forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
primrose
Yaaaay :) :) :) I thought this once and someone made it! :D Thanks!
Scorpium
I've just tried this, and the result is way better than expected. :) Great, and thanks alot.
Reunilu
Oh my god, thank you. My recordings run like a DREAM now plus my eyes won't burn from the lag that I feel in the videos I record myself.
DJ Angel
as I said before, this was a great idea, just tested it out and works even better than I thought.

now, this might be too much to ask, but couldn't you make a script or something so the replay accepts customized osu! skin parts? or even a full .osk? with this I'm pretty sure it will be just like recording on our own pc's

EDIT: You should add taiko skin, too
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DJ Angel wrote:

as I said before, this was a great idea, just tested it out and works even better than I thought.

now, this might be too much to ask, but couldn't you make a script or something so the replay accepts customized osu! skin parts? or even a full .osk? with this I'm pretty sure it will be just like recording on our own pc's

EDIT: You should add taiko skin, too
.osk uploading is planned for the future

taiko skin appears to be present in the skins folder
DJ Angel
weird, my last videos were on osu! default taiko skin.

gonna try to upload one today to check it out
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DJ Angel wrote:

weird, my last videos were on osu! default taiko skin.

gonna try to upload one today to check it out
If you can link me to the skin you need I can install it
Mismagius

so unlucky ;_;
Aqua
This is pretty awesome!
Hook it up to some live rss feed showing new ranked maps and this could easily replace the current (manual) osu youtube preview project!

I'm curious in how you did this
Annie the Eagle
Works nice on Taiko maps also, but it does use the osu! default skin rather than Taiko v6, have you made sure the osu! client has "Use Taiko skin on Taiko mode" checked in the options? Also a little lag on Video BGs but other than that, works really nicely, even with 720p!

And if you can also do .osk support that would be be ridiculous. Do you also plan to support 1080p (maybe for donators or perhaps 1x 1080p mode per day / week)?

EDIT: Will you also add support for online rank display?

Roxas
Omg I tried this and looks fantastic! Good job Darkimmortal :D
DuskyFox
I got this during upload:
Now uploading to your Youtube account... (this may take a while)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><errors><error><domain>yt:validation</doma
in><code>invalid_character</code><location type='xpath'>media:group/media:title/
text()</location></error></errors>
Fatal error: Call to a member function getVideoId() on a non-object in /home/dar
kisock/osu/osurecord.php on line 414

Call Stack:
0.0009 324696 1. {main}() /home/darkisock/osu/osurecord.php:0

sh-4.2#
What dos that mean?
EpicFailure
Very nice job on this.

My friend suggested that you should make a system that will detect whether or not the .osr is playable. Which would reduce the traffic and not clogging up your server with nonsense. What I mean is, there are .osr files out that are created with the F2 key even though the replay doesn't exist; such as a score that was played on multi, but is not on the top 40. As a result, it will upload a pointless video that is the length of the map while just displaying the screen of the score.

If that sounded confusing, I can elaborate further on this if you like. Pardon my friend for his curiosity.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

eternityglacier wrote:

I got this during upload:
Now uploading to your Youtube account... (this may take a while)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><errors><error><domain>yt:validation</doma
in><code>invalid_character</code><location type='xpath'>media:group/media:title/
text()</location></error></errors>
Fatal error: Call to a member function getVideoId() on a non-object in /home/dar
kisock/osu/osurecord.php on line 414

Call Stack:
0.0009 324696 1. {main}() /home/darkisock/osu/osurecord.php:0

sh-4.2#
What dos that mean?
Fixed, seems zend framework does not escape < and > when working with the youtube api
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Annie the Eagle wrote:

Works nice on Taiko maps also, but it does use the osu! default skin rather than Taiko v6, have you made sure the osu! client has "Use Taiko skin on Taiko mode" checked in the options? Also a little lag on Video BGs but other than that, works really nicely, even with 720p!
Have ticked that option now

Annie the Eagle wrote:

And if you can also do .osk support that would be be ridiculous. Do you also plan to support 1080p (maybe for donators or perhaps 1x 1080p mode per day / week)?
.osk support is in the pipeline

1080p would be largely pointless, as it is upscaling already from 640x480. Admittedly upscaling to 1080p during testing did make it look significantly better, but it cuts the encoding speed to about 25%.

As for proper increased resolution, if you think it's laggy now, you should see it try to run 800x600 :P

Annie the Eagle wrote:

EDIT: Will you also add support for online rank display?
Can't unfortunately

also due to optimisations I have raised the gameserver cut-off from 10 to 16
Annie the Eagle

Darkimmortal wrote:

Have ticked that option now?
Yay :3

Darkimmortal wrote:

.osk support is in the pipeline
Sounds like a plan! :D

Darkimmortal wrote:

1080p would be largely pointless, as it is upscaling already from 640x480. Admittedly upscaling to 1080p during testing did make it look significantly better, but it cuts the encoding speed to about 25%.

As for proper increased resolution, if you think it's laggy now, you should see it try to run 800x600 :P
Ah understood, someone donate this person a GTX 580 so we get 1080p :D

Darkimmortal wrote:

Can't unfortunately also due to optimisations I have raised the gameserver cut-off from 10 to 16
Yay for optimizations.
cheesiest
something has gone pear shaped
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

cheesiest wrote:

something has gone pear shaped
mhm horrendously bad intel linux gpu driver strikes again, need to totally reboot my box at some point when it's less active

also best error message 2013
XenoWarrior
Ahh yeah, I was wondering what has happened. Looks like this service would help many people out! Great work on this project! :D
I was also going to say "something has gone pear shaped" when I tried to upload just a moment ago. I will try later to see if it works. :)

Edit: I forgot about the message that shows when opening the website.

