forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
- Marco -
Probably there isn't any replay data, just the score
Astar
It's possible to implement selectable background dim?
drtowerdive
The service is really nice. Really appreciated.

Question: Why is it that for a while, the video of the maps uploaded get uploaded along with the game play and then a few weeks after the video just get ignored and not uploaded together (considering the beat maps have videos)
Juu_DELETED
Just out of curiosity, why are the videos uploaded in the standard osu! skin. I realize it would be impossible to upload it in the skin it was played, but would it be possible to automatically upload them in a popular skin such as Black 2014?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

ju the dragon wrote:

Just out of curiosity, why are the videos uploaded in the standard osu! skin. I realize it would be impossible to upload it in the skin it was played, but would it be possible to automatically upload them in a popular skin such as Black 2014?
I've yet to see a skin that doesn't look worse than the standard osu skin (plus it's what people expect from a video), so it's staying the default for now
Tane
I have a problem! After several days of successfully uploading my replays, osu!record has decided that my recent replays are too dodgy to record. (I can't remember the exact message, and I can't scroll up to find it anymore.).

What could be causing this? I don't use a skin, and I haven't changed anything recently. If it helps, I'm notorious for mashing the skip button while the map is loading in.
- Marco -

Read the errors ;) [also sorry for shitty quality :c]
Gravey-
I have the same problem^^

I have the beatmap but what happened my replay was freshly made actually :/

Beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/129891
Finished upload link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wvxX5uRF1s
Howl

[GraveChaos] wrote:

I have the same problem^^

I have the beatmap but what happened my replay was freshly made actually :/

Beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/129891
Finished upload link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wvxX5uRF1s
it means that the beatmap isn't on the osu!record server beatmap repository, not on your copy of osu!.
Juu_DELETED
Are you being serious about not knowing of any skins better then the default....
Kasie
Hi, for some reason idk if it´s my contry or my isp I can't access this page, please help. I can see it using proxfree so isn't down...
kwando1313
Hmm...

Is there a reason that more of my replays are getting the whole " osu!record has detected that osu! is stuck at the main menu screen. Recording has been aborted to save resources. Usually this is caused by a dodgy map/replay - please do not try constantly uploading the same replay, it's not going to work." error?

I know it's saying that it can't find the beatmap, but... It downloaded the beatmap originally, then just, for some reason, thinks that it doesn't have it again.
iKhrono
I finally figured out how to work this :lol: Right when it says "Starting osu! and beginning replay playback..." you had to play the replay :lol: I feel so dumb XD
Btw, this works pretty well its just the video doesn't show.
Elzapatoverde

Tane wrote:

I have a problem! After several days of successfully uploading my replays, osu!record has decided that my recent replays are too dodgy to record. (I can't remember the exact message, and I can't scroll up to find it anymore.).
Same here. It says "don't try again, it wont work" but if you try again it will work eventually for some replays.
Plenishs
Thanks man! :)

EDIT: Wow that video is lookin great ;)

Blank screens really are my favourite :P

jks this isn't a problem with osu!record, I just can't figure out how to make [""youtube""]""http://youtu.be/R-0QjFif6MI""[""/youtube""] work (without the multiple " obviously)
Howl

Plenishs wrote:

jks this isn't a problem with osu!record, I just can't figure out how to make [""youtube""]""http://youtu.be/R-0QjFif6MI""[""/youtube""] work (without the multiple " obviously)
Maybe deleting the youtu.be/ part?
[youtube]R-0QjFif6MI[/youtube]

Aica_old
Hi
Can anybody explain me that, what that does mean? My english isnt so good. should i have to start the replay at my PC? O_o
Or have i to do just chose the replay and click upload and nothing more?

Ash Marley
Doesn't work. I tried everything. Tried playing the song at the right time and still won't >.<
Physalis
Got a quick glance of things, it said that your osu! didnt have my beatmap, whereas you are using an old version of the song. It might just be that you've ran out of supporter and can't DL the map or something? Because I know for certain that my map wasn't called Kanon but instead Canon ;) Anyways, would love this feature back somehow..
Howl
*breathes and try to takes control of hisself. JESUS CRIST HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUP- jesus crist.

Aica wrote:

Hi
Can anybody explain me that, what that does mean? My english isnt so good. should i have to start the replay at my PC? O_o
Or have i to do just chose the replay and click upload and nothing more?

PLEASE READ THE POSTS ABOVE YOUR.

thank you.

Darkimmortal wrote:

Jiizo wrote:

I have used this service before and has recorded many videos for me, but this is the first time I've gotten this error :(

I've tried re-logging and have attempted to re-upload but I keep getting the same error.

I guess that beatmap has a black screen for the first 15+ seconds? You won't be able to record it then unfortunately as it fools the fail checks
Also this post below is pure coincidence:

Dre4mer95 wrote:

I finally figured out how to work this :lol: Right when it says "Starting osu! and beginning replay playback..." you had to play the replay :lol: I feel so dumb XD
Btw, this works pretty well its just the video doesn't show.

RECORDING OF osu!record VIDEOS ISN'T DONE ON YOUR PC, BUT ON osu!record'S SERVER. Get this thing in your mind. Your PC isn't in any way related to osu!record itself, except for the POST request it does to send the osr file. And if you're wondering about what a POST request is, it's similiar to like when replying to a forum topic. You send data that isn't visibile on the URL, but that is sent from your browser to the server.

