forum

What is consider as average for osu! standard?

posted
Total Posts
show more
pielak213
­
she_old

pielak213- wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

I am the definition of average.
okay guys, being able to pass big black and doing this means you're average
halfway there on my road to being average, now only for the big black ;__;
Kanye West
I can SS Big Black with quarter time

am i above average yet?
Full Tablet
Are you forgetting how many people play this game? If you are in the top 200.000 of the player rankings, you are above average already. Being able to FC a hard map puts you above average already, no matter what accuracy you have.

Not that being above average means much anyways. You generally aren't a relevant player unless you are in the top 98.168436% (roughly #2000 pp ranking or less)
ryza
I'm not relevant and I'm in the top really high
Aqo

pielak213- wrote:

sounds about right
MillhioreF
today I learned most people are ranked so low that we completely ignore them for calculating the average skill level
Kanye West

Full Tablet wrote:

Are you forgetting how many people play this game? If you are in the top 200.000 of the player rankings, you are above average already. Being able to FC a hard map puts you above average already, no matter what accuracy you have.

Not that being above average means much anyways. You generally aren't a relevant player unless you are in the top 98.168436% (roughly #2000 pp ranking or less)
Except now you're including the people that join, play the game for like 2 days and then quit, making your sample biased.
JappyBabes

Silynn wrote:

my skill level is shockingly below average for my rank
That wouldn't happen if you stuck to insanes getting shitty pp rewards instead of farming hards all day. You'd even have a chance at being in the underrated thread!
Bweh

Full Tablet wrote:

That is statistically correct, but not in practice. You've got thousands of players that only show up for a couple of days or weeks filling up the bottom ranks, as well as alts and whatnot. If you want average, you'd want to look at the active portion of the community, including the users that at least stuck around for a good while.

OT: I am the epitome of average.
-Soba-

Brian OA wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

That is statistically correct, but not in practice. You've got thousands of players that only show up for a couple of days or weeks filling up the bottom ranks, as well as alts and whatnot. If you want average, you'd want to look at the active portion of the community, including the users that at least stuck around for a good while.

OT: I am the epitome of average.
That feel, know, I do.
ryza

JappyBabes wrote:

That wouldn't happen if you stuck to insanes getting shitty pp rewards instead of farming hards all day. You'd even have a chance at being in the underrated thread!
I don't know how to play insanes :(
Kanye West

Silynn wrote:

JappyBabes wrote:

I don't know how to play insanes :(
qft, hards all day no regrets #YOLO
-Soba-

pielak213- wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

I am the definition of average.
I'm starting to wonder where you got this image lol
I don't think it's anywhere on my profile or anything xD
winber1
pielak is actually your best friend in real life
Salvage
not having any A
-Soba-

Salvage wrote:

not having any A
so all Bs?
Emaal

Keredna wrote:

This is a pretty opinionated topic, but I'd like to know what is considered as average for osu! standard players now a days.

The people listed on the Top 10 most underrated players forum are clearly out of the window. I would even say the top 2000 players on global pp rank are top players.

Not to brag or anything, but I personally consider myself as an above average player (not qualified to be called a pro yet). But who knows, I might actually be just an average player who played too many maps. =P

PP probably isn't a consistent enough way to tell what a person's skill level is. I'm currently ranked in the top 3000s, but I've lost to players in the 5000s and 9000s before in multiplayer matches.

So yea, I'd like to hear from the public what you feel is considered average these days.
so you are telling me that my thread is bad

die please.
Madoka-_old
This probably isn't the right place to ask but what does OD and AR stand for?
Being somewhat new and below average is suffering..
laport
xsrsbsns
Being able to full combo Hards
lolcubes

Salvage wrote:

not having any A
True. I am average.

:3
winber1

lolcubes wrote:

Salvage wrote:

not having any A
True. I am average.

:3
gtfo
Zare
this discussion is pretty much futile, because every player has his/her own standards, they will never agree with each other.
Hiryuu_old
Here are some pinpoints what I consider which is avg for osu! standard :3
* To be able to pass hard difficulty songs with full combo without much of a problem.
* PP area (not sure about the exact number but) #20k-30k or so
* To be able to pass some insane songs
* Accuracy at least 90-95%
{* To not see nightmares about circles, sliders and spinners while sleeping.}
Novalogic
Well if you can easy play 160bpm maps you can say you're average, if you can play 180+ you're above average, and following more than 200 bpm depending on performance is good / pro.

Not to mention godlike class, starring: Cookiezi, Niko, rrtyui etc ;x
threenash
Being able to fc or at least getting A on easy Insane stuff like Siriru's maps imo
Ekaru
It really depends on if you're talking about the overall skill level, including casuals, or the skill level among core players. 'Cuz the latter's waaaaaay higher than the former (whooping Insanes VS playing average Hards).

The OP made it clear that they're asking for "overall" here, though, so if you did the stats I suggested earlier and then compensated for newbs you should land in the lower-to-middle Hard range (How well they do on these, though, is up for debate).
Posse
If we eliminate all those who played for a bit and quit, and those that are starting to play, I'd say average is to be able to fc any hard without issues, and clear all the "easy" insanes and at least be able to play (i.e. not losing 5 seconds into the map) some of the harder insanes (like some of val0108 maps i guess).

Now, if you mean average only taking into account the hardcore players, that's another matter.
Iku Acme
The average player imo is able to FC hards with accuracies above 95% and regularly play normals.
Because the lobby is full of freaking normal/hards.
Kanye West

Iku Acme wrote:

The average player imo is able to FC hards with accuracies above 95% and regularly play normals.
Except most of the players in those lobbies can't even FC the normals
Almost

Posse wrote:

If we eliminate all those who played for a bit and quit, and those that are starting to play, I'd say average is to be able to fc any hard without issues, and clear all the "easy" insanes and at least be able to play (i.e. not losing 5 seconds into the map) some of the harder insanes (like some of val0108 maps i guess).

Now, if you mean average only taking into account the hardcore players, that's another matter.
I'm pretty sure someone who can kinda play a val song should be able to fc easy insane. I can't play val songs at all yet I can fc easy insanes without much trouble.
she_old

Kanye West wrote:

Iku Acme wrote:

Except most of the players in those lobbies can't even FC the normals
They obviously don't wanna go fast and are below average.
Ephemeral
i've always considered the level that i play at as pretty representative of the average user
buny
Everyone plays cereal in multi guise
7H0R
Trying to figure out my skill level based on what's going on here...
There are a couple AR9, OD7-8 songs that I can FC without too much problem, but others that I can barely survive on. I feel like using those as a benchmark doesn't work very well.

Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/41686 Scarlet Rose
This song is OD7, AR9. I can't even last 10 seconds in it.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24875 Decisive Battle
This song is OD8, AR9 and I could FC it with enough tries. I have FCed any given part of this song.

Keep in mind, I play with a mouse.
Kanye West
Scarlet Rose is definitely a top-100 type map; it's a bad benchmark.
7H0R
Well, what are some good benchmark songs then?
Aqo
silmarilen

7H0R wrote:

Trying to figure out my skill level based on what's going on here...
There are a couple AR9, OD7-8 songs that I can FC without too much problem, but others that I can barely survive on. I feel like using those as a benchmark doesn't work very well.

Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/41686 Scarlet Rose
This song is OD7, AR9. I can't even last 10 seconds in it.

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24875 Decisive Battle
This song is OD8, AR9 and I could FC it with enough tries. I have FCed any given part of this song.

Keep in mind, I play with a mouse.

OD and AR are mostlyunrelated to skill, its the actual difficulty of the map you have to look at
show more