forum

How do people gain so much points?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ActualQuoX
I've been playing osu! a lot lately and have tried seeing if I could get onto one of those leaderboards for a beat map, I completed the beat map and had 0 mistakes and only 300's and the 300 kanji's but I was 140,000 points away from the person 5th on the leaderboard?

can somebody teach me how that works?
Synester00
They're using mods! Try using some, they add a fun and new twist to the maps that you are already comfortable with :)
Hydreigon
On the bottom left of your screen theres a button called mod options, in it contains around 12 mods to pick from, these mods will change the way you play a map, like Flashlight will only show part your screen or Half time which slows down the song making it easier for you to hit the circles. Some of these mods multiply your score for a certain amount, while others decrease your score, and the rest are just for fun,
If you use more certain mods that multiply your score, it’ll increase your score drastically making you be able to be in the top 50, only problem is that the map will be now harder

Anyways good luck and have fun playing in osu
Simon12
Getting top 50 leaderboard ranks is something you can do when you've improved a lot.
It sounds like you have a good deal of improving to do before you can make it on one of those leaderboards.

play more, maybe you'll get there someday

but most importantly

pls enjoy game