forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
McBob49
How does anyone actually get this to work?

I'm getting the "no linked youtube account" error. But shouldn't everyone get that now that youtube is part of google?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

McBob49 wrote:

How does anyone actually get this to work?

I'm getting the "no linked youtube account" error. But shouldn't everyone get that now that youtube is part of google?
Normally all you need to do is attempt to upload a video manually on youtube first, but failing that there's an option somewhere to create a legacy youtube account, I believe it was mentioned a few pages back
- Marco -

Izzypookins wrote:

Sorry for the 3rd post, but I figured out a fix to the issue I had in my previous post:

Instead of using your regular Youtube account, switch over to the linked Google account you're using. Once you've done that, go to your Youtube settings for your linked Google account. After that, click advanced:

After that, you'll be at the page below. Click the thing that I've circled in red, and set it to your Youtube account. This will make it so any uploads will go to your Youtube account by default, and thus, allowing Darkimmortal's app to upload to your site!

Elicchi_old
any updates? site says you're moving it to a better server.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Just finished moving the service to a nice new server with a functional intel gpu (no more software rendering!), allowing for a few improvements:

- Raised osu resolution to 960x720 (keeping 4:3 as a matter of personal preference and better performance)
- Game framerate is now basically solid 60 fps and it's not struggling to reach that so the frame sync is better and the final 30 fps video is visually smoother
- Audio sync is better due to above (intermittent 30 fps is approx +/- 17ms, more than enough for sync to have appeared off before)
- Re-enabled storyboards
- Removed load average limits (as this is the only thing running on the new server)

Here's an example video on the new system of me playing pretty badly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAkGUh4wQtc
Elicchi_old
my replay got uploaded but the video is at the ranking screen only. what's up with that?
Howl

Darkimmortal wrote:

Just finished moving the service to a nice new server with a functional intel gpu (no more software rendering!), allowing for a few improvements:

- Raised osu resolution to 960x720 (keeping 4:3 as a matter of personal preference and better performance)
- Game framerate is now basically solid 60 fps and it's not struggling to reach that so the frame sync is better and the final 30 fps video is visually smoother
- Audio sync is better due to above (intermittent 30 fps is approx +/- 17ms, more than enough for sync to have appeared off before)
- Re-enabled storyboards
- Removed load average limits (as this is the only thing running on the new server)

Here's an example video on the new system of me playing pretty badly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAkGUh4wQtc
Howl
Uhm when it's going to be available again? :E
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
And another update...

- Added upscaling to 1440x1080 resolution (produces better final result even at 720p on youtube)
- Increased audio and video bitrates
- Adjusted various things to fully comply with https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
- Installed windows fonts

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6It-covt1A
GugUCorn
Hi, Darkimmortal!
I found some error after recent update.

I click "Upload Replay" after upload my .osr and .osk, and "Uploading(~~%)..." goes to 65~66% and goes back to 0%(means restart). :!: (I used Chrome.)
and changed "Awaiting upload~" to this.

but When i upload .osr without .osk, Uploading was successful...

maybe I thought this error connect to my skin's problem or .osr uploading system.

Thanks! :3
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

TaMul wrote:

Hi, Darkimmortal!
I found some error after recent update.

I click "Upload Replay" after upload my .osr and .osk, and "Uploading(~~%)..." goes to 65~66% and goes back to 0%(means restart). :!: (I used Chrome.)
and changed "Awaiting upload~" to this.

but When i upload .osr without .osk, Uploading was successful...

maybe I thought this error connect to my skin's problem or .osr uploading system.

Thanks! :3
Fixed
TripLeTricKz
Love it.
Diagram_old

Flawless
GugUCorn
Reading replay file...                                                                                  
Got map hash '3d7c760e3c4ea24eb00bc57af2e9f06f' and player username 'TaMul'

Querying osu! api for map info... string(22) "2|false|153393|48874|0"
ID 48874... Difficulty 153393... Got 48874 IOSYS - Endless Tewi-ma Park

Extracting replay length... Got 134000ms

Checking if updated beatmap is available...

Installing beatmap into osu!...

Waiting for any osu updates to install... 001.0

Installing beatmap into osu!... (wait about 15 seconds)

Copying replay into osu!...

