forum

Allow custom cursor tails to behave as the default one. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +100
Topic Starter
ztrot
Pretty simple request, I'm just suggesting that there be a code toggle in skin ini's that allow for the same cursor tail behavior as the default one.

Because the default tail has the best "imo" effect lets take a side by side look shall we?

normal custom cursor tail effect.

super sexy default effect.

Things that can be noted is that the default tail is much longer and what I think is the refresh rate of the image is higher i could be wrong about that, but with current custom defaults it just looks as if it is sort after imaging the image file used for the tail I'm not sure of that tho either. I just want super sexy long tails :P
Luneko
I'd love to see this!
Had this on my mind some time ago :P.
jemhuntr
replace your cursortrail.png with a small circle of about 8 pixels diameter and gaussian blur it by around 5 pixels. It should produce the same effect.

Edit: I tried it. The default skin really produces cooler effects >.< okay now I support this xD

although I think it 'd be nice if we could set how slow cursor trail fades out and how many images per second it prints via the skin.ini.
Topic Starter
ztrot
yeah it was stated way back when the effect was made it was a bit different than how the other tail works, I just can't recall what exactly
karma_komodo
First, why is it diferent in the first place? and why does the default skin have a non-spinning blue cross and other skins cant have that? maye peppy wanted to make his skin special, but we want to make special skins too. Support :D
jemhuntr

ArmandoR wrote:

and why does the default skin have a non-spinning blue cross and other skins cant have that?
wat. add a blue cross to the center of your cursor.png and make sure CursorRotate is set to 0 in your skin.ini
X-cite
Gave 20 stars, GL :3
MLGnom
First, default skin cursor is made out of 3 elements. Cursor, cursor trail and that blue cross (funny thing when I'm changing skin, I need to restart game if I want that cross to appear).
Second, I remember that it was discussed right after new default skin update (sadly don't remember where :/ ).

Anyway, this could give nice effects and increase cursor visibility.
jemhuntr
wat. so that means there's another element other than cursor.png and cursortrail.png...??? >.<
Lunhui
sadly I have no stars but I'll support this :D
Nessuka
Support, I've thought there was a skin.ini toggle for this for ages only to find it is not existent.
Have 2 stars~
Flade_old
thats pretty cool :D
Kyonko Hizara
Kyonko support
Hiryuu_old
That is indeed pretty cool, supporting~
mangga_old
support ^^
Topic Starter
ztrot
Yeah, I thought there might of been a toggle at one point as well but it never happened :<
Maneuver
Look at the difference of using normal cursor tails and custom tail even when using custom skin~

Custom skin, Custom tail

Custom skin, original tail~

Topic Starter
ztrot
that looks really neat :p
peppy
Due to the fill required by the new default trail, I am not prepared to make it customisable. There is very little you could do apart from change the size (to be smaller) and colour. I may offer colour changing ability if there is enough support for that, I guess.
jemhuntr
you mean, a contrasting cursortrail? awesome
Scarlet Devil_old_1
Supporting 8-)
valar

peppy wrote:

I may offer colour changing ability if there is enough support for that, I guess.
Yes, please.
deadbeat
t/119648 is this added now?
theowest

Damnae wrote:

This is so fun :p

amazing
valar

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/119648 is this added now?
Yes by adding a cursor-middle.png the trail behaves like the default one. ㅅㅅ
theowest

-valar- wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/119648 is this added now?
Yes by adding a cursor-middle.png the trail behaves like the default one. ㅅㅅ
check the date before you reply