forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

DJNightmare wrote:

Awesome, the website gave alot of useful information about the last successful video, and also give's enough live streaming on the website to realise where it is. And the console was very helpful as i know when did the recording start, ended, or the converted. Also, 720p HD! Although it seems that the gameplay was resized to a very small window... Or is it just me? >.<
Yes the game runs at 640x480 which is then upscaled to 960x720. Sadly the GPU isn't quite up to running 800x600 or higher smoothly

The upscaling process makes osu! content look vastly better on youtube, even compared to uploading it at native 720p equivalent or higher (you end up with loads of aliasing in the final product in this case). Just a quirk of whatever way Youtube's final encoding process works

Upscaling to 1080p looks even better, but it's not worth the speed tradeoff (takes more than twice as long)
Hanyuu
Thanks alot for this :) it worked great and is 1000 times as if i woul do that :D
420Guy
Awesome! ><
ApolloFortyNine
Just wanted to say thanks! Easy to use, and works flawlessly from what I can tell. Nice job!
Atomix210
Could you add a list of uploaded video with this "tool" on the site?
Elysion
Mh... is it normal I just can't get a good recording from this ? Like, it won't start the replay or something.

Probably because it doesn't have the map, dunno. I'll let the video so you get what I mean.

If it is because of that "private mirror", tell me if you ever need some uncommon hard maps or something.

Getting the original mirror would be nice tho'...
Winshley
The only thing that catch my eye is the weird font text on the "REPLAY MODE - Watching <user> playing <artist> - <song> [<difficulty>]" and the OSR information at the top of result screen. I guess it's because the game can't find the required font. :P

The video has good quality (though not as good as what I uploaded myself, but I can't blame you if this is intended to allow other users to upload their OSR as well). Timing-wise, I find it acceptable without any noticeable de-sync. Upload speed is blazingly fast! :O I would love to see online scoreboard though, if only it's possible to see without logging in... :? Overall, it's still satisfying nevertheless.

If you want me to "break" the server, I probably would go on uploading a lengthy Marathon map OSR, but I'm just afraid I would get banned from using the service for that. :P

@Elysion: Your video is set to Private.
lolcubes
This looks nice, however I am interested in what kind of video codec do you use. Looking at the vids, they look somewhat pale (probably due to bad color conversion on rgb?).
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

lolcubes wrote:

This looks nice, however I am interested in what kind of video codec do you use. Looking at the vids, they look somewhat pale (probably due to bad color conversion on rgb?).
I haven't really noticed any colour difference to be honest

The capture is done in BGR (no idea bits/pixel) which GLC internally converts to YUV420 (I guess any flaws in this conversion would be considered a bug in GLC). Colourspace isn't touched beyond this

Codec-wise, uncompressed+lossless GLC mystery format -> YUV4MPEG (GLC internal conversion) -> x264 via ffmpeg
theowest
This is amazing. I'm bookmarking this for future replays
kriers

will it still upload despite this?

I guess I'll have to wait and see :P
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

kriers wrote:

will it still upload despite this?

I guess I'll have to wait and see :P
No that's a fatal error

I've not yet had a chance to hook up the API that allows it to stay constantly 100% up to date with ranked maps
Evanaire
Apart from like 15 seconds in the score screen after played (not gonna hurt me), everything was fine. Thanks!
peppy

Axuxa wrote:

Apart from like 15 seconds in the score screen after played (not gonna hurt me), everything was fine. Thanks!
You can use the youtube post-editing tools to adjust clipping at either side.
JappyBabes
silma should record his half time play on the Within Temptation marathon.
Dexus
it didn't do my replay correctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by2V9e0yDCw

This was the first attempt I did and this is what it gave me.

I'm going to try doing it again to see if it was just a small bug or something.

Edit:
on my second upload I saw that it did this, it did this before but I wasn't sure if it was normal since the site is still new

Extracting replay length... Got 93000msFAILED to detect mod flags

No dice, same thing happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXTYak7Kwk8
MillhioreF

JappyBabes wrote:

silma should record his half time play on the Within Temptation marathon.
I tried uploading that but it's too new for the API :(
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Dexus wrote:

it didn't do my replay correctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by2V9e0yDCw

This was the first attempt I did and this is what it gave me.

