forum

[Archived] Screen disconnects with major changes to pixels displayed in-game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gohgo
Problem details:
Hello, I recently started having an issue where moving my cursor, or doing anything that would update a large number of pixels on screen causes my monitor to disconnect from my PC. I don't know what could be causing this, but the only valuable information I can provide is that I very recently updated my NVIDIA Graphics driver from version 442.74 to 451.48 (latest as of June 30th 2020).

Around two months ago, I had an issue where my in-game ms randomly got much worse when I updated to version 446.14 and persisted when downgrading to 445.87. It only got fixed when I downgraded to version 442.74. You can find the forum post for that here: community/forums/topics/1055204

If this issue is caused by my driver (which I believe it is), I know I can easily fix it by downgrading to 442.74 again, but this causes a whole bunch of other visual glitches while casually using my PC which cause a lot of frustration and make certain parts of the screen inaccessible every few days.

I don't really know what to do, and this probably isn't even an osu! issue, but I would like to know if any of you have tips or recommendations for what I can do about this.

Thank you.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/suTe7fS-9r8
As you can see from this video, it is not simply a black screen. I am using monitor audio which is coming from the DisplayPort cable connection, and each time the screen disconnects, the audio disconnects as well. I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating this is, as this makes osu literally unplayable.

osu! version: Stable 20200618 (latest)

Edit:
I would like to emphasize that this only happens while playing osu!, which is why I am posting here. If this happened across everything, from other games to just browsing the web, I would probably contact NVIDIA support about this (if they even have one)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Have you tested this outside of osu! ?

Like you said this looks like a driver or even hardware issue.

Try a different cable or display port to see if that helps.
Topic Starter
Gohgo
I have tested this outside of osu! and this issue has not been occurring elsewhere.

I reinstalled my driver and restarted my computer and it seems to have fixed the issue, but part of me feels like it will still come back based on my history with issues with my GPU/drivers and osu!.

Regardless, thank you for your time.