forum

Why do many players single tap with their middle finger?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seny
o.0 I single tap with my middle finger and start streams with my middle finger.

Index finger feels oddly loose
Staiain
Definitely best for me to singletap with my index, i almost form a fist as well when i do fast singletapstreams~
Pettanko
I single tap by alternating my fingers on one key.
Hiryuu_old
I singletap with my middle finger and start streaming with the middle finger as well, I find it impossible to do it with the index finger :D. Can't really explain why, but I just feel it's a lot more comfortable doing that way than the opposite.
Though generally speaking, people are different, they find 1 way more comfortable than the other, so they'll stick to the way it's more comfortable and easier to play with.. it's standard.
D33d
They like to flip inferior players the bird.
theowest
this is obviously the best way to single tap
buny
best pen grip
Kanye West
That pen grip is so manly

Almost as manly as soba's
Aqo
Lavale_old
this is the best way to single tap

at 1:20 is he actually singletapiing 300bpm streams?
Naikaze

Singletap?
SingleTAbletaP
she_old

Lavale wrote:

this is the best way to single tap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaMvDh_e8o
How cute
Staiain
I tested with middle finger and I could suddenly full-300 170 bpm streams, so it seems it's better than index after all
Soarezi
middle finger is the strongest ;D:D:D:_D_:D
theramdans
I do middle finger since the very beginning
MFZ
Just as it was already said, it really is a matter of preference. Most top players singletap with index finger, less people singletap with middle finger. My middle finger hurts if I singletap with it too much.
Kanye West
why would you single tap with a tablet

you're going to wreck the surface so hard
VoidnOwO
:)
Naikaze

Kanye West wrote:

why would you single tap with a tablet

you're going to wreck the surface so hard
My tablet is still okay from all that tablet tapping.
Sherbert
Maybe it's easier for them to? Most players I've seen tapped with their pointer and middle on the z and x keys; so I'm not really sure XD I've seen a few people who've only tapped with their middle finger, they were quiet fast at it so maybe it was just easier for them. It's pretty rare though, or at least for me
Rinko
I do it when I'm frustrated ~
iderekmc

Kaoru wrote:

I single tap with my middle finger. I can tap slightly faster with my index finger but it's not a serious difference. I think I could be faster if I got used to using my index finger but I'm too lazy to learn to use it.
the same happens to me LOL btw do u still singletap with ur middle?
nyrox
It felt natural to me back when I started playing and single tapped. I also notice my strength and control is stronger with my middle finger on my left hand, but I'm two key scrub tier now.
laref
I started with my index finger and then one day when I felt the need to alternate at certain parts on a map, I switched to the middle finger as my primary finger and I haven't turned back since. I felt I was both faster and more accurate with it.
RaneFire

ntaig wrote:

I started with my index finger and then one day when I felt the need to alternate at certain parts on a map, I switched to the middle finger as my primary finger and I haven't turned back since. I felt I was both faster and more accurate with it.
My story as well, though not for the same reasons.
I spent 2 years on my index finger. Changed to middle one day... practically instant improvement.
PlasticSmoothie
I mainly use index but I use middle if a pattern just naturally makes me stop alternating while on middle.

No difference between them for me.
Karuta-_old_1
I can follow the beat better with my middle finger rather than using my index finger. especially when there are stacks all over the place
Zmatureeno
Dunno, I was using Middle whole time... but now it starts to hurt in high bpm and I feel so slow aswell. I'm trying to switch to index these days cause it's faster with index to single tap and also feels more comfortable and not hurting myself at all... but problem is I can't start streams nor triples with Index, when I start stream with index then I start smashing keyboard so quickly its almost impossible and fail so hard. I'm trying to relearn from it but its so hard, I just cant do good stream when I press Index on first note, I always have to start streams and triples with middle to complete them on full 300s. I'm not sure if I should keep practicing with index and switch back to middle and tryhard with middle, but I feels like using index more, but its probably placebo effect, cause Rafis is pretty much god now, and Cookiezie uses Index as main aswell. I hope I will relearn index way succesfully, but now it's PURE pain in the ass...
pandaBee
cool

+1
Mash
I've used index the whole time for my osu! career. Too hard to switch now.
Minhtam
I single tap with my middle when I feel my index is out of energy. Gotta save the index for the harder parts of the map.
Yuudachi-kun

Zmatureeno wrote:

Dunno, I was using Middle whole time... but now it starts to hurt in high bpm and I feel so slow aswell. I'm trying to switch to index these days cause it's faster with index to single tap and also feels more comfortable and not hurting myself at all... but problem is I can't start streams nor triples with Index, when I start stream with index then I start smashing keyboard so quickly its almost impossible and fail so hard. I'm trying to relearn from it but its so hard, I just cant do good stream when I press Index on first note, I always have to start streams and triples with middle to complete them on full 300s. I'm not sure if I should keep practicing with index and switch back to middle and tryhard with middle, but I feels like using index more, but its probably placebo effect, cause Rafis is pretty much god now, and Cookiezie uses Index as main aswell. I hope I will relearn index way succesfully, but now it's PURE pain in the ass...
I'm sure OP cares after 2 years
pandaBee
People singletap with their middle finger to stick it to Peppy.
Gumpy
Because necroing in G&R is cool.
E m i

Khelly wrote:

I'm sure OP cares after 2 years
He actually might ;o
Surono

Senpai wrote:

I do it when I'm frustrated ~

maybe u can give a fuk to ur Lappy/Pc if get really madness
iderekmc
i used to use middle and switched to index cuz its much faster, but for songs that arent too fast i use both
-Akeno-
I was singletapping with my ring finger when i started on easy/normal , then i switched to singletap middle finger because i felt more comfortable using it , and im still using middle finger to singletap .
DahplA
I use _index...
Not really.
Rilene

DahplA wrote:

I use _index
You just angered our HR god.
show more