forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
Secretpipe
I can't go in the website now ! Problem ?
[C]hris

Secretpipe wrote:

I can't go in the website now ! Problem ?
same here
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Service is available again, was disabled while I install 2 new enterprise-grade hard disks in the server to improve speed and reliability for other services. As a side effect, there should be less recording glitches (where videos pause/judder for a few seconds).

Also have added a feature to (hopefully) automatically update osu on each recording
[C]hris

Darkimmortal wrote:

Service is available again, was disabled while I install 2 new enterprise-grade hard disks in the server to improve speed and reliability for other services. As a side effect, there should be less recording glitches (where videos pause/judder for a few seconds).

Also have added a feature to (hopefully) automatically update osu on each recording

Very very nice and good work :D thank u
KananaX
Work with CTB ?.?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

KananaX wrote:

Work with CTB ?.?
Yes
Repflez
I think I broke it. I saw the message of "The recording stopped since osu! is stuck at the main menu" so I thought that the slot was free (apparently not) and I uploaded my replay more or less 20 minutes ago. Now is stuck in the "Starting osu! and beginning replay playback..." message.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Repflez wrote:

I think I broke it. I saw the message of "The recording stopped since osu! is stuck at the main menu" so I thought that the slot was free (apparently not) and I uploaded my replay more or less 20 minutes ago. Now is stuck in the "Starting osu! and beginning replay playback..." message.
Have added a workaround to try and stop this particular cause of that issue (race condition)
ryza

peppy wrote:

It would be optimal if you don't login via osu! when recording.
I know peppy said this on the first page, but would it be possible to create another account and have an option of whether or not you want it to log in? This program is very nice, but when I'm uploading say, a replay of a high ranked score (#1 or something) it would be nice to have it show that I got that #1 in the video.
Nostral_Lizer
Stuck now help
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Nostral_Lizer wrote:

Stuck now help
As this seems to happen about once in every 20 recordings, I have added a workaround of sorts
[Kanzaki Ranko]
 Querying osu! api for map info... string(25) "2|false|149310|41242|6419"
ID 41242... Difficulty 149310... Got 41242 Yousei Teikoku - The Creator

Extracting replay length... Got 227000ms

Installing beatmap into osu!... (wait about 15 seconds)

Waiting for any osu updates to install... 001.0

Stuck at this for some time now (saw that when I tried to upload something, then went to play a LoL game and it remained the same)
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Maav wrote:

Querying osu! api for map info... string(25) "2|false|149310|41242|6419"
ID 41242... Difficulty 149310... Got 41242 Yousei Teikoku - The Creator

Extracting replay length... Got 227000ms

Waiting for any osu updates to install... 001.0

Stuck at this for some time now (saw that when I tried to upload something, then went to play a LoL game and it remained the same)
Added a workaround for this condition too
Secretpipe
But why i can't see the global ranking in the replay ?
[Kanzaki Ranko]
It reads http://osu.ppy.sh/s/53923 as http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9561 (probably because the server doesn't have the former), even though the former is in a beatmap pack (Approved #11)

Secretpipe wrote:

This might answer your question:

peppy wrote:

Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Maav wrote:

It reads http://osu.ppy.sh/s/53923 as http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9561 (probably because the server doesn't have the former), even though the former is in a beatmap pack (Approved #11)
Added, should work after the beatmap update script runs (few hours)
primrose
About PM notifications I recommend you disable these options on Online tab ingame

Secretpipe

Maav wrote:

Secretpipe wrote:

This might answer your question:

peppy wrote:

I don't understand sorry :)
I was recording the replay and i was connected on the website . Problem ?

Look , in this video , there is the rankings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlWWZH3d ... dw&index=7

And here , this is not the rankings http://www.youtube.com/user/secretpipe?feature=mhee
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Secretpipe wrote:

Look , in this video , there is the rankings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlWWZH3d ... dw&index=7

And here , this is not the rankings http://www.youtube.com/user/secretpipe?feature=mhee
The first video isn't recorded with osu!record, while the new ones are. osu!record isn't connected to Bancho, so scoreboards don't show.
Jenny
does this work with custom skins or just map skins? (didn't hear of this before so excuse my probably stupid question? xP)
Secretpipe

Maav wrote:

Secretpipe wrote:

The first video isn't recorded with osu!record, while the new ones are. osu!record isn't connected to Bancho, so scoreboards don't show.

