forum

osu! Scandinavian Tournament 2013 (Round 3 or 4 or smth.)

posted
Total Posts
show more
-GN
Winning against Potatis on walkover. How boring!
Topic Starter
CXu

kriers wrote:

I suppose that means you'll be playing against Amedis alone!

Less people to contact!
Yeah this.

And Kinomi told me they didn't want to play a few days ago. I just forgot to update the chart I guess. So yeah, Boring match is boring, but Shish Kebab advances on walkover.

NOW TO ALL THE OTHER TEAMS, I HOPE YOU'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO PLAY STUFF SO I DON'T MAD :V
Kluddio
Me and Mastodonten can take our next game on Wednesday this week.
Would like to get a "Yes" from the people we are playing agenst.
theowest
so Amedis wanted me to win as a walkover since he thought I was going to win anyway.
This isn't fun, even if the result may appear obvious, it's still fun to play against each other. :(
Mastodonten

theowest wrote:

so Amedis wanted me to win as a walkover since he thought I was going to win anyway.
This isn't fun, even if the result may appear obvious, it's still fun to play against each other. :(
Ye, almost everyone in this tourney is probably "better" than I am. But i still think that its fun to play
Topic Starter
CXu
I PMd everyone that has a match that is possible to play right now; please check your PM inbox!
Anyhow, I'll try to give this tournament a few kicks forward, I'll probably get busier now that we're getting close to April/May and my final exams and stuff, so let's try get this over and done with asap :P
theowest
I (festost agu) won over Amedis (Brolings).
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6430808

My mother came into the room and gave me food while I were playing in the beginning, thus the shitty accuracy.
It were pretty close, we could've played the tie breaker if I didn't win there.

We'll be playing against Team FjellTopp
Player #1 - Fjelloter
Player #2 - topplife
We'll be playing against them as soon as possible, Round 3 maps.
kriers
llama aka raww has been banned (complete scorewipe, too) so I guess that means Ivaz stands alone against dots.
Saten
Why does everyone get breaded :c
Topic Starter
CXu
So uhh, regarding SSJ5 vs. dots:

Seeing as raww has been banned, the natural course would probably be to, well, just play 1 vs. 2 like what Amedis had to do when Nilsso went poof.
Strawberryy asked if they could play instead of raww in SSJ5. For me, that doesn't seem to be too big of a problem, as SSJ5 actually haven't played a match with a banned player yet (as Afternoon Breakfast forfeited before the tournament began). Thus, unless there is a huge vocal opposition to this decision, (or if Ivaz wants to play alone), Strawberryy is allowed to play with Ivaz for the rest of the tournament.

The main reason for this is basically that 1vs2 matches aren't as fun as 2vs2, as well as the fact SSJ5 haven't even had a match yet; doesn't it suck to have their first opponent forfeit, then have to wait for their second opponent whom took a lot of time to finish the first round, and then have your teammate banned so you can't even play in a "fair" match.

That's my 2 cents anyway, so if you don't wholly disagree, this is the current situation. Sorry about the inconvenience.

I need to write a list of statistics after this tournament is done, lol.
Dazzy
Seeming cool that Strawberryy wants to help out another team I personally think you should ask if it would be ok for Amedis to play instead since he shared the same downfall with having his teammate banned! While Strawberryy failed herself to meet up to her own matches.
Topic Starter
CXu
Uhm, Strawberryy was never in a team prior to this, and the difference here is that Amedis and Nilsso already played a match prior to his ban, whilst Ivaz and rawrr has yet to play a match. Also, Amedis and theowest played 1v1, which is a fair game, so I don't see a reason why this should give Amedis a new chance.
Dazzy

CXu wrote:

Uhm, Strawberryy was never in a team prior to this,
Strawberryy=Lindu
Topic Starter
CXu
Well shit.
theowest

CXu wrote:

So uhh, regarding SSJ5 vs. dots:

Seeing as raww has been banned, the natural course would probably be to, well, just play 1 vs. 2 like what Amedis had to do when Nilsso went poof.
you mean 1vs1? It was just me playing against Amedis. I don't see how 1vs2 is any fair.
edit:

CXu wrote:

Amedis and theowest played 1v1, which is a fair game, so I don't see a reason why this should give Amedis a new chance.
Topic Starter
CXu
He played 1 vs 2 in the first match he played alone, iirc.

