Disable HP drain while Sudden Death is active

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Inspired by Silynn's post here. t/109893

Some maps are impossible or close to impossible just to pass with Hard Rock due to the drain involved. If Sudden Death removed drain, then the player could take the risk of instantly failing in exchange for being able to pass where they couldn't otherwise, giving the mod some practical use. Most maps wouldn't be affected by this change, but the ones that would are desperately in need of this.
deadbeat
same with perfect mod i'm assuming?
Jordan
That makes no sense since if a player is sure he/she can fc the map all you're asking is "disable HP drain so I can pass some maps with HR"
Aqo

Jordan wrote:

That makes no sense since if a player is sure he/she can fc the map all you're asking is "disable HP drain so I can pass some maps with HR"
That's pretty much the point. Allow maps to be passable with HR, when they're otherwise not, which is a map flaw.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Yeah, Perfect mod too, of course. This would be a nice little touch, and just serve to diversify scores more, like the fixing of doubletime in CTB.
Saten
But still...
Can you FC this? The last spinner kills you with HR :P
t/100867
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Haha, if anyone can FC that with HR then they deserve to survive! This obviously would only help in a very small amount of cases and a very small amount of players, but it's completely lame having some maps be literally impossible with some mods.
TheVileOne
I disagree.

This would be unfair. Sudden death doesn't reduce the multiplier. Why should we disable something that makes a song more difficult without penalizing the player who uses it. I could just play any of the easier difficulties that I don't miss anyways and I could just get rid of annoying drain completely.

I'm sure people are not going to like it if Sudden death was worth less than 1.0x. It's certainly not worth breaking the balance to fix a gamemode that can be easily fixed by other ways.

Discuss.

-pesky typos
Aqo

TheVileOne wrote:

This would be unfair. Sudden death doesn't reduce the multiplier. Why should we disable something that makes a song more difficult without penalizing the player who uses it.
You don't get it.

This is not a matter of how difficult something is. It's practically impossible to pass some maps with HR.
show more