign in to vote.
posted
Gold Calm
A simple skin based of golden and blue colors.
This is my first skin I am uploading to the osu! forums so please feel free to bash this as much as possible. Please.
Any information of how I can improve my skinning would be helpful.
Hopefully your eyes won't bleed when you see the screenshots.
Does anyone even read these?

DOWNLOAD
.osk file
http://puu.sh/1Fwnq

.zip file
http://puu.sh/1Fwny

.7z file
http://puu.sh/1Fwne

CHANGELOG

• - Update 1
    Changed spinner background
    Added temporary ranking screen
    Changed slider points
    Changed slider scorepoints
    Changed lifebar coloring to be more subtle
    Added tons of alternate files (Click and drag!)

- Update 2
    Modified miss hitburst
    Modified sliderpoints
    Added mod selection button
    Added beatmap selection options button
    Added beatmap options button
    Added random beatmap button

-Update 3
    Less terrible looking hitcircle overlay
    Added ranking
    Added numbers
    Add scanlines

SCREENSHOTS

Congratulations. You made it to the bottom. To save your time, I also included the download link here so you don't have to scroll back up.
DOWNLOAD (again)
.osk file
http://puu.sh/1Fwnq

.zip file
http://puu.sh/1Fwny

.7z file
[url]http://puu.sh/1Fwne/url]

High Calm
Skin for High Level Players
Invisible 300s
Simpler, transparent hitcircles
Sliders are the same color as the track
More vibrant cursor
More vibrant colors
Other stuff I don't remember

http://puu.sh/1I0zH

posted
Nice skin! Would be nicer if you could skin other elements too! :D
posted
nice start. you can still improve the spinner, since I hate it. I suggest using a transparent spinner. I like the hitbursts, it matches lighting. Nice generic hitcircle, nice font. You might want to skin the result screen, it looks so default. I also like the difficulty stars, although a bit redesign would be nice. Ahm.... can't think of any more right now >.<
All in all, it's a so-so skin, since I really hated the spinner. But without the spinner, I'd prefer using it over the default skin. (but no, I won't use it since I'm also a skinner and I use my own skin ^_^)

Edit: oh btw, if you're wondering what I answered on the poll, I answered meh. This skin is alright.
you know? all this poll thing is really helpful for skins imo. I also might be commenting more on skins by now ~
posted
Not bad overall. All I'd suggest fixing is the life bar. The colour switch looks weird. Besides that, make some skins for the godawful ugly selection buttons, and you should be good.
posted
TeabagNation: When you are talking about the selection buttons, are you referring to the song select buttons? Should I remove the pattern? Make it white instead of black? Get a shape that isn't so god-awful and generic to rest your eyes?
JeMhUnTeR: I may need some advice on the spinner. Should it be a plain one color spinner? A spiral spinner type of transparent spinner? Should there be a design behind the transparent spinner besides the generic white background?
bungeous: Frett not friend! More shall be coming as I rescue us all from the default osu! skin. On second thought, I wonder how many people I have already blinded by looking at the screenshots?
posted

matthewrobo wrote:

When you are talking about the selection buttons, are you referring to the song select buttons?
Mod Selection, Random Map, Beatmap Options, and that other one. Those are the selection buttons. The ones you didn't skin (and are ugly by default)
posted

matthewrobo wrote:

JeMhUnTeR: I may need some advice on the spinner. Should it be a plain one color spinner? A spiral spinner type of transparent spinner? Should there be a design behind the transparent spinner besides the generic white background?
try removing around 90% of the white background and make the thingos on the sides wider.
posted
I have listen to your feedback on the spinner and I have brought you this!
(Actually, I only listened to JeMhUnTeR's feedback. TeaBag Nation, I will begin working on the bar icons on the bottom as soon as possible.)

OH GOD WHY ARE YOUR EYES BLEEDING
THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN

You can in fact download the prototype spinners right now. Just click and drag the pictures below from your browser to your Gold Calm folder. Try to keep a backup of the original files though just in case you don't like the modified versions.

posted
This is surprisingly very readable, it looked like it would just be a skin that looked awesome but was unplayable, but it's very playable. I like it!
posted
Downloading because of the cursor.♥

Edit: Awesome skin!
posted

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

nice start. you can still improve the spinner, since I hate it. I suggest using a transparent spinner (1). I like the hitbursts, it matches lighting. Nice generic hitcircle, nice font. You might want to skin the result screen, it looks so default (2). I also like the difficulty stars, although a bit redesign would be nice (3). Ahm.... can't think of any more right now >.<
All in all, it's a so-so skin, since I really hated the spinner. But without the spinner, I'd prefer using it over the default skin. (but no, I won't use it since I'm also a skinner and I use my own skin ^_^)

Edit: oh btw, if you're wondering what I answered on the poll, I answered meh. This skin is alright.
you know? all this poll thing is really helpful for skins imo. I also might be commenting more on skins by now ~
(1) the hell are you suggesting? i'll prefer that spinner than nothing... :P

(2) it is already default... :P (wait for the creator... he/she will do it...)

(3) no redesign needed...
posted

matthewrobo wrote:

now that's better.
but this....

...is what I mean by transparent.
posted
Amazing!
posted
Ach, damn. I forgot to upload the spinner meter. I will be uploading the alternate spinner files shortly. The current blank spinner background will be changed to the one I used for my preview. I will keep a blank spinner background inside for anyone who prefers it. The updated files will be in the download link, in the Gold Calm folder.
You will need to redownload the skin to have all the current spinner options.
I'll also be working on the lifebar color change to make it more subtle.

EDIT
Okay. I lied. Apparently I can only work in giant chunks at a time. This means it isn't done yet, but expect something within a few hours of this reply.
posted

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

matthewrobo wrote:

now that's better.
----------------------------------------------------
(1) but this....

...is what I mean by transparent.
(1) still sucks...
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

(1) still sucks...
i don't give a damn, okay
posted
Prototype hitcircles! Tell me if these should be included in the next version of Gold Calm.

posted
New version! Now includes numbers and letters and a less ugly looking hitcircle overlay!
posted
Pretty interesting skin you made. I'll get around on downloading it and use it.
posted
Oh. That's a lovely font.
show more