Anyhow, Merging teams and all that should still be a no no, and Strawberryy shouldn't really be given another chance either.
If Ivaz manages to find someone who isn't already a participant or previously banned player before sunday, then I'm totally up for letting them play together. If not, you'll probably have to go with 1v2 (or 1v1 if the other team want to do that) on sunday. I hope that's all right for now.
Dazzy

CXu wrote:

He played 1 vs 2 in the first match he played alone, iirc.

Anyhow, Merging teams and all that should still be a no no, and Strawberryy shouldn't really be given another chance either.
If Ivaz manages to find someone who isn't already a participant or previously banned player before sunday, then I'm totally up for letting them play together. If not, you'll probably have to go with 1v2 (or 1v1 if the other team want to do that) on sunday. I hope that's all right for now.
Seems fair!
theowest
just want to say that our (Festost agu) confirmed date for playing against FjellTopp is on monday, around 8 pm.
Strawberryy_old
The only reason I didnt show up at the time is cause I misunderstood the whole thing cause, Zkiel was going away and then I thought he couldnt attend. So then I went away and the other day Dazzy told me that they were able to play, which were uncool cause they could've told me in some way.
And I really wanted to participate this tournament.
Slizzer
xXx420MLGHardrock etc vs DaneFags

Sunday (Tomorrow) somewhere around 15:00 to 16:00~
Slizzer
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6482122

Team xXx420MLGHardrockFlashlightHiddennoscopedoubleSSmouseonlyMLGblazeitxXx won

3-0

Good game and well played; Heibel, ThePal and Nana tan :)
Topic Starter
CXu
theowest

CXu wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6487011

ivaz like a baws.
prooo
kriers
Please announce R4 maps.
Topic Starter
CXu
Well, why the hell not. It's not like we're able to keep up this whole schedule thing anyway:

We finally got to Round 4!
  1. From here on out, the next rounds will be played as BO7 (because really, whatever is the semi-finals for a double-elimination xD)
  2. Because of matches being stuck in different rounds, I won't be putting a date where you have to be done, yet. The best is of course, playing as soon as possible.
  3. I'll still be poking people with PM to have people play~
  4. And blame the fact I haven't played a lot of maps if the mappool doesn't strike your fancy.
  5. And as always, the best of luck to everyone!
(Best of 7) Round 4:
Yousei Teikoku - Kuusou Mesorogiwi (TV Size) [Mafia] by Mafiamaster
goreshit - o'er the flood [The Flood Beneath] by grumd
Horie Yui - Coloring [Insane] by CXu \:D/
Furries in a Blender - Ridorii [Insane] by -Lennox-
KOTOKO - Wing my Way [v2b] by Nekomiya Nono
onoken - felys -long remix- [Another] by Sharp
Fujiwara Marina - Daydream Syndrome (TV Size) [Insane] by Mythol
ParagonX9 - Chaoz Japan [Chaos] by Mustaash
DJ Fresh - Gold Dust [Insane] by galvenize
Zeami - Ryougen no Mai [Oni] by xierbaliti

Tie Breaker:
Hatsune Miku - Senkouhanabi Aika [0108 Aika] by val0108
theowest
Saten and I won (festost agu) against FjellTop https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6495959

it didn't really matter if Saten played with me or not to make it more fair, I would've won every game anyway. We played a few warmup games first as you can see.
Nidert

theowest wrote:

it didn't really matter if Saten played with me or not to make it more fair, I would've won every game anyway. We played a few warmup games first as you can see.
so humble
Dazzy

theowest wrote:

Damn son, you found a steamroller and drove over them :)
kriers
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6537565

High Definition MLGiers wins 3:0
Topic Starter
CXu
kriers
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/6580203

High Definition MLGiers wins 4:0
Topic Starter
CXu
kriersHD so stronk
Dolphin
This thread has almost 10k views! If we reach that it would be the second to ever reach that much in skandi! :D
Dazzy
I guess tournaments can be interresting!
kriers
Next week the 28th I'll be headed to Akita International University to study there for a year.
Sadly as loser bracket isn't progressing atm. playing the final match won't be possible for me.

Take care and good luck everyone!
Mastodonten
Can cloud and pi play today?
Heibel

Mastodonten wrote:

Can cloud and pi play today?
How should we know? Why not ask them ingame?
Mastodonten
None of them are online, and cloud is always hard to get, lol
Heibel
PM?
Mastodonten
Have already done everything i can to try and get a hold of them so you don't need to worry :)
show more