forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kamikaze
Something's weird with recording, it records only "Your beatmaps are being processed" screen as shown here:
Rika-chan
Yup, can confirm above also. Everything I've tried uploading and have seen uploaded in the past day is outputting nothing.
Elric
I can't upload mine , gives me an weird error.
Avner

....what....
Elric
"Your beatmaps are being processed"
I get this on my video, so weird ><
Dexem
I seem to have the same problem

well since youtube wont youtube. beatmap processing stuck on that screen thing yeah.
Zlew
yep, got dis beatmap processing problem too
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Fixed, looks like osu!.db got corrupt somehow
iys
Heeeey, it crashes every time on:

Starting osu! and beginning replay playback...  
Error: osu! failed to start after waiting 25 seconds. Over 9000 possible reasons for this, best bet is to
just try again.

I can see in a preview that it launches, plays the music, it goes to Play->Solo, and then it goes black D:

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked on like 5th attempt...
aliciasimoned
how come every time i upload one of my replays it doesnt show the skin i used
iys
Any chance for source code or at least some code snippets for self hosting? D:
It's kind of really annoying to sit ~10 minutes repeatedly clicking Upload.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Maxorq wrote:

I will open source it when I get a chance to rewrite it. There's a few things that could become security holes with more knowledge of the workings (scary amount of sudo involved), and the code is currently at the standard of babby's first PHP
XinhQua
Thank you so much for fixing!!! :):):)
HansonIsBlack
I get many errors and have had no success after 30 mins. It also takes so long to get under 3.3
pitbull2k4
Same here. My video is just the 'processing maps' screen. For some reason I see other people uploading maps sucessfully (under "most recently uploaded map"), but all of mine are failing.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Have added a check to abort recording if osu gets stuck on that screen

I don't know what is actually causing it
Argonatesify
osu!record has detected that osu! has closed, crashed or is display a dialog box. Probably needs an updat
e. [2]
:(
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Fixed
Rika-chan
Out of curiosity, what was the problem?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
The black screen/processing maps detection code was a bit trigger happy
iys

Darkimmortal wrote:

Maxorq wrote:

I will open source it when I get a chance to rewrite it. There's a few things that could become security holes with more knowledge of the workings (scary amount of sudo involved), and the code is currently at the standard of babby's first PHP
Um, what do you need root permissions for, and can it be easily avoided somehow?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Maxorq wrote:

Darkimmortal wrote:

Um, what do you need root permissions for, and can it be easily avoided somehow?
It's more for interop between the web server user and osu user, nothing of significance actually runs as root

Also I've decided to make most of the source available: https://github.com/darkimmortal/OsuRecord
[Kanzaki Ranko]

aliciasimoned wrote:

how come every time i upload one of my replays it doesnt show the skin i used
Have you tried uploading the .osk? .osr files are played with the skin osu! is set to.

@Darkimmortal:
$sorryAgainPeppy is thebest variable name. Ever.

Edit1:
Also:
if(file_exists("/tmp/osurecord/replay.osk")){
echo "\n\n\n\033[01;31mInstalling skin... \033[0m";

exec("unzip -oj /tmp/osurecord/replay.osk -d /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/skin.ini");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/SKIN.ini");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/SKIN.INI");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/skin.INI");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/Skin.ini");
echo "ok";
}
Is deleting the Skin.ini REALLY necessary? As in, will it explode with the skin.ini or something? As far as I can remember, having a different skin.ini in the same skin folder will still keep the skin in that folder selected.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
It might have changed, but when I wrote it, changing the name in the skin.ini forced osu back to the default skin
iys
Since I made that damn Google+ page for my YouTube channel, osu!record tells me there is no YouTube channel linked with my account.
Oh well, it was nice until it lasted :(
Rika-chan

Maxorq wrote:

Since I made that damn Google+ page for my YouTube channel, osu!record tells me there is no YouTube channel linked with my account.
You should be able to unlink them. under account settings on youtube, I did that myself.
iys

CarlGel wrote:

Maxorq wrote:

You should be able to unlink them. under account settings on youtube, I did that myself.
Holy shit, I never realised I'm THAT stupid.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Darkimmortal wrote:

It might have changed, but when I wrote it, changing the name in the skin.ini forced osu back to the default skin
I tested this in the day you implemented skin uploading (and even mentioned skin.ini compatibility wouldn't be supported) and it worked... o3o
Satan
Maybe you could add a little multi-server function and some people can donate their servers to help contribute to this!
Or make it open-source so others can also provide the service
NattW
It seems the load wont drop below the target load to upload - server downtime?
Hexide

NattW wrote:

Dark is just murdering hes own server.
iys

Hexide wrote:

NattW wrote:

Dark is just murdering hes own server.
Holy shi...
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

lambochwan wrote:

Maybe you could add a little multi-server function and some people can donate their servers to help contribute to this!
I made it partially open source already: https://github.com/darkimmortal/OsuRecord

People are more than welcome to run their own public or private instances

Also the recording functionality may have been unavailable for the past few hours due to my osu! account getting hacked - this has now been resolved
Rika-chan
Jeesh, taking control of someone else's Osu! account? Whoever did that knows how to make a jerk move. :/
Satan

Darkimmortal wrote:

lambochwan wrote:

I made it partially open source already: https://github.com/darkimmortal/OsuRecord

Also the recording functionality may have been unavailable for the past few hours due to my osu! account getting hacked - this has now been resolved
I have a few windows servers, but idk about linux :(
iys
I would host it, but I don't have root rights on my server... neither do I have X's running...
Well peppy somebody should really make a official replay to video converter for those who wanna upload the video.
Marcin
There will never be a "converter" since osu! replay contains simple mouse positions / clicks, while video is image of that replay.
Dainichi

Darkimmortal wrote:

lambochwan wrote:

Uhhhh, Idk how to do this.... Maybe you should do a TUT? :D
Jordan
Is it just me or that doesnt work anymore
show more