forum

Allowing/disallowing revival in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +15
Topic Starter
she_old
Sometimes the revival system in multiplayer is kinda like cheating, because some maps have 1 or 2 hard parts and the rest is just child's play and thus easy health packs.
It kinda takes away the satisfaction for being able to survive the hard parts and then seeing others pass anyway due to revival.

A toggle for allowing/disallowing revival in the room options would be nice in this case.
jabberwockey
Makes sense
I support this but,remember
peppy hates toggles
jemhuntr
support. host must have the control over this. could be a mod. what do you think?
Topic Starter
she_old
Not sure about it being a mod, I personally think it'll be better off as an option under/next to game mode.
Aqo
Having this as an option for the host, similar to the dropbox for choosing between score or accuracy win, would be great. This is really the kind of thing where it depends on the map and you might prefer either one or the other. I really like the revive system but it does take away from a few certain maps.
Kuro
I'm assuming that using this revival system would make your score unrankable or at least reduce your multiplier?
Aqo

Kuro wrote:

I'm assuming that using this revival system would make your score unrankable or at least reduce your multiplier?
The revival system is already in the game lol. for quite a while now
if you died on a map obviously your score won't submit
Topic Starter
she_old

Aqo wrote:

Else it'd be abused for Utage wa eien ni [TAG4]
Or for 4D
Aqo
more like for Don't Say Lazy [Tag4] :p

or like for any map with a really inconsistent difficulty spread :p that was or was not intended to be played solo to begin with

how would you abuse this for 4D rii? lol? the ending is a 31note stream followed with no break (just a 1/2) by a 65note stream... haha
Kuro

Aqo wrote:

Kuro wrote:

The revival system is already in the game lol. for quite a while now
lol, I know, I know :lol:

I'm just not too familiar with it, I only play taiko and there's no need for revival with the easy mod :P
Topic Starter
she_old

Aqo wrote:

more like for Don't Say Lazy [Tag4] :p

or like for any map with a really inconsistent difficulty spread :p that was or was not intended to be played solo to begin with

how would you abuse this for 4D rii? lol? the ending is a 31note stream followed with no break (just a 1/2) by a 65note stream... haha
I'd still get double the score, and if you were to assume I'm a noob, I'd just double tap the end for the score.

Also I could've abused it for high drain HR
MillhioreF
wait what, why is this back on top? Are you being naughty and reposting your post to bump the thread back to the top? xD
cirno-_old
Does it really matter who wins in multi?
Topic Starter
she_old

MillhioreF wrote:

wait what, why is this back on top? Are you being naughty and reposting your post to bump the thread back to the top? xD
w-w-whaa.. no! I'm a good girl ;_;

cirno- wrote:

Does it really matter who wins in multi?
Sometimes it's more fun to measure survival skill like on hard maps with pro friends.
Sometimes you want to challenge your less skilled friends by failing at the start and inspiring them to survive the whole song so they don't get below you, if I try that now I'd have to fail at the end and sometimes I forget that and end up as #1 anyway :l

It doesn't matter to me who wins but it's helpful for less skilled players to be able to win in a way rather than knowing that I could just fc the end to rape everyone's score.
[Strike]
I was actually thinking about this while playing multiplayer so I support this fully.
Kluddio

Shoily wrote:

remember, peppy hates toggles
Haha This is so true ;)

It's not a bad idea and it would make more sense if you was able to pick yes or no to revival.
Same goes with that if all players fail the map should go back to the menu like it does in team vs team
Topic Starter
she_old
oh I thought peppy hated disabling a feature entirely and was ok with toggles. >.<
oWingz
Why not make it a [One Life] in ether Mods or Game Type,

Mods - Just similar to Sudden Death/Perfect Mod, But only available in Multiplayer?
Game Type - Allowing us how many times we can revive. After that limit, you can't revive anymore.
theowest
Let's call it survival.
Seph
just wanted to bump this for the sake of CWC

Anyways there should be some sort of indication of a recovery if ever a player fails, cause it will cause some shit on multiplayer matches, rather tournaments like CWC, since failed score still counts on the overall team score.
Topic Starter
she_old

oWingz wrote:

Why not make it a [One Life] in ether Mods or Game Type,

Mods - Just similar to Sudden Death/Perfect Mod, But only available in Multiplayer?
Game Type - Allowing us how many times we can revive. After that limit, you can't revive anymore.
This idea is surpreme
Natsu
:o sound good :3
peppy
I have no intentions of changing this behaviour for now, sorry. I don't actually feel failing has a place in multiplayer at all, and this was my solution to making it less of a huge deal. Maybe it could be disabled for sudden death, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go.
theowest

peppy wrote:

Maybe it could be disabled for sudden death, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go.
That makes sense, I'm cool with that.