forum

Sigh - Midnight Sun

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on December 7, 2007 at 4:11:55 PM

Artist: Sigh
Title: Midnight Sun
BPM: 177
Filesize: 4493kb
Play Time: 02:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.44 stars, 188 notes)
  2. Hard (4.09 stars, 292 notes)
Download: Sigh - Midnight Sun
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Next up, we have Sigh with "Midnight Sun" taken from the album "Gallows Gallery". This album's actually got quite an upbeat, jazzy feel to it, and even though Sigh is a Japanese group, this song would much more suit EBA's setting than Ouendan's in my opinion. This band is truly amazing in that each album sounds radically different from the last, constantly delivering a fresh sound.

But enough about the band. The beatmap...well, see for yourself. Supports Easy and Hard difficulties, and neither is a template of t'other. It gets quite spinner-heavy at the end, with a bit of spice added for flavour.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Reduced filesize, added forgotten background and a note was off ;___;
EDIT2: Tweaked BPM and a couple notes on Hard.
EDIT3: Tweaked a few sliders to sound better on Easy.
EDIT4: Changed Hard's ending so there was less spinner spam >=O it was apparently nerfing your beatmapping pleasure so now it has been fixed.
Cecilthemos
Sweet beatmap, I love all of the sliders and how at the end there's more than one spinner going on so the timer circles create a cool effect. I don't see anything wrong with it, really nice job.
Topic Starter
awp

Cecilthemos wrote:

Sweet beatmap, I love all of the sliders and how at the end there's more than one spinner going on so the timer circles create a cool effect. I don't see anything wrong with it, really nice job.
Woah, speedy reply! Wasn't expecting that.

I actually found one thing that's wrong.

I forgot the background ;___; brb uploading lol
eyup
Welcome back awp! Pretty awesome beatmap to mark your return. Here's some feedback (although keep in mind I've only played Hard):

1. BPM sounds better at 177 flat, rather than 177.06.
  2. Personally I don't like the notes over the sliders in the first couple of combos. Looks a bit ugly if you ask me, but if you're cool with it, so am I.
  3. You've been playing Wizards In Winter too much. Fergawdsake get rid of that spinner spam at the end! :twisted:
Other than that, solid as a rock. eyupstarrrrrred.
Topic Starter
awp

eyup wrote:

[*]BPM sounds better at 177 flat, rather than 177.06.
Gave it a listen. Marginal, but also marginally more correct, so I went with it. Oddly enough, I think that's what I originally had.

eyup wrote:

[*]Personally I don't like the notes over the sliders in the first couple of combos. Looks a bit ugly if you ask me, but if you're cool with it, so am I.
I thought it was kind of neat, but moving one note up a bit did more good than harm, so I went with it.

eyup wrote:

[*]You've been playing Wizards In Winter too much. Fergawdsake get rid of that spinner spam at the end! :twisted:
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.
Fraeon
Fraeonstarred.
eyup
And will stay only starred until spinner spam is removed! :twisted:
Topic Starter
awp
It'll be a cold night under the midnight sun when that happens. I like the spinners at the end D=

or is there spinner spam elsewhere that you think is unbecoming of the song?
eyup
All spinner spam is bad :twisted:
Topic Starter
awp
Echo49 is turning in his grave right now.
Cecilthemos
I think you should remove the final spinner spam, because there's like 5 spinners at once, and it can easily lag some computers.
Topic Starter
awp

Cecilthemos wrote:

I think you should remove the final spinner spam, because there's like 5 spinners at once, and it can easily lag some computers.
Updated Hard with new ending that doesn't spinner-spam your ass.
Cecilthemos
I approve, I should have checked this out a lot longer ago.
chan
This beatmap is pretty good, just got round to playing it and attempted s-ranking it.

Easy is passable for beginners but who knew it would be so hard to get a perfect combo? Particularly the guitar solo section.

Anyway, I had my share of fun/frustration playing this map.
noneed
jesus christ, so this way old maps looked? ô.ô damn weird.didn't even managed a S on easy.. o.o'