forum

osu! Scandinavian Tournament 2013 (Round 3 or 4 or smth.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CXu

osu! Scandinavian Tournament 2013!

The official osu! Scandinavian Tournament 2013 (or osu!Skandi13 for short) thread, with all the moe.

Using this one until someone makes me one exclusively for this.

We're on our way! If you're participating, check the post directly under this one for (hopefully) all the infomation you'll need.

What the hell is this?!

Today (December 16th, 2012) Norway, the last Scandinavian team still participating in owc#3 was knocked out by Korea (with a whooping 5:0 score difference). This is pretty sad, so to make up for it, I've decided to (try) hold a small-scale tournament for the Scandinavian Community. If you happen to live in one of the following countres (check your country flag if you're unsure :D ): Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands and Åland Islands (well, according to wiki anyway), you're free to participate in this tournament!

So how does all this work?

All participants will be registering as teams of two players from any Scandinavian country. They will then face off against other teams following a tournament bracket, and the last team standing will be the greatest of osu! Scandinavia! (Not really but close enough). More detailed information below.

General Information/Rules

1. The tournament will begin at February 1st, 2013, and continue for as long as we need it to be.
  2. Registrations will stay open indefinitely until we have atleast enough teams to run a successful tournament.
  3. Teams will consist of two players from Scandinavia only.
  4. You may only participate in one team only.
  5. Make sure you have enough time at hand for this so the tournament can run at a decent pace. It would suck if we finished in July.
  6. New rules might be added on the go, so please check the tournament thread (this one!) frequently. Any changes will be notified.
  7. Be nice to each other. Remember that we're all doing this for the fun. :)

How do I register?

To register your team, please post in this topic with the following format:
[notice][size=150][b][color=#BF0080]Team Name:[/color][/b] *insert name*[/size]
[b]Player #1[/b] - [profile]*insert name*[/profile]
[b]Player #2[/b] - [profile]*insert name*[/profile]
[i]*insert a short comment here.*[/i][/notice]
If done right, you should have something like this:

Team Name: *insert name*
Player #1 - *insert name*
Player #2 - *insert name*
*insert a short comment here.*

Match Information/Rules

1. The initial tournament will be Best of 5. This means that the first team to accumulate 3 wins advances.
  2. Semi-Finals will be held as a Best of 7, and Finals a Best of 9.
  3. During the match, both teams will be in a multiplayer game; "Team vs." and win condition set to "Score".
  4. Each team will select two maps from a predetermined mappool to play during their match. You are not allowed to choose a map that your opponent have chosen.
  5. In the case of a tie, a predetermined tiebreaker map will be played.
  6. The mappool will consist of both easy and hard maps, to make the tournament fun for as many people as possible. The mappool will be changed every round.
  7. You are free to use "No Video", as well as the funspoiler panel. Make sure to set your funspoiler settings beforehand though.
  8. If there is a disconnect or other disturbance during the match, a rematch is possible if both teams agree. Do note that on the slightest notice of abuse, your team will be instantly disqualified.
  9. Postponing a match is fine as long as both teams are fine with this. Try to make postponing matches a rarity though.
  10. If possible, I (CXu) or any other tournament staff will be staying with you in the multiplayer match as a referee. Of course, we're not participating in the actual game.

May I help?

Feel free to post in this thread if you want to help with one of the following points:
  1. Prizes - Yeah, I'm a poor guy. If you happen to be able to sponsor some kind of prize for this, then great! (And you can still participate btw.)
  2. Logo - Someone make me a logo to fill that space up there ;w; (You may still participate in the tournament.)
  3. Managing - This is probably a tough one. I have no idea what you'll be actually doing, but probably all the odd jobs that appear during the course of the tournament, as well as solving any problems during matches, etc.
  4. Map Selecting - You'll be discussing and deciding on every mappool that the players have to choose a map from. You'll be the main selectors, but any member of the staff may give suggestions and impressions on maps.
  5. Streaming (?) - Not too sure if we should bother with this one. If you happen to have a cool computer and a lot of free time to be around, then I don't see a reason to not have this either. We'd need to ask peppy for that tournament client though.
Do note that (atleast for now) anyone helping out will not be able to participate in the tournament itself.

