forum

Which fingers to use when full alternating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fudou
I started playing osu a month ago and just started playing level 4 star maps. I've been using my index and middle finger but have seen people full alternate with their index and ring finger. I tried doing the same only to feel uncomfortable and my ring finger gets tired most of the time but get better scores. Should I stick with what I've been using (Index + middle finger) or train using my index and ring instead? I'm using a laptop btw
PalPal
I use my index and middle finger, just use what u comfortable with.
Molly Sandera
I use index and middle finger to fully alternate, never tried index and ring, i may try it a bit for 2* maps to see how I'm doing in that. But if you see that you get better scores with index and ring, it may be worth it to train in that direction further. Then compare the finger choices again, comparisons are better when both skills are on the same level. This is how i came to the conclusion that there isn't much accuracy difference between singletapping and alternating, which made me switch over full alt and never singletap again
Topic Starter
Fudou

PalPal wrote:

I use my index and middle finger, just use what u comfortable with.
yeah, it is't fun if my fingers feel uncomfortable all the time. I'll try using both for a while and see if I eventually get comfortable with index and ring. Thanks for the help

Molly Sandera wrote:

I use index and middle finger to fully alternate, never tried index and ring, i may try it a bit for 2* maps to see how I'm doing in that. But if you see that you get better scores with index and ring, it may be worth it to train in that direction further. Then compare the finger choices again, comparisons are better when both skills are on the same level. This is how i came to the conclusion that there isn't much accuracy difference between singletapping and alternating, which made me switch over full alt and never singletap again
Thanks, I'll try to train my index and ring for a bit and see which I prefer.
-Chaeyoung
Pinky and thumb
Sfrmd

Lapse23 wrote:

Pinky and thumb
is it real?
Zedek117
I use my ring and middle finger to play. It really boils down to preference and what feels natural.
-Chaeyoung

Sfrmd wrote:

is it real?
I was joking haha, but you can see many people have weird playstyle so maybe someone actually uses pinky and thumb to alternate
ADelicateOrange
ergonomically probably index and ring finger because they are the closest to the same length in, what I assume, most peoples hand.

However, just do whatever feels most natural.
Igniteous
I play ring index because I alternate better with it and when I used to alternate with ring index my ring would double tap sometimes for some reason.

That said I have some problems streaming and keeping my middle finger up but I think that's just me not the playstyle.

I don't think it matters too much. If you can alternate with middle index and feel comfortable with it, stick with it.