forum

ignore skin color of the beat without winning the map [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
hyisz
I have a skin with black background, and when I start playing a map with beats with dark colors, I can not see ...

theowest
You can always use ignore skin, available in the fun spoiler.

Pick your own combo colours in the skin.ini
[Colours]
Combo1 : 43,255,255
Combo2 : 17,255,136

or just not delete the BG in the first place.
Topic Starter
hyisz
I know, but first need to finish the map...
blissfulyoshi
I am pretty sure the beatmap does not have a black bg (unless it is old), so I am assuming you removed all the files from the folder. Most modern maps are fully readable with their original skin and files, so just beat it once with everything normally on. If you can't beat it under those conditions, you probably aren't good enough to do the map.

For now, just add back the original bg or change your skin to have a solid color bg of a brighter color.
Topic Starter
hyisz
the map has no black BG, but is more comfortable for me to play ...
she_old
You shouldn't be deleting backgrounds to begin with :p
Keredna
I'm assuming that's cookiezi's skin you're using based on the picture.

To solve your problem, there are a few ways you can get around without your request:
1. Pass the map once with no fail mode, then use fun spoiler to change the note colors (you have to change the skin's note color in skin.ini first if you have any preferences, or it would apply whatever the skin is currently using).
2. Most likely you removed the map's BG in the past (or the map is just really old and doesn't have a BG). In this case, you can just switch playfield.png in your skin folder to something that's not plain black. The dark note color won't be so hard to see this way, but the map's base color might still cause some problem.

theowest wrote:

or just not delete the BG in the first place.
You can get banned for doing that now if you are caught, so don't do it! >_<

Basically no support from me, and hope my suggestions helped you.
deadbeat
denying sorry. just don't remove the map backgrounds. give it enough time and you won't be able to anyway.