posted
Total Posts
show more
arviejhay
why can't upload replay when playing pending songs
Howl

arviejhay wrote:

why can't upload replay when playing pending songs
Because he has all osz in a folder of the website. Imagine what total filesize would be have ALL maps in that folder. It would be also fucking boring to put them in that folder.
-Crank-
When i upload a skin with the Replay, the skin wont be used :/
-Kanzaki
pls do something about that background dim maybe %50 or something like that cant see the circles n stuff
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

-Crank- wrote:

When i upload a skin with the Replay, the skin wont be used :/
Skin support is very dodgy, not going to improve any time soon

-Kanzaki wrote:

pls do something about that background dim maybe %50 or something like that cant see the circles n stuff
upped the dim slightly, have to keep everyone happy mind
MidnightDrifter
Soooo...this recorder is my only hope in recording my replays since my laptop is really slow and barely runs Osu perfectly. But I have a problem. Everytime I upload a video the copyright infringement law kicks in and the video becomes unavailable. Is there something I can do so that for example, the video would include in the description that I do not own any of the materials used in the video, so that the copyright issue won't kick in? Thanks in advance.
Orange Mushroom
I too vote for higher dim, since I play with hidden it gets a bit hard to see, I want people to see it the way I saw it when I played.
Orange Mushroom

MidnightDrifter wrote:

Soooo...this recorder is my only hope in recording my replays since my laptop is really slow and barely runs Osu perfectly. But I have a problem. Everytime I upload a video the copyright infringement law kicks in and the video becomes unavailable. Is there something I can do so that for example, the video would include in the description that I do not own any of the materials used in the video, so that the copyright issue won't kick in? Thanks in advance.
That just happened to me too, and it was such a nice recording too :cry: I hope it can be fixed
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
If you're getting caught automatically from audio pattern matching obviously nothing in the description is going to help you

Getting around it takes things like swapping channels, adjusting pitch/speed, etc and I'm not going to go out of my way to help people evade copyright
MidnightDrifter

Darkimmortal wrote:

If you're getting caught automatically from audio pattern matching obviously nothing in the description is going to help you

Getting around it takes things like swapping channels, adjusting pitch/speed, etc and I'm not going to go out of my way to help people evade copyright
I finally recorded one replay successfully without the copyright thing kicking in. And I gotta say, this system is smooth. Probably the only cons are the incomplete skin support and the copyright infringement thing. But still, it's good.

By the way, if in any way possible, can the videos go to the downloads instead of a Youtube channel?
DarkStoorM
If you want to download your video, add "ss" before youtube.com~~

"ssyoutube.com/watch?v=some_ID"
MidnightDrifter

DarkStoorM wrote:

If you want to download your video, add "ss" before youtube.com~~

"ssyoutube.com/watch?v=some_ID"
What I mean is when the video will go straight to download, without needing to be uploaded to Youtube. Y'know, to avoid that copyright issue.

But thanks, anyway. It's the first I've heard of this, and it's helpful.
reil3321
why always show "Someone's already using the system, wait your turn" there?
In this situation, I have to wait to my turn or I have to click the upload button many times until its work?
I've waited for a long time :cry:
Elzapatoverde
Why is this happening? :c

Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Corrupt or outdated replay
Dilectus
This is so awesome! Too lazy to edit and upload my 3 gig files onto youtube. This is the perfect solution to that! Thanks for making this tool.

Altho I have a question. Will you be able to upload in widescreen in the future?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DavidEd wrote:

This is so awesome! Too lazy to edit and upload my 3 gig files onto youtube. This is the perfect solution to that! Thanks for making this tool.

Altho I have a question. Will you be able to upload in widescreen in the future?
Keeping it 4:3 as that's the traditional osu aspect ratio
adratel

Darkimmortal wrote:

Elzapatoverde wrote:

Corrupt or outdated replay
I had the same Problem with two uploads now, one replay saved a week ago and one a day before uploading, so I doubt the problem lies within them being outdated. What specifically do you mean with "corrupted" and is there anyway to deal with it/prevent it on further replays?

Greetings from adratel
Shirai Kuroko
Just ignore this .. I had to wait
-hx
It seems the latest update of osu! somehow broke your code..
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

hexagonest wrote:

It seems the latest update of osu! somehow broke your code..
Cheers for the heads up, I'll look into this when I get a chance
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Should be fine now, also shaved 15 seconds or so off the recording time

Nvm, not really sure what's wrong with it

Looks like osu!.db isn't saving correctly all of a sudden
-hx

Darkimmortal wrote:

Should be fine now, also shaved 15 seconds or so off the recording time
Little problem. This is happening?
Cytus
Currently broken due to changes in osu,, wtf
GG BenQ MoaB
When osu record will work again?
Howl

GG BenQ MoaB wrote:

When osu record will work again?
When peppy will stop changing osu!db format every 10 minutes and Darkimmortal will have time to fix this.
Piotrekol

TheHowl wrote:

When peppy will stop changing osu!db format every 10 minutes and Darkimmortal will have time to fix this.
db format haven't changed since ~17days or so, so that probably isn't the case.
- Marco -
Currently broken due to changes in osu :c
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Fixed the issue and also tweaked some settings:

- enabled hit lighting
- enabled shader effects (seems osu and/or linux intel gpu drivers suddenly got a lot faster)
- enabled background videos (contrary to what I expected, there's not really any quality drop in the resulting youtube video; it just encodes a bit slower)
- increased dim a bit due to popular demand
Girl
Valtteri
When does the 60 fps videos come to use, because youtube made that change and 30 fps doesn't feel good for osu videos.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

ftFrosty wrote:

When does the 60 fps videos come to use, because youtube made that change and 30 fps doesn't feel good for osu videos.
As far as I'm aware it's still in beta phase and not available for general use

It'll be easy to switch over to it (apart from doubled encoding time), as the game is captured in 60 fps currently
- Decim -
I have a little problem when I'm uploading replay to osu record it only records the ending score for entire map time. So basicly only the begging is recorded and not the gameplay of the beatmap. How can I fix it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEczw1V5qlM
- Marco -

xDarkCryx wrote:

I have a little problem when I'm uploading replay to osu record it only records the ending score for entire map time. So basicly only the begging is recorded and not the gameplay of the beatmap. How can I fix it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEczw1V5qlM
"This score has no replay data available", you have to play it again :v
CXu
Any possibility to abort your own recording? It'd save time for people, if someone suddenly decides they don't want to upload it after all, or screws up their skin (like me).
Meowcenaries

CXu wrote:

Any possibility to abort your own recording? It'd save time for people, if someone suddenly decides they don't want to upload it after all, or screws up their skin (like me).
I have run into this problem too. Sometimes I run into a confliction mid-recording and think of another beatmap to upload.
XinCrin
It is awesome . Good job
Vorgh
I uploaded a replay and I wanted to use my skin so i uploaded it too (in exported .osk), but when it finished it used the beatmap's included skin over mine. I'm not sure if this always happens or something just went buggy.

Btw, awesome job on this :) Thank you.

EDIT: I figured out I had an Extras folder inside my skin folder and it used elements from there.
FloresTheGreat
Uh, My skin doesn't work for the recording, whenever i see it on youtube, it gets changed to the default skin
FloresTheGreat

FloresTheGreat wrote:

Uh, My skin doesn't work for the recording, whenever i see it on youtube, it gets changed to the default skin
show more