And i have to cnnect at Bancho with Osu! Record ?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Jenny wrote:

does this work with custom skins or just map skins? (didn't hear of this before so excuse my probably stupid question? xP)
Map skins will work without you doing anything special, for custom skins upload the .osk/.zip file for it.

Secretpipe wrote:

And i have to cnnect at Bancho with Osu! Record ?
There's nothing you can do, highscores will not be displayed by osurecord.
[Luxord]
This is the best thing I ever seen. I'm highly amazed.
Roloko
Wow this is a lifesaver I've been fooling with Hypercam, Camstudio, and Bandicam which all cause lag I guess cause I have an ancient system. xD
eirstryder
specs of the server? o=o
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

eirstryder wrote:

specs of the server? o=o
  1. i7 2600k (using built in intel GPU only hence low res and framerate)
  2. 16GB RAM (everything bar the raw .glc file (massive) is done in a ram disk)
  3. 64GB Crucial M4 SSD
  4. 2x1TB Seagate Constellation ES.3 in RAID1
  5. 1x3TB Seagate 7200.14 (used as scratch space to store .glc file, these tend to be 1GB per minute)
  6. 1Gbit dedicated line
  7. Arch Linux
Obviously the server is not only for osurecord ;)
Acrith
That's so awesome, man!

I always wanted to have MAAAANY videos on my channel from osu, and my PC isn't great to record. Now, I have this, and... that's so wonderful. Thank you! :)
eirstryder
would you accept part donations for the server? (like a GPU so that you can have better frame rates on the server)
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

eirstryder wrote:

would you accept part donations for the server? (like a GPU so that you can have better frame rates on the server)
I would love to, but it's a colocated box in a different country (sort of), so very difficult for me to change any parts

And as a 1u box with already overloaded cooling, fitting a GPU of any significant speed would be tricky
Akhlis_old
Best thing ever!
I love it.
Nickname
It has error with

osu!record has detected that osu! is stuck at the main menu screen. Recording has been aborted to save r
esources. This is 99% likely to be a problem on your end, not a bug in osu!record. In most cases the map
has been updated since the replay was recorded, so the replay is no longer playable. If, after updating t
he map to the latest version, you can playback the replay on your own osu!, then this can be reported as
a bug.

wat problem?! :(
AshuraNoYami
Awesome work! Although I'm not that experienced, I can manage a basic layout and create a custom "beautified" version of the page for you, if you want me to. (I'm studying informatic and computer engineering.)

On a side-note: would it be possible for you to limit the times a person can upload a replay per hour, instead of per day? it would be awesome, even if we had to wait for 2-3 or even 4 hours to be able to make a new upload. I think it might be easier for the server to manage and it would help with the number of people trying to upload at the same time, seeing as they would have to wait a significant amount of time before being able to make a new upload, giving other users the chance to make an upload of their own.

Keep the good work and god send!

this works wonders, but I believe I might end up blowing your server eventually. Btw, what language did you use when coding most of the program? I'm quite a curious person about that stuff
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

B u B B l E wrote:

It has error with

osu!record has detected that osu! is stuck at the main menu screen. Recording has been aborted to save r
esources. This is 99% likely to be a problem on your end, not a bug in osu!record. In most cases the map
has been updated since the replay was recorded, so the replay is no longer playable. If, after updating t
he map to the latest version, you can playback the replay on your own osu!, then this can be reported as
a bug.

wat problem?! :(
Link to beatmap that isn't working for you?

AshuraNoYami wrote:

Awesome work! Although I'm not that experienced, I can manage a basic layout and create a custom "beautified" version of the page for you, if you want me to. (I'm studying informatic and computer engineering.)

On a side-note: would it be possible for you to limit the times a person can upload a replay per hour, instead of per day? it would be awesome, even if we had to wait for 2-3 or even 4 hours to be able to make a new upload. I think it might be easier for the server to manage and it would help with the number of people trying to upload at the same time, seeing as they would have to wait a significant amount of time before being able to make a new upload, giving other users the chance to make an upload of their own.