^read this Physalis, Ash_Marley

The coincidence is causing by the server being fast doing stuff or slow. Read this:

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Tane wrote:

Same here. It says "don't try again, it wont work" but if you try again it will work eventually for some replays.

Also, I'm going to do a fast tl;dr Q&A thingie:
Q: osu!record says that I don't have the beatmap, but I have it!
A: osu!record says that because it doesn't have it in the beatmap repository of the server itself.

Q: osu!record it's stuck at the result screen!
A: Please, when the video is finished, check the message that appears at the right-bottom. That will explain everything.

Q: What does it mean this replay has no data in it?!?
A: osu! didn't save data about your movements in the beatmap. This might be caused by a score done in a multiplayer room, or some unknown reason.

Q: osu!record says that the recording has been aborted to save resources and not try again, what do I do now?
A: Try again. in 80% of possibilities, that won't work either, but sometimes it does. If it doesn't still work, then just get Dxtory/fraps/OBS/whatever, record your osu! replay in your osu! and make your video on your own.

Q: But my PC is a potato!
A: Yeah, in that case, you can't do much. If you did a super-awesome-mega-ultra-replay, you can also ask a friend to record it! (I'm not sure if your friend will have a good PC to record an osu!replay and whatever but still ask somebody. Please don't ask on this topic.)

Q: I got osu!record to work and now I want to share the result with the world! How can I do that?
A: On the youtube video, the URL is something like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RANDOMCODEHERE. Copy that random code, on the reply thing click youtube on the thingie right over the textbox, and then inside the youtube tags put your randomcode. Should be something like this:
[youtube]l_q2K4rUrtg[/youtube]
That will output this:

Q: The default skin sucks! I want another skin in my video! And also, I don't want that silly storyboard in the background! I don't want an high background dim! I want the replay to be recorded like it would on my osu!
A: Sorry, we can't help you. Get to record the video by yourself. If you can't, see the question "But my pc is a potato!".
Hope the amount of stupid questions will get lower.
Kasie
the dodgy replay means to replays using dt or hr, at least for me, seems like dt isn't detected by the bot, so he thinks like it's normal speed so it fails, but i dont really know how it actually works, i tried with some no mods and no problem, but my dt replays did't work, none of them.
Tony
bug: you need to treat the scenario when a score has no replay data :D
look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxpwiqYaa0Y

awesome concept! :)
quaternary
It doesn't seem to use the correct skin version (misaligned numbers on results screens, little 30s and 10s on sliders)
joelsilkens666
If i upload this 2 youtube it wont show my skin? can somebody help me
Howl

joelsilkens666 wrote:

If i upload this 2 youtube it wont show my skin? can somebody help me
If you're lucky enough to upload the .osk before someone else starts a replay, you can. And if osu!record successufully sets the skin, then you can have the skin in your video.
Plenishs

Howl wrote:

Plenishs wrote:

Maybe deleting the youtu.be/ part?
[youtube]R-0QjFif6MI[/youtube]

Cheers! :)
_andreamtr
Il suo servizio non sta più funzionando correttamente, rimane nella schermata del punteggio.
cytusmusic
Currently, at random, you'll get an error and no recording,

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjOAqcQHBO0
Howl

_andreamtr wrote:

Il suo servizio non sta più funzionando correttamente, rimane nella schermata del punteggio.
1 - che cristo di italiano è
2 - parla inglese per favore

comunque probabilmente è perché non ci sono dati dentro al file del replay.

oh, for people who want to know what he said

_andreamtr wrote:

Your service isn't working anymore, it just freezes in the score screen.
1 - what the heck of italian is that (it was horribly written)
2 - please speak english

anyway, probably it happens because there isn't any data inside the replay file.

cytusmusic wrote:

Currently, at random, you'll get an error and no recording,

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjOAqcQHBO0
Is the beatmap AOI EIR - innocence? Probably there was an error calling the osu!api, but I'm not sure.
cytusmusic
Yes, but it happens with other maps too.
Elzapatoverde

cytusmusic wrote:

Yes, but it happens with other maps too.
With pretty much every map for me.
quaternary
Is it broken?

Log
Checking Youtube login...
testing channel... ok. testing upload... ok. deleting test video... ok.

Reading replay file...
Got map hash '5173c2f7f5d109cdf2022ea7eaee8bee' and player username 'tuddster'

Querying osu! api for map info... string(25) "2|false|264090|99244|3965"
ID 99244... Difficulty 264090... Got 99244 LeaF - I

Extracting replay length... Got 158000ms

Checking if updated beatmap is available...

Installing beatmap into osu!...

Waiting for any osu updates to install... 001.0

Making sure osu realises the beatmap is there...
Error: osu! failed to start after waiting 10 seconds. Over 9000 possible reasons for this, best bet is to
just try again.

I've tried 5 times already
Howl
probably related to the new testing system. it won't work.
Jibzi
It doesn't work as well, it fails to start osu!

Making sure osu realises the beatmap is there...
Error: osu! failed to start after waiting 10 seconds. Over 9000 possible reasons for this, best bet is to
just try again.
Juu_DELETED
I'm getting the same "Osu failed to start" message repeatedly as well.
Worst
Same issue as everyone else, I'm getting the "osu failed to start" error.
Lhijn
someone has an idea what the issue could be?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Fixed now I think
Lhijn

Darkimmortal wrote:

Fixed now I think

works for me, i'm happy now :)
Pichu0102
show more