forum

[resolved] [Archived] Cursor "lag" when touching tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luneko
Yo,
I'm having some trouble with my tablet in osu. When I touch my tablet with the pen the cursor in osu "lags" for a part of a second.
With lag I mean that the cursors stays at the point where it was when I touch the tablet.
You may think that this isn't a huge problem, but it's very annoying if you miss something in a fast map because of that.
This only happens in osu! btw, so I don't think it's a driver problem or something.
Mouse Clicks in osu! are deactiated since I use my keyboard to click.

System Information:
Tablet : Wacom Bamboo CTL-470K (3rd Generation) (With newest drivers)
CPU : AMD FX 8350 8 x 4,21Ghz
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 GLH
(I've added CPU and GPU just in case somebody thinks it has to do with system lags)

Thanks in Advance,
Neko~
Ohrami
End the service TabletInputPanel
Topic Starter
Luneko
I don't have a service with that name. :?
Ohrami
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/20635-windows ... ce-service

Do that if you haven't

If it doesn't work your problem is not related to what I though it is
Topic Starter
Luneko
Found the service and deactivated it (Had some weird german name, goddamn windows translations x-x).
But I still have the same Problem though :/. I even tried a PC Restart.
Thank you anyways.

EDIT : Just to let you know, this didn't happen with Windows 7 and the Windows 8 Release Preview.

EDIT2 : I just noticed that this problem only appears with the graphical cursor in osu. The normal cursor in the F9 Friends overlay doesn't lag.
Jantsi
Try this:
--Click Start, type in gpedit.msc and hit enter.
--Click through User Configuration --Administrative Templates -- Windows Components -- Tablet PC -- Cursors.
--Double click on "Turn off pen feedback" and select Enabled to enable the filter that turns off the ripple.

Also try unchecking "Enable press and hold for right-clicking"
you can find that in control panel -> pen and touch -> pen options tab and click settings in there.

I had this same problem and this fixed it.

Oh and you probably want to turn off the flicks thing as well.
peppy
helion

peppy wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2015020
Please have a look at this thread. Please also read through the thread on the Wacom forums I linked in the the second post.
It appears that turning off press-and-hold doesn't work everywhere anymore in Windows 8.
Dexus
Here's how you can fix it:

• 2. Right click and Run as Administrator on the ViziblrFixMyPen.exe
  • 3. Click make everything good
  • 4. Restart your PC
  • 5. Open control panel and search for Pen and Touch
  • 6. Go to settings for Press and hold and uncheck Enable press and hold for right-clicking
  • 7. Open osu! and go to settings
  • 8. Navigate to the Input tab and select Enable OS TabletPC support
  • 9. Restart osu!
Enjoy, this should work as it has for me. If you still have any problems please do tell.
helion
That doesn't help, sorry. :(

The Fix my Pen tool was made for Windows 7 in the first place. A lot of the pen tablet behaviour changed in Windows 8. Viziblr made a blog post about this.

He also made a video demonstrating the drag delay. This is precisely what's happening to me. Are you sure you're not experiencing these at all? It appears that it just works for some people, for whatever reason. :x
peppy
Did you read what I said? It can be fixed by disabling the touch-specific features in the pen and touch control panel area. I have had success on three brands of tablets and two type of touch screens.
helion

peppy wrote:

Did you read what I said?
My jaw dropped a bit when I read this. :D I thought I made it clear enough that no matter what settings I use in the pen and touch panel, I can't get rid of the drag delays.

I thought that maybe the cause of my issue is that I broke something by reinstalling the driver about a dozen times and fiddling with some registry values. So I tried and followed Dexus' instructions closely at my laptop (which never had the tablet plugged in before), but I still got the same drag delays as demonstrated in the video I linked above.

When you're saying "pen and touch control panel area", we're talking about this, right? This is not some silly misunderstanding, right? :?
peppy
Have you turned off double-tap too? and flicks?
helion
Flicks are turned off, yes. There doesn't seem to be a toggle to turn off double-tap, all I can see are two sliders (speed/spatial tolerance). Changing their values around doesn't have any effect on the drag delays.
Topic Starter
Luneko
I tried everything that was posted in this post and actually nothing worked.
Also I can comfirm that there's actually no option to disable double-tap.
But isn't it weird that this only happens with the graphical cursor in osu?
I doesn't happen in other games with graphical cursors and like I said before it also doesn't happen if the normal windows cursor is used in osu.
But I guess it's still a windows problem since that thing with the soundslider from the video happens to me too.

I also noticed that the lag I mentioned actually isn't a real lag.
When I touch the tablet the cursor doesn't move until I move it like 2 or 3 centimetres away from the point where I started to touch the tablet.
Just like that guy in the video showed it off.
And that's actually weird since press and hold is disabled. (Flicks are disabled too)
The only thing that's still activated is double-taps since, like said before, there's actually no option to disable it.

I hope you can understand what I mean, sometimes my english just isn't the best ^^
Dexus
You really have to enable OS pc tablet support within osu! itself. This was a crucial option that worked for me.
Topic Starter
Luneko
It doesn't matter if OS Tablet Support is enabled or disabled in osu, it's still the same.
Looks like this is actually an Win8 problem and can't be fixed right now.
iderekmc
i have the solution, you just have to open osu after u connected the tablet to ur pc
its still happens to me if i open osu before connecting the tablet
Ozato Fumika
Do this. This helped me. It's funny because I was also looking for a solution about this cursor lag, and i just found this lol.

Hope this helps !!!

[RLA] Panda
Hate to revive a dead thread but disabling "Use Windows Ink" in the Wacom Tablet Properties fixed the problem.
KingJesse
Thank you very much Panda
Akiro_old_1

Dexus wrote:

Here's how you can fix it:

• 2. Right click and Run as Administrator on the ViziblrFixMyPen.exe
  • 3. Click make everything good
  • 4. Restart your PC
  • 5. Open control panel and search for Pen and Touch
  • 6. Go to settings for Press and hold and uncheck Enable press and hold for right-clicking
  • 7. Open osu! and go to settings
  • 8. Navigate to the Input tab and select Enable OS TabletPC support
  • 9. Restart osu!
Enjoy, this should work as it has for me. If you still have any problems please do tell.
worked for me. THANK YOU :D
KeViNtheMASTA

[RLA] Panda wrote:

Hate to revive a dead thread but disabling "Use Windows Ink" in the Wacom Tablet Properties fixed the problem.
this
Bara-
Please don't bump an old marked thread