The page at "http://osurecord.weeaboo.com/" says:
"Subprocess Terminated"
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

XenoWarrior wrote:

Ahh yeah, I was wondering what has happened. Looks like this service would help many people out! Great work on this project! :D
I was also going to say "something has gone pear shaped" when I tried to upload just a moment ago. I will try later to see if it works. :)

Edit: I forgot about the message that shows when opening the website.

The page at "http://osurecord.weeaboo.com/" says:
"Subprocess Terminated"
aye that is just anyterm complaining that the gnu screen session it monitors has disappeared, since i've taken everything down until I figure out why wine isn't playing ball with i915
XenoWarrior

Darkimmortal wrote:

aye that is just anyterm complaining that the gnu screen session it monitors has disappeared, since i've taken everything down until I figure out why wine isn't playing ball with i915

Alright, I hope everything is up and running soon! :)
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
I'm completely stumped with this issue - the only lead I've got is libXxf86vm - removing it fixes any wine app causing X to instantly segfault, but breaks osu because it's needed for the 3d pipeline.

Could be quite a while until osurecord is working again, I've got literally no idea what to try next. Don't even know what caused it in the first place, didnt touch any libraries before it broke
Chewu
I've got to say this is one of the best things that happened to osu! in quite a while. Thank you very much for this! Hope to see everything fixed soon, good luck.
Fllandre
Awesome, hope you can fix everything, good luck! ;)
zertap
I was going to try this but it was pear shaped :(
Looks nice tho :)
(If you can like make your setup shareable, I'd suppose you could like have different servers when one is busy, I would host, but I don't think my raspberry pi could handle this well :D)
Dem pears bro. Back to fraps and 20 minute uploads =(
Really hope you get this up and running again, it would be brilliant if you could get this whole project working to it's full potential.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
By some miracle of miracles I have managed to get Wine running again under the gpu-accelerated x server.

Though how uninstalling the GPU driver completely (and not installing anything in its place) fixed it, I have no idea.

Moral of the story: intel gpus are awful
DuskyFox
Okay this was really odd. I uploaded the replay. It was of me playing FREEDOM DiVE with Relax mod. For some reason in the live viewer, it said "You do not have the beatmap this replay used" or something like that, and it remained on the home menu, and it continued to process.

I don't know if it is a temporary error, but that kind of got me curious.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

eternityglacier wrote:

Okay this was really odd. I uploaded the replay. It was of me playing FREEDOM DiVE with Relax mod. For some reason in the live viewer, it said "You do not have the beatmap this replay used" or something like that, and it remained on the home menu, and it continued to process.

Your replay doesn't seem to play at all (even tried on my local pc), perhaps it's for an older version of the map?

I'm working on a way to detect this error condition and abort the recording to save resources
DuskyFox

Darkimmortal wrote:

eternityglacier wrote:

Your replay doesn't seem to play at all (even tried on my local pc), perhaps it's for an older version of the map?

I'm working on a way to detect this error condition and abort the recording to save resources
No, the recording and upload completed, but all it showed was the osu! home screen. I removed the video so it wouldn't take a spot in my YouTube uploads as a faulty upload.

And maybe. I'll try with a different beatmap and see if it works, once the service is available.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

eternityglacier wrote:

Darkimmortal wrote:

No, the recording and upload completed, but all it showed was the osu! home screen. I removed the video so it wouldn't take a spot in my YouTube uploads as a faulty upload.

And maybe. I'll try with a different beatmap and see if it works, once the service is available.
Yeah but I fetched the .osr you uploaded and it won't play in my own copy of osu and I have the beatmap installed
DuskyFox

Darkimmortal wrote:

eternityglacier wrote:

Yeah but I fetched the .osr you uploaded and it won't play in my own copy of osu and I have the beatmap installed
Then I guess that replay went bust then :/ Oh well.
DuskyFox
Okay trying a different replay this time, and good idea with the fail check.
eldiax
This is working excellent. Thank you!
-Mephisto
Worked very fine, but what is a "unexpected EOF" error?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Jin_Back7 wrote:

Worked very fine, but what is a "unexpected EOF" error?
Assuming you're talking about the non-fatal error out of ffmpeg that pretty much flashes past during the process, that's either because GLC isn't gracefully closed (recording is stopped with a sigkill because I'm crazy :P), or it's just a bug in glc-play. Either way it has no effect on anything.
Lightyear8684
For two days I've been getting this message when trying to upload the video D:

SPOILER
Game servers are too active (osu!record makes them lag like fuck), please try again later when there is < 15 players/server.

Is it just me?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Lightyear8684 wrote:

For two days I've been getting this message when trying to upload the video D:

SPOILER
Game servers are too active (osu!record makes them lag like fuck), please try again later when there is < 15 players/server.

Is it just me?
No that applies to everyone. My community's gameservers take priority over osurecord (both literally, and in terms of cpu priority). Hence allowing osu!record to be used when they are significantly active would result in lag for people playing on the TF2 etc. servers, as well as a jerky video from osu!record.

Any time outside the hours 16:00 - 01:00 GMT should be grand
Vyse86
Just tested it and it works well. I was a bit worried because the live feed showed an error message saying "osu! is not running at the moment or something went horribly wrong" twice during the process of recording, but the video came out fine in the end. This is especially useful for me because I can't record audio on my notebook, so I'm unable to make my own videos.

That being said, I probably shouldn't block the server from being used by anyone else unless I have something that is actually worthy of being uploaded to youtube :oops:
Fenek Alfa
Erm...

At 2:37 something goes wrong for a few seconds
I remember seeing something like "failcheck" in the recordning console
show more