forum

Updating? Map information on map selection screen.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Wishy

So here you get:

That little heart/flame, showing the map is either ranked or approved. This is ok.

Source (Artist) - Song name [Diff]
Mapped by X.

Would this be better shown as:

Artist - Song name [Diff] (Source)?
Mapped by X.

Length, BPM, Objects.
Circles, sliders, spinners.

Length and BPM are ok. Objects data (including circles, slider and spinners) should be given a little less importance, I usually just look at object number to know if the map is streamy, I don't give much importance to the rest but I'm not sure about most players. Then again there is some way more relevant information to add here:

All that is really important information, way more important that how many sliders the map has. I find it hard to believe that this is not yet on the game itself. Then again AR is missing there, it should be added to the beatmap site information (guessing that's not there since afaik back then accuracy = AR). Then again it should be added to the game too. AR/CS/HP/OD are all important and should be shown In-Game w/o us having to go to the website or edit.

This is useless since the whole voting system is broken anyways. This could either be removed or replaced with a like/don't like system.

That's it.
jemhuntr
supporting everything here. EVERYTHING. Except for removing the number of spinners since I sometimes look at that. We need those circle size, hp drain, ar, and accuracy on the song select.
Sakura

Wishy wrote:

Source (Artist) - Song name [Diff]
Mapped by X.

Would this be better shown as:

Artist - Song name [Diff] (Source)?
Mapped by X.
Actually this is fine the way it is right now, Source is used as the place the song came from, like when you see for example Super Mario World - Bowser's Castle Rather than the actual artist, people remember it more easily that way.

I do agree about the difficulty settings tho.
Topic Starter
Wishy
Guess it depends on the case.
Akatsuki
You can have my star!
jemhuntr
there was actually a discussion somewhere in here about putting the source after the title. I actually thought that source should go last, but somehow I managed to get over with it and accept how it currently was. It wasn't a big deal, so whatever. Although it would be better if sources were more universal. If you download djmax songs, you'll see various sources which I think should be the same.
theowest
There are already requests about the voting system, displaying the AR, and other related information.

t/61247?hilit=dislike
t/97345?hilit=+display

here's some other related requests
t/86421?hilit=+display
t/98169?hilit=+display
Soaprman
With the current information, I use the "objects" number as a way to gauge which difficulty to play when I can't tell what's Hard/Insane/Extra because of the nonsensical difficulty names. I don't think that the circle size, etc. stats would be any more helpful. They're certainly more useful than circles/sliders/spinners though! (Spinners would be neat if you could sort by it, though. But you can't so it's pointless.)
TheVileOne
Please stop requesting they remove information from the game. The more information displayed the better.

And no, the object count is not a suitable way to gauge map type. It may work for you and for certain cases, but for every song for many BPMs, object count can be deceptive.
theowest
improve, not remove.

I do not see anything wrong with the current map information tho. a few more things would be nice to have.
Soaprman
Just make sure there's enough screen space to keep everything readable. Sometimes information's usefulness is outweighed by the amount of space it takes up.
jabberwockey
I just want to know the object number,like Soaprman said, to gauge the difficulty of a map/diff.
( What's harder? Another? Extra? Sometimes it's different every map .__. )
I don't think removing anything is necessary though.

The only thing I would actually like to know and that I think should be added is the total combo that can be achieved in the map.( requested here: t/86421 )
It would be very helpful imo.
Topic Starter
Wishy
Thing is you get tons of useless data while you don't really get the important stuff (OD/AR/CS/HP). I usually just look at the object count to see what's the "harder diff" (Another or Extra), rest is really useless but ok leave it there, just add OR/AR/CS/HP somewhere.
Luneko
Having OD/AR/CS/HP in the map information would be a very nice thing to see.
I'll support that so take my star!
PROGUY
This actually annoyed me for a long time, especially the source and artist.
More convenience for more information is good, so I support.