forum

[web] Country ranking in the profile [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,676
show more

VelperK wrote:

That star definetely brought peppy's inmediate attention to the implementation of this feature request.
Akhlis_old

theowest wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

If this isn't peppy's highest priority addition at the moment, I really don't know what is. Has any of the devs commented on this thread yet? I am curious to know when a timeframe for implementation will be.
3 years ago t/18245/
From my opinion. As everything is already pre-made inside the actual system,flag, country rank, etc.
Step 1: Get Player ID
Step 2: Get Country Rank Where Player ID = Player ID
Step 3: Output
?

I know where are better was to he it, but this should not "require a huge amount of processing to get working."
I'm sure that this can actually be made in 30-60 seconds.
And when we are talking about processing power, that new feature that had been added "Country Rank" which even peppy says thats is "resource expensive", is being added into the game, but a simple web rank can't be added....naisu~

BRBP wrote:

How much processing power can it take and what exactly takes so much?

Your country information is already available and there are country-specific rankings as well. Is there something that makes it different from global ranking database, other than the amount of them if every country has it's own?

I don't expect a dev to give every detail about this, but it would be nice to know if there still is an issue with implementing this, or if it's just seen unnecessary. According to Theo's post, the previous reply is from three years ago, things could change in that time.

If there really is an issue like the cost of additional processing power that stops this from being added, this should be [invalid] like any other request that's not worth adding. Having 1,4k stars isn't a good reason to not lock something and make people spend even more on it.
In my opinion, again, I think this is a simple cheap trick to make us spend our Stars and get nothing.
Just as you said, why not locking the thread...
And let make some math:
For each month of premium you buy you get 2 stars.
The thread have 1400 stars.
1400/2/12= 58.33 Years of Premium invested in this simple feature.
Francis
Still supporting even though I have no star ^^
boat

Akhlis wrote:

butthurt
Stars are pretty close to being completely free and useless either way. You could almost say that they're more useful here for the pretty display than anywhere else.

Akhlis_old

boat wrote:

Akhlis wrote:

butthurt
Stars are pretty close to being completely free and useless either way. You could almost say that they're more useful here for the pretty display than anywhere else.

I'll have to agree with you on this one.
[sid]
no stars but still supporting ^^
Kotaro
starred...
thehipman
great idea :D
Roberta10
Star.
Lunaties
yes pls..

"throw a star"
VentaroXLolicon
Good Ide, i want it ^-^
Abel
+1500 stars ...
Raging Bull
We have that osu calc thing. People can use that as a workaround for now until (if peppy) implements this.
VelperK
Tony
wow cool. but useless imo.
Angelic Force
+1 Support!
Abel

Angelic Force wrote:

+1 Support!

VelperK wrote:

really , you support this for nothing , stop throwing stars at it , throw stars at another pointless request , this already have alot , and when I say "ALOT'' I mean like 1512stars right now
Natsu
Another star just for make it cute :3
Abel

Raging Bull wrote:

We have that osu calc thing. People can use that as a workaround for now until (if peppy) implements this.
He means this : http://osutp.net/players , people , stop wasting stars here and use that in your userpages , if you are supporters clearly :3 or on the signature , how im using it :3
J o J o

Abel wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

He means this : http://osutp.net/players , people , stop wasting stars here and use that in your userpages , if you are supporters clearly :3 or on the signature , how im using it :3
yeah and what about CtB, Mania and taiko players ?
Nostalgia

[ J o j o ] wrote:

/me claps
People, keep in mind that there's players for other game modes too. I mean it would be fantastic if osutp provided the other modes too, since they shouldn't be forgotten when it comes to ranks.
Abel

Nostalgia wrote:

[ J o j o ] wrote:

/me claps
People, keep in mind that there's players for other game modes too. I mean it would be fantastic if osutp provided the other modes too, since they shouldn't be forgotten when it comes to ranks.
dont tell me that D: i didnt made that page , also , if im not wrong , osu its a mouse clicking game , not a catch the beat or taiko or mania , so yeah , standard its the main , maybe in the future they will do gamemods images too , but until then , just be happy with that ... if you aren't then why dont you try to do a better one ò.ó
boat
osutp is a third party feature and isn't a valid substitute

The ideas behind all game modes are based of already existent games, standard as well. None of the gamemodes are the "main" one, at least I believe that's the idea behind getting rid of the term "special modes". Every gamemode is fairly popular and the slightly less popular ones shouldn't be discriminated in a feature like this. It is as simple as taking the country rank value and slapping it on everyones profiles.
thanhbinhlab
why not?
victorlvg678
nice idea.
YISTER
i think this is a good idea!
Lunix
Support +1
Shohei Ohtani

boat wrote:

The ideas behind all game modes are based of already existent games
What game is catch the beat based off of because it sounds like the most guts thing ever omg.
Dixchat
I have only one vote. And that idea deserve my vote.
Reddy360
Really nice idea!

+5
[Luxord]
I don't feel comfortable with my Country ranking. My country isn't even active haha :P
skrccm
This has been added.
ieb
Nice
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
+1676
Aurele
Nice addition

#69 CtB huehue.
VelperK
HOLY FARKING JESUS CHRIST ITS ADDED
I CANT BELIEVE ITS ADDED