forum

The sleep thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Restless Spirit

Dulcet wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Just yer brain playin' nasty tricks on you. Easy fellas.
You're boring.
I love you too. And don't you be afraid of the Boogeyman.
Foxtrot
I greet the boogeyman every night with my waving hand, and he greets me back with static noises.
Restless Spirit
You sure it wasn't Slenderman?
Kluddio

Kanye West wrote:

I think this is somewhat true for me, except i tend to dream the most vividly when I'm REALLY tired (haven't slept for 2-3 days straight) and then sleep for a really long time.
It's really nice sleeping for a long time, Happends like you said after you stayed up some days. ^^
happend to me today sleept from 07:00 to 19:** but no lucid dreaming tho
Foxtrot

Powersocke wrote:

Static noise is one of the symptoms of sleep paralysis.
Restless Spirit

Dulcet wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Static noise is one of the symptoms of sleep paralysis.
Then your statement of greeting the Boogeyman doesn't make any sense.
Foxtrot
That's the point.
Restless Spirit
Uuuuh. That's deep, man. Gotta think about it when I go to sleep today.
Topic Starter
kriers
For anyone that experience a wild imagination and terrifying thoughts whenever you are close to sleeping, just shout out loud inside your head "COME AT ME" while focusing some anger and I bet you it won't.

I have always had a vivid imagination and even when typing this I see obnoxious things in the corners of my view because I let myself become overly aware or paranoid when I think too hard about it. When it becomes a real bother I just stare at where I thought I saw something and follow that simple procedure and I quickly feel better.

My dad taught me this when I was 8 years old and he was tired of all the fuss I made back then :P Never had a problem with it since.

Anger also works during nightmares for anyone who is afraid of a lucid dream suddenly becoming a nightmare.
Macacito

hope this helps you all
ErikKazuya
Buy a Body pillow/Hug Pillow/dakimakura and sleep :D
silmarilen
had 5 hours of sleep, off to work!
Devalix_old
No sleep yet today, 6:40am
Setsunax
i sleep 4-5 hours. sometimes 6 if i'm lucky.
i'm tired all the time. been that way since i was little.
i go to bed at 11 and fall asleep at 2-3. sometimes 1 if i'm lucky.
i never have the energy to do anything.
never been to the doctor about it, but i doubt there's something wrong with me. i guess if i had a disorder like insomnia it would be way more serious.
HomicidalYoukai
Slept 6 hours yesterday... Gonna have 6 hours of sleep today *looks at clock*
quaternary
Got out of school so I can sleep from midnight all the way to 2pm

unfortunately I only pulled that off once :(
Guru
go to sleep now. see you guys like in 7 hours more?
Kanye West
last night I went to bed at 6 PM and woke up this morning at 9 AM. Best. Night. Ever.
Stefan
Gnite gaise g2g cyu l8t0r
Hika
I went to sleep 14 hours and woke up about a few hours ago. I was still tired so I went to take a nap. Slept for another hour. Aw yis.
Anzo
2AM here, gonna sleep later and wake up at 12PM.
-Seren-
3 am now but still anime is keeping me from going to sleep =w=
Bweh
Whenever I set an alarm for the night I wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off

It's kind of convenient since I don't have to wake up to a loud noise but I've always found it odd
Guru

Brian OA wrote:

Whenever I set an alarm for the night I wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off

It's kind of convenient since I don't have to wake up to a loud noise but I've always found it odd
same here lol ^o^
Kyonko Hizara
I sleep when I am sad but the sleep then makes me sad
jaye19

Brian OA wrote:

Kyujuroku 96
Every time I watch this program I end up falling asleep almost every time.
Birdy
I saw a dream taking place in modified Kulosaari (a common theme in my dreams; modified subway stations and station's neighbourhood/suburb/whatever-area). It was the first time I got lost in one of those stations after it got modified, unlike usually, the modification has always been the original station in that dream. So yeah, I got lost, and I was just as shy as usual, couldn't ask anyone the way out, which is a thing unusual in my dreams, as I'm shy in real life, when usually I'm not shy at all in my dreams. I walked around while listening to Paramore, and acting like how I act in real life, which is another thing unusual, as mentioned, acting how I act in real life, listening to music in public, especially an existant band's music, especially my favourite one's. So it felt like it wasn't a dream at all.
After running around for a while, I ran into my crush, and she noticed I was lost and worried, told me to follow and said "don't worry sweetie, just follow me and everything will be fine". I probably had the biggest smile at that moment, but in the dream I was just blushoverloading like I would have done in real life. Though it would have not happened in real life. And I'm still mad that it wasn't real life.
It was only the second time my crush has been in my dream, that I would remember. The first time was around 5 years ago, and the most pathetic thing is that it's still the same goddamn person. Someone please help me out.
Also when I woke up, my arm was in the most terrible position, numb, and looked like it was broken. Because I had taken a second pillow from somewhere and placed it onto my head and wrapped my arm around it in the most weird way ever. Genius.
But yeah, that's probably my favourite dream ever. I'll try to write here whenever I remember my dream. Even though this stuff will be TL;DR most of the time.
Blue Stig
For some reason I'm starting to like 5:00 am.
Work starts at 9.
It is a 5-10 minute commute, <5 with no traffic and red lights.
Restless Spirit
We were driving 24 hours straigth and I didn't sleep for two days or something. That's fucked up I say.
Akimari_old
I stayed up for four nights straight last summer due to insomnia. Not fun.
Nyphree
I sleep because of school, in school, math and physics classes sometimes specially... This song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZqozYfbgSw *_* .... Depression sometimes... Sleep <3
JoyceSn
Yup I sleep with my head down.

(this is a screenshot of a self sleep recording)
thelewa
o-oh my
Jacqli
didn't sleep for 5 days make me feel like drinking 3 barrels of wine.
Anhedonia

thelewa wrote:

o-oh my
O..O my god its Thelewa...My hands are stupid :(
JoyceSn

EternalGlory wrote:

thelewa wrote:

o-oh my
O..O my god its Thelewa...My hands are stupid :(

Eternal drinking too much energy (like for you golden power)
On an empty stomach you get increasingly more shake in your hands ;)

So Eat before using Energy to wake up from your SLEEP.
And don't think too much about your

Energy drink ^^
AmberLynx
sleep? what's that?
Birdy

salted_nuts wrote:

sleep? what's that?
JoyceSn

Static Noise Bird wrote:

salted_nuts wrote:

sleep? what's that?
Oh staticnoise XD alwais a laugh.