forum

"Cursor ripples" image is skinnable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thzz
I happened to find how to custom an image of "Cursor ripples", despite of no mention in wiki.
Just adding "cursor-ripple.png" in the folder of your skin.

example)
https://imgur.com/PrTUNnJ <- cursor-ripple.png

By customizing Cursor-ripples image, it's interesting to watch how accurate the positions we clicked are.

As a supplement (but important), I couldn't find how to change the opacity of it.
The opacity of Cursor-ripples is very low in default. It'll be much nicer if we can find the way to custom it, something like a command in skin.ini.

If this topic is already-known thing, just blame my ignorance.
h3oCharles
WHAT THE HELL?! THAT ELEMENT DOESN'T EVEN APPEAR IN THE GAME FILES?!??!?!?! HELLO?!?!??!
RockRoller
How did you find that file. There is a full extract of the ui.dll, but that file wasnt included in it. All of those files were checked, but none of them worked iirc.
Topic Starter
thzz
Nothing special.

I always thought "If cursor-ripples were skinnable, and I could see how accurate my aim is."
Without expecting, I just tried to make files named "ripple.png", "cursorripple.png" etc...
It was just a lucky. When I typed "cursor-ripple.png", the image of cursor-ripples was changed surprisingly.

edit)
I don't know about ui.dll or something. I'm not pro at skinning.
Maybe I should say I didn't hack osu! at all.
Zelzatter Zero
The more you know.

Jokes aside it's pretty interesting. Never see this element before.
-Activision
ok, this would be cool if cursor ripple opacity is changeable. Would make some sort of an extra skinning effect where as in pishifat's Vanilla Salt, the bg turns white when a followpoint appears. But, instead of a followpoint, why not a ripple? So, everytime you click, your screen goes white. Maybe distracting, but a cool idea imo.
BTW, image resolution?
SateLight
after testing the skin, i found some interesting things...

- it's downscaled by 50%, i think...
- not animateable
- available since V1.0
- Default resolution is about 1024x1024 (@2x)
Zaike
Woah, any more undocumented elements?
>also if you want to change the opacity of it, you gotta change the opacity of the .png photo itself.
Kyotea
With this finding does this mean that most images can be changed and we just have to find the name of the file.
RockRoller

Kyotea wrote:

With this finding does this mean that most images can be changed and we just have to find the name of the file.
It actually doesn't mean that. We do actually have the names for everything, but they are not skinnable. The skinnability of cursor-ripples is most likely considered a bug.
OninD

RockRoller wrote:

The skinnability of cursor-ripples is most likely considered a bug.
I hope it isn't a bug. It must be a feature.