forum

should I be playing 5*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tsyun
I have recently realized that I can play some 5* maps but it doesn't feel like I'm capable. my aim, since the beginning has been pretty good but my tapping was never the best. once I was able to improve tapping I progressed kinda quickly, but I think jumping from 4* to 5* this soon is optimistic. I feel that I need to improve my acc and streaming before I progress, but when I made a play like this scores/osu/3108221802 or passed a 5* with HDHR scores/osu/3098983129 I started to question that.

so, should I progress to 5* or play 4* until I improve some more?
Saen
What? Are you happy that you got good acc on farm maps?
Imo keep playing 4* until you can even get good acc even on long maps
but if you want to keep farming then you can step up to 5*
in the end of the day its your choice
ZennyyTV
My advice for improvement would be to diversify yourself by playing more maps made by different mappers, different artists as it gives you a different perspective of how you view and hear the higher difficulty maps in general. the more diversity the less foreign, the maps becomes. but of course everyone has their own pace when it comes to trying to become better.
-Chaeyoung
Do you want to just pass, or FC? If you want to FC then that may be a bit too optimistic I think. I don't think I have ever FCed any 5* before(never tried so I can't say much). If you want to just pass or get used to 5* then nobody is stopping you, heck you can play 10* maps. You can play in the 4.8-4.9* range. Its not like 4-5* is a solid jump. As other people on the forum said, there are difficulties in between the 4 and 5 star for a reason. Just play through them to slowly progressively get good at 5 star.
LostLunar
If I were you, I would try to perfect most of your 4 star maps by fc'ing all of them with an accuracy of at least 97 percent or above.
That being said, you should slowly start to play some 5 stars too, so your speed and map reading will improve.
It really depends on what you want though, some like to aim for just passing difficult maps whilst others aim to perfect easier maps with high acuuracy and fcs.

Don't forget that the main point of the game is to have fun so don't feel pressured to improve all the time.
You'll see you have improved naturally either way.
Almost
Nothing wrong with playing easier stuff for a longer period of time until you get comfortable. If anything, the more 4* you play, the easier it will be to transition to 5*.
YamichanKawaii
boi get some plays on non-farm maps first before u go on to 5*
u always have to be able to play ALL kinds of maps of one star range with ease before moving on to the next higher star range
Ryuto

YamichanKawaii wrote:

boi get some plays on non-farm maps first before u go on to 5*
u always have to be able to play ALL kinds of maps of one star range with ease before moving on to the next higher star range
This is semi true because tech maps exist, people are better in different map styles than others, some find reform's mapping style easier than monstrata's etc.