forum

#latvian channel

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,446
show more
Flanster
From what I see, the Latvian thread in the Language Specific subform for a year has 50+ pages.
This is what i call activity, so it shouldn't be hard in my honest opinion. I'm giving you my support.
Just a matter of time.
Mythiax

Lokovodo wrote:

Bump for Latvia justice
Chokladboll

Lokovodo wrote:

Bump for Latvia justice
Topic Starter
nomen
Now since we know that adding new channel isn't impossible, can we get our own pls
Marcin
I'd love if only people that are actually going to use channel would only post / throw stars - that shows how big your community is to consider channel for you.
deadbeat
well, i tried asking. knowing my luck with channels, nothing will happen :(
Vmx

Marcin wrote:

I'd love if only people that are actually going to use channel would only post / throw stars - that shows how big your community is to consider channel for you.
So what is the point of other language forum we are the most active on there, now you are saying we have to go and chat in this thread or what?
Fruit-tella
I was waiting for "Latvian flag pin" in Club penguin for 8 years. It was added last month.

Everything is possible. Just wait. 8 years.
Fruit-tella
Anyone?
Karote

Fruit-tella wrote:

Anyone?
Gaidisim 8 gadus kamer peppy atbildes.
Fruit-tella

Karote wrote:

Fruit-tella wrote:

Anyone?
Gaidisim 8 gadus kamer peppy atbildes.

okay
LoGo

Vmx wrote:

What do we actually need to do to get the channel could someone explain please? This topic was made a year ago and we got told to make a thread in other languages to see how it goes, we did it and it's like the most active thread on there, 44 pages and going, we also translate the game to latvian and it was added to the osu! build, there are already plenty of latvians who keep joining osu! and are asking about where they could talk to other latvians, I just want to know how much time does it actually take to create a new channel, because I am sure it takes less than a minute.
Mythiax
Latvia surely deserves that channel.
neurosis
[ Pingu ]
Seeing as the amount of stars there are supporting this, just add it already jesus christ.
OddSilence
Hello, yes, "This is Dog"!
Anyways, reporting in so this won't die.
#latvian

SPOILER
I know there is a God who can implement this feature...
Chiblets
hey gime channel pl0x xdddd
TheArchiSenpai

Vmx wrote:

What do we actually need to do to get the channel could someone explain please? This topic was made a year ago and we got told to make a thread in other languages to see how it goes, we did it and it's like the most active thread on there, 44 pages and going, we also translate the game to latvian and it was added to the osu! build, there are already plenty of latvians who keep joining osu! and are asking about where they could talk to other latvians, I just want to know how much time does it actually take to create a new channel, because I am sure it takes less than a minute.
LAST MAN STANDING AND BUMPING THIS ONCE AGAIN! :3
Laacis
I've always wanted #latvian channel in osu, but only recently found this thread. I sure hope we can revive this thread and bring #latvian to life, I'm all in for that.
Ameko
peppy pls
Vmx
We are homeless please help
Forseen
Don't mind us, just hanging out in #userlog.
for three years
Adiopulse
Still waiting.....
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
need more channels
Forseen
I think there's something wrong here.
LoGo
yeah, i noticed that as well...
Bara-
Good job Latvia!
Forseen
I wish I'd get that bug more often and not only during tournament games.
Bara-
Oh wait
So it's not real?
I'm confused now
MrFufelis
Will love the channel if u add it
Keirun
Please make this a thing so i can come hang out with my neighbours ;w;
Lapsa
icanhaz #latvian?

karstgalvis
bump
n0ry_old
bump
Mregoo
Bump, because a lot of us really #latvain. Also,

Vmx wrote:

It's nearly 100 pages now there despite it being super inconvenient compared to an in-game channel. And many people don't even know of the thread. While if you connected everyone from Latvia to #latvian automatically, the userbase would be big and active enough that we would have had >300 pages on the thread easily.
Lapsa
#latvian or afk

SatoriKomeiji
Going to raise this issue once again.

There has been enough activity from Latvian users in the past 3 years to warrant a language-specific chat channel.
I'm not even asking if there is, it's obvious. If you haven't seen any, look at Other Languages > Latviešu (Latvian). Despite it being extremely inconvenient to go to the forum to post something, the topic is still nearly 100 pages long at this time.
Want more? Here's a peek at the Discord server that a few of us have been using lately. - GIF
Not enough? Online users from Latvia at the time of posting this (about 50 total). - JPEG

With that out of the way, the current situation leads me to believe there's some other issue preventing the creation of a channel.
The problem is, we're not being told what it is.
If it's regarding moderation of the channel, we'll gather up some volunteers when we actually get a definitive answer.
I can't think of anything else, unless maybe someone has terribly insulted mods/admins? If that's actually the case, that is not an accurate representation of our community now (or ever).

With this, I'd also like to raise some awareness. Now, I haven't talked to any moderators simply because I'm too shy to approach people directly, but I ask of anyone who isn't - message a mod or anyone with some influence in the chat administration. Tell them to take a look at this. Ask them to do something. Give us an answer, message someone else, it doesn't matter.

We all are tired of waiting, and this has to come to a conclusion. At the very least, I'd like to know what haven't we done to earn a channel, what should we do, and, if there's nothing we can do, I'd like to hear that as well.
OddSilence
A whole #channel for ~20 or most likely less people?
Do you even comprehend the server costs for a channel, thats 99% of the time empty? Useless!
SatoriKomeiji
Say, are you familiar at all with IRC based chat systems? There is no server cost associated with an additional channel as far as I know, especially if it's empty (most likely not gonna be the case here).
As for the user count... I didn't want to bring this up, since it might be seen as me bashing other communities, but there are several in-game chat channels existing already, with less users than I'm expecting in #latvian.

Also, nice username :^)
Lapsa
1 weird trick to get more PeePee:

show more