forum

[resolved] Complete Spectate

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
So im scrolling up and down through the ranked players window and see someone spectating LuigiHann while he is playing Agony [insane]

Im like.. cool i would like to spectate him too, but im too lazy to search for LuigiHann, so i just right click the player who is spectating LuigiHann and spectate him, and it automatically puts me on "other spectators" watching LuigiHann as well.

Could work with players spectating Osu on auto, or spectating any replay. Just right click / spectate, and you will spectate that as well.

Spectate everything basically.

:)
Starrodkirby86

Sir Minelli wrote:

Could work with players spectating Osu on auto, or spectating any replay. Just right click / spectate, and you will spectate that as well.

Spectate everything basically.

:)
Heh, you're recently in the Spectating mood huh Minelli? :3

I remember spectating you for a bit on Theme of Love (Miko Miko Nurse :P )

Anyway, on topic time. That's the request...right?

I can see the use on this, but if so, this would definitely be a low priority feature. I hope it wouldn't be that hard to code...since all you're doing in that case is as if you went and played Auto on a song or watched a replay from the scoreboard.

But spectating everything...even the editor!? :U
AceOfArrows
*Thinks a few moments about this*

So people would be able to spectate as I looked through my music wheel? And thus maybe make suggestions for what I should play? That sounds nice.

Spectation in the editor could be useful for a modder/author team to point things out to each other.

If allowed to spectate people in a multiplayer match room (in-between songs), you could also see how close they are to getting to play the song by seeing who's ready and who's not (and seeing which song the room intends to play).

What I'd probably do for this is put a couple checkboxes in the Online options tab (underneath "Show List of Current Spectators") for "Spectate Editing" and "Spectate Song Select Screens," hovering over which would display tooltips telling you what that would mean. ("Spectate Song Select" would allow you to spectate their song selection list in solo and show any multiplayer rooms they enter, as both involve a song selection.)

Also, if possible, make it so that if whomever you're spectating does not have said box checked, you cannot spectate them performing said action(s). That way, we can keep our editing private if we like. In fact, I suggest having "Spectate Editing" unchecked by default and having "Spectate Song Select Screens" checked by default.

Peppy might have a hard time with putting spectation up for the Song Select screen though, as the game records gameplay during a song, but not while on the song selection screen. This request might be far harder to set up than most of the other spectation-related requests made so far lately; let's see what Peppy/Echo/whomever says about how hard this would be to code.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.