Prizes

Some people have told me they can contribute with some cool support and stuff. I'll talk to them and announce this in the next few days \o

Participating Teams

Click me!
Team Name: Team Shish Kebab
Player #1 - -GN
Player #2 - 31415926535897
ike tole me os, vi shish kebaber ræva di
Team Name: Team DaneFags
Player #1 - Heibel
Player #2 - ThePal
Wallah
Team Name: Team Lactose Intolerance
Player #1 - Nidert
Player #2 - Gyuunyu
Sweden - Korea 0:4
Norway - Korea 0:5
Team Name: Team FjellTopp
Player #1 - Fjelloter
Player #2 - topplife
Til topps!.
Team Name: xXx420MLGHardrockFlashlightHiddennoscopedoubleSSmouseonlyMLGblazeitxXx
Player #1 - Nana Tan
Player #2 - Slizzer95
Smoke weed every day
Team Name:holding hands
Player #1 - MrZoom
Player #2 - Zkiel
holding hands into death tears us apart
Team Name: Potatis
Player #1 - KinomiCandy
Player #2 - Empressmiku
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELD.
Team Name: SSJ5 ULTRA STREAMING
Player #1 - raww
Player #2 - Ivaz
Sponsored by Faxe Kondi
Team Name:High Definition MLGiers
Player #1 - kriers
Player #2 - AndreasHD
:3
Team Name: Fail'R'Us
Player #1 - Sniff
Player #2 - Mrs Sparrow 0w0
We Shall Not Pass
Team Name: Strawberry & Blueberry
Player #1 - Lindu
Player #2 - Dazzy
We will grape you!
Team Name: We came for the dots
Player #1 - Cloudio-san
Player #2 - Mastodonten
Applys the lotion on the skin
Team Name: Afternoon Breakfast
Player #1 - Kiwikun
Player #2 - superfront
20% cooler than afternoon tea
Team Name:The Unseen Horizon
Player #1 - f e a r
Player #2 - tonytruong
REALITY, BE RENT! SYNAPSE, BREAK! BANISHMENT, THIS WORLD!
Team Name: Brolings
Player #1 - Nilsso
Player #2 - Amedis
For the swarm!
Team Name: festost agu
Player #1 - theowest
Player #2 - Saten
blir ikke fest uten hest

Tournament Staff

1. That guy doing this: CXu
  2. That guy doing that: MillhioreF

So without further ado, let the registrations and stuff begin \o\. (Yeah writing a long thread like this takes timeeee.)
And note: Don't be afraid to be "too shit" for the tournament. You're probably not ;)
Topic Starter
CXu
We finally got to Round 4!
  1. From here on out, the next rounds will be played as BO7 (because really, whatever is the semi-finals for a double-elimination xD)
  2. Because of matches being stuck in different rounds, I won't be putting a date where you have to be done, yet. The best is of course, playing as soon as possible.
  3. I'll still be poking people with PM to have people play~
  4. And blame the fact I haven't played a lot of maps if the mappool doesn't strike your fancy.
  5. And as always, the best of luck to everyone!
Everyone doing good? Here's Round 2!
  1. Matches should be done by February 17th. You may begin your match in the next 2 minutes if you want to, as long as you're done with Round 1.
  2. If you haven't played Round 1 yet, you should finish that this weekend!
  3. Anyone in the losers bracket should play their matches within the same timeframe as Round 2, but with the round 1 maps.
  4. Hoooopefully the mappool is better this time around (inb4 still sucks \o\)
All right, we're almost ready to begin Round 1!
  1. Mappool will be announced on february 1st (because it's a cool date). You'll have until the 10th to finish your match. This means that as long as you play your match between the 1st and 10th, everything is fine.
  2. Mappools for every round will be announced on friday the week before.
  3. This means that every round will consist of 10 days where you can schedule your match! If both advancing teams in a bracket happens to finish on saturday, you can schedule your match on sunday if you don't have time the week after.
  4. We'll be using a double-elimination style bracket, which I have no idea how works (especially that last field). We'll just let challonge team you guys up whenever you win/lose \o\.
  5. Your team is responsible for scheduling the match. If there are any complications, please don't hesitate to PM me or millhi, either through forum PM, or in-game.
  6. Please post your scheduled match in this thread.
  7. For anyone wondering, we're probably not streaming anything (yet atleast).
  8. Remember that we're here to have fun. Let's all be nice to each other!
  1. When you and your opponent have decided on a match time, please post it in this thread!
  2. There's probably going to be some walkovers (because people ;w;), so bear with me there.
  3. When you're having a multiplayer match, please title the game as "osu!Scandi Round 1. *team1* vs *team2*"
  4. When you're done, please change the name of the room if you're going to continue playing.
  5. Remember to post your /mp/ link here. If you don't, your match won't count (which sucks).
  6. Have fun!