I'm going to try doing it again to see if it was just a small bug or something.

Edit:
on my second upload I saw that it did this, it did this before but I wasn't sure if it was normal since the site is still new

Extracting replay length... Got 93000msFAILED to detect mod flags

No dice, same thing happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXTYak7Kwk8
Your replay must be corrupt or incredibly old if even osu itself can't load it
Dexus

Darkimmortal wrote:

Your replay must be corrupt or incredibly old if even osu itself can't load it
I found out that it was the replay and that it didn't save properly.
ApolloFortyNine
If the map is approved but not ranked it detects the file name and still tries to load the song, and then records the main screen. Is this intended? The song I tried was talent shredder.
s 8 n
i uploaded 1 lol no problems this is nice :D
CXu

This is pretty neat, especially since my computer sucks, lol
Goddess Madoka
Problem with space in user profile link.
I think you should replace spaces with %20. :D
420Guy
I can't open the side D:
Is it down?
xsrsbsns
By the looks of it this is pretty neat.

How about enabling us to upload our custom skins for osu!record to use during recording?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Should be working again now.

Custom skins won't be supported any time soon, but I will be uploading a full set of skins for maps that need them to use
Nyquill
HAHAHA I BROKE IT

Sometimes checking if the map can or cannot be located works and sometimes it doesn't.

(There needs to be a cancel button)
Blaziken
Mind = Blown
Amazing
nanashiRei
Are replays from 2011 Nov. somehow outdated? :S I'm getting the "stop uploading shite that isn't really a .osr" message on all of them. The play fine in osu thought.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

nanashiRei wrote:

Are replays from 2011 Nov. somehow outdated? :S I'm getting the "stop uploading shite that isn't really a .osr" message on all of them. The play fine in osu thought.
I need to get round to writing a proper parser rather than relying on extremely optimistic regexs
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Update: Have added auto updating every few hours with the latest beatmaps

There's still a handful of beatmaps that were never included in a numbered pack however, that won't help for these
TRIYP
This is a great idea. This will probably be a huge success. Good job on making something so awesome. :D
Goddess Madoka
Replacing space with + in user profile url doesn't seems to work. Consider using %20 ?
Wojtek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOSamGRTA4
result screen is only displayed for fraction of second
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
New: added gallery of all uploads (http://osurecord.weeaboo.com/gallery.php) and improved design slightly

-

Wojtek wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOSamGRTA4
result screen is only displayed for fraction of second
Not a whole lot I can do there, the osu site has it recorded as a 4:09 long beatmap.

Goddess Madoka wrote:

Replacing space with + in user profile url doesn't seems to work. Consider using %20 ?
Changed
zapsniff
This is such a SICK thing.. Amazing work!

However there is one thing that makes this basically useless for anyone serious about osu!, imho. The default skin.
With all its bells and barrelrolling sounds and whatnot, it's just garbage. You can't even hear the song you're playing..

I'm not asking for an option to choose a beatmap by the uploader, but rather you installing another skin that's more "raw".

Like this one: t/47918 - It's absolutely fantastic.

Again, thanks for the insanely nice work you did on this! a thousand million billion trillion gazillion kudos'! :)
Sakisan
Great job. Keep it up !
DJNightmare
Speaking of skins, maybe you should add an extra options box instead of requesting the desired skin instead. For instance, before uploading the .osr, there can be a drop box to list out some of the most popular skins there. With the skin compendium in the skinning forum, it will help alot with it if your gonna use this idea.
s ranker disc
wht about more extra skins packs for getting with osu when u download it ? :P
Kurai
Wow good job, I just tried it and the result is very nice !

However a little thing bothers me. The title of the video is [osu!] Artist - Title (player).
I think it would be better to have something like [osu! gamemode] Artist - Title [Difficulty name] <mods (HR, DT, etc)> (player).
show more