Just so happened to be rummaging through old feature request and stumbled onto this one...Too lazy to rewrite everything so I just copied my original post from another request
It looks like a majority of people dislike this idea, myself included, so think about this for a second: How about doing the opposite of this request instead? Instead of competing against each other, make them work together? There will be another play mode in the multiplayer lobby named "misc." or "combined play" or whatever... :/
Anyway, it'll be different from the other game modes in multiplayer because there can only be a max of 4 players in each room and matches can only begin once they have at least one player on each game mode. It'll consist of 1 osu, 1 taiko, 1 ctb, and 1 mania player. To combat the different scoring algorithms, instead of trying to make a new one just don't do anything about it
Scoring will be based on individual algorithms and be as followed:
- Other player: osu standard: His score out of MAX score obtainable
- Me: Taiko: My score out of MAX score obtainable
- Other player: Ctb: His score out of MAX score obtainable
- Other player: mania: His score out of MAX score obtainable
osu standard player score + Taiko player score + Ctb player score + mania player score = Combined player score on song
osu standard MAX + Taiko MAX + Ctb MAX + mania MAX = Combined MAX obtainable on song
Combined player score on song out of Combined MAX obtainable on song
Don't like the scoring scheme because you can see the faults I left in and the details I left out? If you feel like using proportionality to use closer MAX scores in the different modes,
be my guest...find individual ratios to multiply the scores by for all songs.
Bringing the osu! community closer to the "Clan" movement...
- An overall average percentage could be added: |(osu score percentage + Taiko score percentage + CTB score percentage + mania score percentage)/4 = Average overall percentage| ~~~ Probably, just to show how well they played as a group. No, actual effect on gameplay.
- Since the multiplayer room will only have 4 slots, the last 4 slots can be removed and replaced with the icons for each mode from left to right. Clicking one of the icons will put your name over it and the icon will light up. Clicking again will remove your name and the icon will darken. The "match start" button won't appear until until everyone has picked a game mode.
If you don't understand...
~It would be like playing as a band in Rock Band or Guitar Hero~
deadbeat edit: sorry dude ;__; t/202089