forum

Auto disable spun out

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Sometimes I like to play days with the spun out mod, because i dont like spinners. Many times i dont realize that some of the maps I play actually dont have any spinners at all, so i get the 0,9 multiplier for no reason.

So how about a feature that if you play a map without spinners, the mod automaticly disables, giving you full score. Just like in osu!mania if you play 4K maps with 4K mod on, the mod automaticly disables.
Heibel
how about you learn how to spin?
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Heibel wrote:

how about you learn how to spin?
hah, i spin 420bpm u idiot, but i just hate it, messes the whole flow of song.
CXu
I spin 1bpm, u jelly?
MillhioreF
Not particularly!

Anyway, this is a pretty neat idea. Starless support from me.
Saten
I read the title and I thought you meant that choosing Auto will disable spunout lol

But this is a neat idea
Though you can just check if the map has any spinners, unless you are ignorant/forgetful.

CXu wrote:

I spin 1bpm, u jelly?
I very jelly :c
Rei Hakurei
nice idea.
+1 saten lol

if hitobject.spinner.counts >0 { mult *= 0.9 } else { mult *= 1.0 }

(inb4 denied cause there's a "Spinner Counter" at top-left)
-GN

Sea_Food wrote:

hah, i spin 420bpm u idiot
smoke weed everyday

Also, support. I don't have any stars, though, so you'll have to make do with some text.
theowest
good idea.

I like the concentration of Scandinavians in here
deadbeat
sorry, i don't support. mainly cause it only takes a second to see if a map has a spinner or not. but w/e, people seem to support this so i'll just stay out of this one :p
Wishy
Spun-Out should give a x1.00 bonus. It's even a bad mod since you don't get any big bonus score from spinners because lol 286 RPM. Some maps are even impossible to clear while using it.

x0.9 is dumb.
Saten

Wishy wrote:

Spun-Out should give a x1.00 bonus. It's even a bad mod since you don't get any big bonus score from spinners because lol 286 RPM. Some maps are even impossible to clear while using it.

x0.9 is dumb.
^I kinda agree

Unless this mod spins like 380+/-, the score reduction seems kinda silly imo..
chaotic_iak
A note very shortly after spinner (Insane diffs have them) is easy with SpunOut but hard without it unless you want your combo to break. x0.9 is justified. Imagine where you have a short spinner (add high OD to make more nightmares) and a 1/4 stream 1/4 beats afterwards (put high BPM for more nightmares) in the middle of the song. I'm quite sure that you miss some object in the middle (and breaking the combo, giving you only 50% potential score due to quadratic score formula) unless you're used to the song or you use SpunOut (which gives 90%).

Back to topic: Well you can look at the number of spinners. But yeah, nK mods don't reduce the score when the actual diff has the same number of keys, so perhaps this can be implemented too. I have nothing to add.