forum

Clicking too early

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trashy Tuber
So I’ve been noticing that most of the notes that I hit are really close to the barrier between early 100s and 300s and a lot of them just become 100s. I’ve been constantly hitting at the same time and I already changed the offset by +40. I don’t know if it’s because I have a laptop keyboard or I’m just really bad at hitting on time but should I just keep increasing the offset or do something else.
PalPal
I had same issue with it usually with jumps, i clicked to early cos the distance of every notes. well, what i did is just "feel" the rhythm. Go to editor, and jump straight to the jumps then practice (if u have same issue with me). Keep the offset 0 ms.
Topic Starter
Trashy Tuber

PalPal wrote:

I had same issue with it usually with jumps, i clicked to early cos the distance of every notes. well, what i did is just "feel" the rhythm. Go to editor, and jump straight to the jumps then practice (if u have same issue with me). Keep the offset 0 ms.
Yeah my issue is usually with jumps as well but it could just be anything for me. Thanks for ur advice tho, I’ll keep it mind for sure.
DecrepitHuman
Play slower maps until you are confident enough to move to higher start maps, then you will just just generally follow the rhythm. I had the same issue because I was going to fast for the maps and therefore failed 90%. When you get to that specific part, take your time and look before clicking the circles or sliders.
Topic Starter
Trashy Tuber

DecrepitHuman wrote:

Play slower maps until you are confident enough to move to higher start maps, then you will just just generally follow the rhythm. I had the same issue because I was going to fast for the maps and therefore failed 90%. When you get to that specific part, take your time and look before clicking the circles or sliders.
Yeah but tbh I find low ar, low bpm, and easy diffs even harder for me. Low ar is just hard for me to read, low bpm makes me want to click the circle even earlier, and easy diffs just makes me anxious lol
Duckeah

Trashy Tuber wrote:

DecrepitHuman wrote:

Yeah but tbh I find low ar, low bpm, and easy diffs even harder for me. Low ar is just hard for me to read, low bpm makes me want to click the circle even earlier, and easy diffs just makes me anxious lol
Sorry for necroing the post, but how did you solve :?
Endaris

Duckeah wrote:

Trashy Tuber wrote:

DecrepitHuman wrote:

Sorry for necroing the post, but how did you solve :?
You have 2 problems combining into a bigger one:
1. You spam HR on everything. That causes the time from a circle's appearance to its click time to be very short. That makes it so you click almost instantly when you see the circle appear instead of trying to listen when you should click it.
2. You play a lot of maps that are too hard for you. Hitting early on difficult maps is better because you don't fall behind the map as much when you make a mistake. So you miss less, have an easier time passing maps. The game is rewarding you for hitting early and your body adjusts.

You need to learn how to time your click based on the music instead of when the hitcircle appears.
Play the Hard difficulty of this map until you can get 99%. NO MODS. Use NoFail if you cannot pass without it. Always try to finish the map so you can see your accuracy.
It will be very difficult but I promise that you will improve very quickly and you should be able to get 97% within 3 days of playing.
Once you can do it without mods, try it with hidden!

You will have a much better feeling for when to hit notes after that and time your clicks more based on sound than on sight. Your ears will always have much more precision than your eyes in rhythm games so don't rely on your eyes for anything but where you have to move your cursor!
Sies
please next time create a new thread instead of necroposting old thread. you can link the relevant thread in your new thread.