forum

What is consider as average for osu! standard?

posted
Total Posts
show more
lolcubes

Salvage wrote:

not having any A
True. I am average.

:3
winber1

lolcubes wrote:

Salvage wrote:

not having any A
True. I am average.

:3
gtfo
Zare
this discussion is pretty much futile, because every player has his/her own standards, they will never agree with each other.
Hiryuu_old
Here are some pinpoints what I consider which is avg for osu! standard :3
* To be able to pass hard difficulty songs with full combo without much of a problem.
* PP area (not sure about the exact number but) #20k-30k or so
* To be able to pass some insane songs
* Accuracy at least 90-95%
{* To not see nightmares about circles, sliders and spinners while sleeping.}
Novalogic
Well if you can easy play 160bpm maps you can say you're average, if you can play 180+ you're above average, and following more than 200 bpm depending on performance is good / pro.

Not to mention godlike class, starring: Cookiezi, Niko, rrtyui etc ;x
threenash
Being able to fc or at least getting A on easy Insane stuff like Siriru's maps imo
Ekaru
It really depends on if you're talking about the overall skill level, including casuals, or the skill level among core players. 'Cuz the latter's waaaaaay higher than the former (whooping Insanes VS playing average Hards).

The OP made it clear that they're asking for "overall" here, though, so if you did the stats I suggested earlier and then compensated for newbs you should land in the lower-to-middle Hard range (How well they do on these, though, is up for debate).
Posse
If we eliminate all those who played for a bit and quit, and those that are starting to play, I'd say average is to be able to fc any hard without issues, and clear all the "easy" insanes and at least be able to play (i.e. not losing 5 seconds into the map) some of the harder insanes (like some of val0108 maps i guess).

Now, if you mean average only taking into account the hardcore players, that's another matter.
Iku Acme
The average player imo is able to FC hards with accuracies above 95% and regularly play normals.
Because the lobby is full of freaking normal/hards.
Kanye West

Iku Acme wrote:

The average player imo is able to FC hards with accuracies above 95% and regularly play normals.
Except most of the players in those lobbies can't even FC the normals
Almost

Posse wrote:

If we eliminate all those who played for a bit and quit, and those that are starting to play, I'd say average is to be able to fc any hard without issues, and clear all the "easy" insanes and at least be able to play (i.e. not losing 5 seconds into the map) some of the harder insanes (like some of val0108 maps i guess).

Now, if you mean average only taking into account the hardcore players, that's another matter.
I'm pretty sure someone who can kinda play a val song should be able to fc easy insane. I can't play val songs at all yet I can fc easy insanes without much trouble.
she_old

Kanye West wrote:

Iku Acme wrote:

Except most of the players in those lobbies can't even FC the normals
They obviously don't wanna go fast and are below average.
Ephemeral
i've always considered the level that i play at as pretty representative of the average user
buny
Everyone plays cereal in multi guise
7H0R
Trying to figure out my skill level based on what's going on here...
There are a couple AR9, OD7-8 songs that I can FC without too much problem, but others that I can barely survive on. I feel like using those as a benchmark doesn't work very well.

Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/41686 Scarlet Rose
This song is OD7, AR9. I can't even last 10 seconds in it.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24875 Decisive Battle
This song is OD8, AR9 and I could FC it with enough tries. I have FCed any given part of this song.

Keep in mind, I play with a mouse.
Kanye West
Scarlet Rose is definitely a top-100 type map; it's a bad benchmark.
7H0R
Well, what are some good benchmark songs then?
Aqo
silmarilen

7H0R wrote:

There are a couple AR9, OD7-8 songs that I can FC without too much problem, but others that I can barely survive on. I feel like using those as a benchmark doesn't work very well.

Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/41686 Scarlet Rose
This song is OD7, AR9. I can't even last 10 seconds in it.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24875 Decisive Battle
This song is OD8, AR9 and I could FC it with enough tries. I have FCed any given part of this song.

Keep in mind, I play with a mouse.

OD and AR are mostlyunrelated to skill, its the actual difficulty of the map you have to look at
Frostmourne

Kanna wrote:

Being able to fc or at least getting A on easy Insane stuff like Siriru's maps imo
Kanna , you are totally right \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
xsrsbsns
Aqo

xsrsbsns wrote:

stop posting in wrong thread
???

Keredna wrote:

What is consider as average for osu! standard?

7H0R wrote:

7H0R wrote:

Well, what are some good benchmark songs then?

Aqo wrote:

Those maps are good benchmarks (on their nomod speed) for an average player:
Maps:
maybe you missed the part where I said to refer to those maps on their normal speed as a reference point
silmarilen
no they are not, all of those maps are too hard for an average player
xsrsbsns
derp I read that wrongly.
but DT maps..? okay, me too weak bb (and what silma said)
Aqo

silmarilen wrote:

wait what seriously? you mean those maps

and to be perfectly clear on this

NO MOD

are too hard for an average player?

what the heck
silmarilen
yes.
everything with streams longer than 5 notes is already out of the picture, and then the rest of the maps are still too hard.
you seem to either not know what average means or overestimate the average osu player incredibly
i suggest joining some random MP rooms to see what kind of maps people play.
kriers
Skill is in my opinion not defined by what you can pass. If you are capable of FCing a map with a respectable accuracy, that's when you can call yourself able to play that map.
winber1
A great miracle shall dawn upon our souls once this war fades into the mist
Frostmourne

winber1 wrote:

A great miracle shall dawn upon our souls once this war fades into the mist
wat lol
lolcubes
But yeah I guess calling it FCing hards is actually fine, since most of today's hards are something we used to call insanes back in the days. :p
Wishy

kriers wrote:

Skill is in my opinion not defined by what you can pass. If you are capable of FCing a map with a respectable accuracy, that's when you can call yourself able to play that map.
Agree, but not about the FC thing. If you are able to play a map and get a decent/high accuracy and a few misses then you can clearly able you play that.
CXu
Nah. Ever had the problem of never being able to FC a map like, after 39484 tries because of silly misses?
kriers
capability over actually doing it. I'm talking about being able to FC something in theory over having to prove it every single time.
Rate at which you can FC a map is also a skill to be considered, though.
Zare

kriers wrote:

capability over actually doing it. I'm talking about being able to FC something in theory over having to prove it every single time.
Which is why Cookiezi is still better than rrtyui on Big Black.
Ekaru

Aqo wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

wait what seriously? you mean those maps

and to be perfectly clear on this

NO MOD

are too hard for an average player?

what the heck
A lot of those Insanes aren't even DT maps. If you meant the Hards in those cases, which *are* DT maps, then okay, but the links you gave go to the Insanes.
Aqo

Ekaru wrote:

A lot of those Insanes aren't even DT maps.
What. They're all nice DT maps.
Zare
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/37313

The map has ONE DT Score. Which is by Niko.

A DT Map is a map that has a considerable amount of DT scores that are not by the second or third best player ever.
Aqo

Zarerion wrote:

A DT Map is a map that has a considerable amount of DT scores that are not by the second or third best player ever.
No, a DT map is a map that's possible to FC DT. Whether you can or can't do it doesn't invalidate the fact that it's possible. If you disagree with this then Atama isn't even a map at all (because nobody FC'd it yet).
lolcubes
Poinsettia is a cool DT map in that case. I am sure that every average player should be able to FC it no problem.

edit: more explanation below
Aqo

Aqo wrote:

it's possible

lolcubes wrote:

every average player should be able to
^
two different things

that said Poinsettia qualifies for a DT map :b it's not even that hard, only 180bpm.
show more