(Best of 7) Round 4:
Yousei Teikoku - Kuusou Mesorogiwi (TV Size) [Mafia] by Mafiamaster
goreshit - o'er the flood [The Flood Beneath] by grumd
Horie Yui - Coloring [Insane] by CXu \:D/
Furries in a Blender - Ridorii [Insane] by -Lennox-
KOTOKO - Wing my Way [v2b] by Nekomiya Nono
onoken - felys -long remix- [Another] by Sharp
Fujiwara Marina - Daydream Syndrome (TV Size) [Insane] by Mythol
ParagonX9 - Chaoz Japan [Chaos] by Mustaash
DJ Fresh - Gold Dust [Insane] by galvenize
Zeami - Ryougen no Mai [Oni] by xierbaliti

Tie Breaker:
Hatsune Miku - Senkouhanabi Aika [0108 Aika] by val0108

Round 3

Round 2

Round 1

Poke me in-game if you have any problems with the mappool. The first round has deliberately been made a bit easier, so everyone has a chance to have fun. Hopefully you guys won't kill me /o/.

Tell me if I missed something.
f e a r
Hi CXu
Topic Starter
CXu
Hi f e a r.
Gyuunyu
sounds cool
Narunya
count me in, i can help map picking
Saten
I guess I'll only be watching~
-GN
I approve wholeheartedly of the idea!

Now I just need someone to play with...
Kluddio
I hope this means something good - AEROIHAERIHWELCOMEAIORHIOERAH xD

I need ma self a partner in crime!
KinomiCandy
please skandinavian badge as price yes
Nyari
you just had to announce this after i broke my tablet didnt you
-GN
Team Name: Team Shish Kebab
Player #1 - -GN
Player #2 - 31415926535897
ike tole me os, vi shish kebaber ræva di

gogo carry
Topic Starter
CXu

Empressmiku wrote:

Yupp, now go get a new one :D

Added the first team weee.
Nyari

CXu wrote:

Empressmiku wrote:

Yupp, now go get a new one :D

Added the first team weee.
wow advertising for wacom much? D:
Amedis
Hey Tom, I maek logo.
Am i cool now??
1080p for swag

AndreasHD
I can help with prizes.
Oh! And by the way ~ I'll be participating as well.

So, about prizes... I am not going to buy a tablet or any other expensive things to anyone, but I can help with buying supporter tags.
Topic Starter
CXu
Yeah, supporter tags were probably what I had in mind already, so that works~
Do tell me if you can contribute with, say 3 month supporter for the winning country, or anything more specific like that so I can actually add concrete prizes into the OP :)
Emaal
well, someone want to team up with me?
Heibel

Emaal wrote:

\o/ me
Emaal

Heibel wrote:

Emaal wrote:

\o/ me
Team Name: Team DaneFags
Player #1 - Emaal
Player #2 - Heibel

bring it whores
Nidert
Team Name:Team Lactose Intolerance
Player #1 - Nidert
Player #2 - Gyuunyu
Sweden - Korea 0:4
Norway - Korea 0:5
Topic Starter
CXu
So wait why are people adding Team to their teamnames.

Edit: Yeah why not; added a part where you can make a small comment/slogan/whatever tickles your fancy.
For already registered teams, just edit your post if you want one :p
MillhioreF
made a better logo than Amedis!
1440p blaze it fgt
Mrs Sparrow 0w0
I want in =3= men trenger en partner ... Anyone? =D
Amedis
why you little
oh it's on
IT'S FUCKING ON MILLWHIORE(f)!

Amedis wrote:

why you little
oh it's on
IT'S FUCKING ON MILLWHIORE(f)!
fight fight!!
Teras
could be in for fun i guess, if someone wants to team up :>
Princess Zoom

Mrs Sparrow 0w0 wrote:

I want in =3= men trenger en partner ... Anyone? =D
wynaut
Liiraye
I can support with two big mac cupons and... uh... A used jar of hairwax...?
show more