Starting osu! and beginning replay playback...
Sorry for bothering.. :o
Skin is not adjusted... :?
streeteelf
Yup, I have problem with skin too, but it just don't accept my skin and I can't even upload it (it has .osk format). When I want to upload only replay, w/o skin, it do it immediately, but with skin I can't upload anything.
hehe
what the christ
help
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

streeteelf wrote:

Yup, I have problem with skin too, but it just don't accept my skin and I can't even upload it (it has .osk format). When I want to upload only replay, w/o skin, it do it immediately, but with skin I can't upload anything.
Fixed skins not being applied, but I'm not sure why you aren't able to upload it at all
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Yet another update:

- Added yuvmotionfps for motion interpolation, should result in slightly smoother output
- Further adhered to youtube encoding guidelines (fixed GOP)
Zerostarry
It won't accept my skin either, just loads forever.. :(
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Fixed skins over 2MB being silently ignored
Ameo

Darkimmortal wrote:

- Re-enabled storyboards

Thanks so much for making this service for us and continuing to maintain it! I can't say how much time this has saved me. You're the best!!
Zerostarry
it still wont let me in...

i've been trying for hours but it never accepts my skin and let's in other people.
Howl
Also, could you please put that the turn starts when uploading a map? Because, since not all connections are ipersupermegafast (coff coff mine), sometimes you're uploading a replay w/ a skin but someone has already took the turn, so shit.
giou
IT WORKS ! TY :3
Kayla
Doesnt work at all for me. The page times out when I click upload and I wait and then someone elses information starts showing in the live feed. Ive tried for hours and cant get it working.

I am using a skin, I am using a small replay file.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
- Fixed large skin uploads
- Updated to youtube data api v3 and from authsub to oauth2 - means nicer authentication screen and no more 'NoLinkedYoutubeAccount' errors (properly supports multiple accounts)
MillhioreF
It's just giving me "Youtube access token expired" every time I try and upload anything. Relogging doesn't help.

Edit: Never mind, all's good now.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Added a further check that youtube accounts are valid before recording as there's been quite a few failing at the final upload stage

Edit: Seems that wasn't enough, now it will upload and delete a test video before each recording to stop time wasters
Kayla
Maps dont use your note skin or cursor if you include it, they ignore your skin and use the map skin and default cursor. Is this intentional?

Also dat dim..
Noctali
I love it, thanks for all your work! :)
Vasari
That's one hell of a tool , I really appreciated using it :)
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Recordings now use tmpfs (ram/swap) as scratch space, should smooth out any stutters as previously was hitting the hard disk at 60MB/s(!) constant write without any preallocation. Encoding will also be a bit faster, particularly the sound extraction phase
DarkZaar
I've been using this service a couple of times now... and i can't seem to get my skin to work.. am i doing something wrong? do i have to make a separate .osk file with only the gameplay files? i'm really confused because i see people getting skins to work just fine and looking at the replies on this it not just me that aren't getting this feature to work
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DarkZaar wrote:

I've been using this service a couple of times now... and i can't seem to get my skin to work.. am i doing something wrong? do i have to make a separate .osk file with only the gameplay files? i'm really confused because i see people getting skins to work just fine and looking at the replies on this it not just me that aren't getting this feature to work
make sure the skin.ini file is removed, and if the skin absolutely depends on it (normally it is automatically removed) then you're basically out of luck
DarkZaar

Darkimmortal wrote:

DarkZaar wrote:

make sure the skin.ini file is removed, and if the skin absolutely depends on it (normally it is automatically removed) then you're basically out of luck

ok i'm gonna try this right now... if this works i'll post it here :D

EDIT : yeah still not working.. here's what it says on the status display :
SPOILER
Installing skin... End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk or
/dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.zip, and cannot find /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.ZIP, period.
ok
Kayla

Kurimu wrote:

Maps dont use your note skin or cursor if you include it, they ignore your skin and use the map skin and default cursor. Is this intentional?

Also dat dim..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=062L4WVhbo0

As you can see its using the song skin not the skin I uploaded.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DarkZaar wrote:

Darkimmortal wrote:

ok i'm gonna try this right now... if this works i'll post it here :D

EDIT : yeah still not working.. here's what it says on the status display :
SPOILER
Installing skin... End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk or
/dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.zip, and cannot find /dolan/osurecord/replay.osk.ZIP, period.
ok
Then your skin is not a valid zip file and I'm amazed if osu will load it without error
- Marco -

We got a problem D:
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Should be ok now
streeteelf
If only it showed combo bursts... :P But it's nice that you repaired skins upload. :)
show more