Keep the good work and god send!

this works wonders, but I believe I might end up blowing your server eventually. Btw, what language did you use when coding most of the program? I'm quite a curious person about that stuff
Not really fussed about the layout, it gets the job done for the most part. And you're right it might be worth rethinking the daily limit to something on an x hourly basis.

As for language, the bulk of it is written in PHP (not just the web frontend - the majority of the stuff happening in the live console is all PHP) along with some Autohotkey and bash scripts.

The actual fun bits are done by a modified build of GLC (dxtory/fraps linux equivalent), ffmpeg (video encoding), SoX (glc->wav audio processing), modified anytermd (for live status console) and imagemagick (live osu screenshot display and 'stuck at main menu' check)
AshuraNoYami

Darkimmortal wrote:

Not really fussed about the layout, it gets the job done for the most part. And you're right it might be worth rethinking the daily limit to something on an x hourly basis.
As for the layout, while it is functional, I assume you would like the page to be atractive, as it would get your name out in the known, increasing chances for jobs related to coding and such. It would also be quite a simple matter to change it.

The daily limit seems quite easy to implement as you probably already have a function checking for the number of times a user has uploaded replays on the current day.

Darkimmortal wrote:

As for language, the bulk of it is written in PHP (not just the web frontend - the majority of the stuff happening in the live console is all PHP) along with some Autohotkey and bash scripts.
PhP is something I've been thinking of putting my head to it but always end up doing against it as I currently am studying diverse coding languages and putting another one on the list might not be a good idea. It doesn't mean I won't do so eventually, and as I am now, I can still understand bits of the code.
Got no clue on what bash scripts might be and will try to learn a bit about what it is.

Darkimmortal wrote:

The actual fun bits are done by a modified build of GLC (dxtory/fraps linux equivalent), ffmpeg (video encoding), SoX (glc->wav audio processing), modified anytermd (for live status console) and imagemagick (live osu screenshot display and 'stuck at main menu' check)
Those are, unfortunately, complete misteries to me, from their concept to their realization and workings.
They do seem like quite handy.

Closing my post, I'll simply ask, would you like some help cleaning your code and organizing it?
Apparently it's something I'm reasonably good at due to huge piles of code being issued at school...
Syclasm
osurecord doesn't seem to want to playback my replay. When it records, it's just stuck on the main menu and an error saying "You do not have this beatmap this replay is made for". The map is this one: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/55644.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Syclasm wrote:

osurecord doesn't seem to want to playback my replay. When it records, it's just stuck on the main menu and an error saying "You do not have this beatmap this replay is made for". The map is this one: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/55644.
Have manually updated the map, try again now

Incidentally this is one of my favourite maps :)
Hiryuu_old
I used it some time ago and I really have to admit it, it's just simply awesome. Definitely will continue to use in the future as well in a reasonable matter of course.
Syclasm

Darkimmortal wrote:

Syclasm wrote:

Have manually updated the map, try again now

Incidentally this is one of my favourite maps :)
Thanks! It works well now, aside from a bit of audio/video sync issues. :3
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
From what I've learned, any sync issues are as a result of one or more of:

- baked into the map (iirc almost everything is mapped to a constant 'offset' to the real audio of something like +16ms, though some differ)
- a genuine hardware lag issue that normally universal offset is available to compensate for
- the viewer's perception being altered as a result of too much play with universal offset in use

The actual videos should be "perfect" in terms of sync, even more so than video recorded with the likes of Fraps or Dxtory or whatever on Windows, as the audio is captured straight out of the game process before it has even reached the sound hardware/drivers, something that is only possible on linux.
Professor Prinny
A question about custom skins with the replays: Do you have to keep the .osr and .osk/.zip separate or does the .osr have to be within the .osk/.zip file?
And also when compressing the skin into a .osk/.zip, do the skin files need to be in a folder beforehand or does it not matter? <--- (Asking this one because my skin is an actual custom/personal one).

Also: Sorry if these are stupid questions.
show more