forum

Live collaborative mapping.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,526
show more
yugijedi

ashihiro wrote:

Well, as measured by the game itself: Mod, get help.

Why not raise this concept? Why not take the improvement of mappers to a new level?

With the Edit / Modding Room, the mapper can take help of modding in real time, the mapper can make changes and modders he can give ideas and invite their views during the edit, making it much faster and easy way to map.

Moreover, it can be also used a "personal" chat mapper and their modders and the system of "notes", where a modder have a suggestion it adds a note, and it will appear as a "post-it" on screen mapper and click it to see what is in the message.

As soon as possible will be putting pictures as would be the Edit / Modding Room.

Edit #1:
Some pictures of Edit / Modding Room

Edit #2: The command to add your modders to the room chat could be "/modinvite Nickname"
And they receive the join link in pm.

Johan.
Why don't you call it the modding spectator mode ;)
the mapper can send something like a "spectate request" to the modder who mods his map and the modder can accept or decline (maybe he don't want to be spectated during editing) and if he accept the mapper can really spectate the modder during editing and see what the modder's suggestions are (so you don't have to use puush everythime if you want to make a slidershape suggestion)

Would be so much more linked with the game osu! I think that will increase the participation at mapping and modding of players much!
George
it sounds like google docs
Lach
Bumping this thread in hopes that this may come to fruition now that we've had osu!academy for over a year now.
abraker
[ iL ]
*intent stare*
This would be awesome. Could people without editing permissions playtest the map? That'd be neat.
Spaghetti

George wrote:

it sounds like google docs
Liiraye
Over a year ago peppy said that he will finish it some day as long as he's alive, and seeing as there has been no mention of it, I'm assuming he hasn't started yet. Regardless, I'd like to hear something because this request is wanted by so many people and deserves a higher priority IMO. I get that pepsi has a LOT to do but you can always wish right? After all, you did say that you'd put everything to one side and make this happen...

I'll make a deal: If someone creates a series of video tutorials on mapping in osu! – something I've hoped would have been done by now without even having to ask – I will put everything to one side and make something like this happen.
Sir Lance
Take my stars. I need this in my life.
Crowie
Hopefully this will happen for osu!next?
ffstar
good idea!
Tae
yes please
Frolski
Very good idea. That would be useful.
Sylvette

peppy wrote:

I'll make a deal: If someone creates a series of video tutorials on mapping in osu! – something I've hoped would have been done by now without even having to ask – I will put everything to one side and make something like this happen. This is not a new idea, and it is something I have been keen to implement, but there is a lot involved in making it work correctly.

Hell, I might even settle for new video tutorials on installing and loading new maps into osu! or anything really. I's so sad to see so few quality tutorial videos :(.
PEPPY THERE'S BEEN TONS OF SERIES CREATED NOW WHERE THE FUDGE IS THIS??????????????!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Please don't take this seriously.
Erebos
I think it'd be a slightly better idea that instead of giving people permissions, there'd be the host with the map open, and experienced mappers and qualified helpers, likely designated in some weird way, can give the host feedback via chat, and unofficially placing "notes" that the host can refer back to (Kinda like a shadow note that doesn't affect the mapping, but can be seen as a way to help w.o doing it for them). Others who would also like to learn could also spectate the mapping room+chat to reduce the amount of rooms that would be live.
-Kyu

peppy wrote:

I'll make a deal: If someone creates a series of video tutorials on mapping in osu! – something I've hoped would have been done by now without even having to ask – I will put everything to one side and make something like this happen. This is not a new idea, and it is something I have been keen to implement, but there is a lot involved in making it work correctly.

Hell, I might even settle for new video tutorials on installing and loading new maps into osu! or anything really. I's so sad to see so few quality tutorial videos :(.

Sorry for necropost,but does pishi's mapping tutorial counts?

DO IT PEPPY
CoffeeDrream
amazin
Jude
this would be so good, like even for teaching or anything really
iYiyo
This would be so cool for the mapping community.
Hikomori
this is a really good idea
collabing would be much easier
mcwc2307
You know. This idea has actually been inplemented in the Most Popular Search Engine of all time : GOOGLE

If you didn't realize, some of the google apps in there have real time collaboration.

Some examples are Google Documents, Google Slides and Google sheets

You can try looking at these For inspiration!

If google can do it, then so can you!
AUS-teisciitb

mcwc2307 wrote:

You know. This idea has actually been inplemented in the Most Popular Search Engine of all time : GOOGLE

If you didn't realize, some of the google apps in there have real time collaboration.

Some examples are Google Documents, Google Slides and Google sheets

You can try looking at these For inspiration!

If google can do it, then so can you!
That's exactly what I thought as soon as I saw this. Through my school we use the google suite quite often, and I have thought that some of the ideas could be applied to osu!

Particularly, having things similar to the "suggest edit" function, where an idea is suggested before being either applied or declined by the creator.
Maun0
that would be sick
remclean

peppy wrote:

To Peppy... https://www.youtube.com/user/Pishifat
I almost forgot... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGeHQeP0X9myPt7bOCcEHfw
Mo doesn't have as much "tutorial" videos, but still a few that helped me start mapping.