forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
osu!record allows you to upload a (tiny) .osr replay file, and the server will launch an instance of osu!, record the replay to a video, encode it to a suitable format and upload it to your Youtube account.

Total turnaround time: about 5-10 minutes.

No need to fiddle with Dxtory/Fraps, no need for complex conversions and no need for lengthy uploads. :)

http://osurecord.weeaboo.com/

Rest in pepperoni 2012-2017
peppy
Cool concept.
Seph
WHOA REALLY?

this be the coolest shit ever for people with low spec pcs
Mara
I am highly impressed.

I have a suggestion. Instead of adding http://osu.ppy.sh/s/* link in the desc, add http://osu.ppy.sh/b/*.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Mara wrote:

I am highly impressed.

I have a suggestion. Instead of adding http://osu.ppy.sh/s/* link in the desc, add http://osu.ppy.sh/b/*.
Aha so that's what the other value from the getscores script is!

Will get that implemented :)
Mara

Posting my result here.

For some reason it shows the result screen for a looooong time. Other than that, beautiful.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Mara wrote:

For some reason it shows the result screen for a looooong time. Other than that, beautiful.
Yeah you've hit the doubletime bug, I need peppy or another dev to answer my question on the other thread before I can fix it :(
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

peppy wrote:

Cool concept.
Cheers :)

Would you kill me if I create an extra account for this? It keeps popping up PM notifications etc. on the videos
Kuro
Would this work with taiko? :3
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Kuro wrote:

Would this work with taiko? :3
Very likely so, yeah
peppy
It would be optimal if you don't login via osu! when recording.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

peppy wrote:

It would be optimal if you don't login via osu! when recording.
Noted, will see about auto closing the login dialog then
Shiro
I am in awe. This thing is absolutely amazing. For the notifications, you can disable them in the options.
fartownik

Just 2 things I've noticed/encountered:

1. First try uploading ANY replay had failed from my side, I had a message the length can not be established (tried every mod and nomod). Then after another person put a video the upload went okay without problems (tried same replay as previously). Just pointing this out.
2. The sound seems a little off, like a few ms early.

Anyways, this is great. Good job there.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

fartownik wrote:

Just 2 things I've noticed/encountered:

1. First try uploading ANY replay had failed from my side, I had a message the length can not be established (tried every mod and nomod). Then after another person put a video the upload went okay without problems (tried same replay as previously). Just pointing this out.
2. The sound seems a little off, like a few ms early.

Anyways, this is great. Good job there.
1. I applied a fix for that just there now, I think the replay format changed at some point in the past because all the replays you uploaded are missing the length info that's present in all the examples I've put through it until now. I'll have to see about decoding the 7z (I think) stream that most of the replay consists of and/or scraping the highscores page to make a proper fix at some point

2. Increased the offset from +12ms to +16ms, might be a little better now (inb4 I've gone the wrong way :P)

Shiro wrote:

I am in awe. This thing is absolutely amazing. For the notifications, you can disable them in the options.
Unfortunately that doesn't work, there's a handful of options that don't save correctly under Wine/Linux

I've fixed it so it works as guest now though, not logged into my account any more when recording
Seph

amazing that it works on ctb too, though no online scoreboards ;;

anyways great job!
Kuro
The first time i tried to use it i uploaded the wrong replay but i found it this time >:D
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Seph wrote:

amazing that it works on ctb too, though no online scoreboards ;;

anyways great job!
Aye no login anymore = no bancho = no scoreboards :c
Mara
For some reason it says it detected DOUBLETIME/NIGHTCORE in nomod replay, causing the video to end too early.

Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Mara wrote:

For some reason it says it detected DOUBLETIME/NIGHTCORE in nomod replay, causing the video to end too early.

Removed DT/NC 'support' (I have a sneaking suspicion it was coincidental it worked at all :P) entirely, better to record past the end of DT than to stop early on non-DT

I'll look into the proper method of length reading (ie decoding the 7z) tomorrow, if my server is still in one piece! :P
Ephemeral
the code for this would be a lovely thing to see

EDIT: i can also help you adjust the offset if need be, looks a wee bit late
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Ephemeral wrote:

You really don't want to, it's horrendous :P

Probably not going to open source it any time soon, but I'll send you a wee pm to peek through when I get a chance to clean it up tomorrow :)

As for the offset, late/early always confuses me: assuming I'm padding the start of the audio track with 16ms of blank, should I increase or decrease that padding?
Kuro
Offset is a tad bit late.. but other than that it's fine. I also tested a taiko replay on it because all of the other replays looked good.
Not a good choice to make because the play field is constantly moving so you can tell when frame rate drops(?) or if there is lag(?), sometimes the taiko play field starts shaking like a leaf in a blizzard :lol:
Kuro

Ephemeral wrote:

Tsk, beat me to it... :P
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Kuro wrote:

Offset is a tad bit late.. but other than that it's fine. I also tested a taiko replay on it because all of the other replays looked good.
Not a good choice to make because the play field is constantly moving so you can tell when frame rate drops(?) or if there is lag(?), sometimes the taiko play field starts shaking like a leaf in a blizzard :lol:
Aye the GPU and hard disk can't always keep up sadly, if only I had a basic discrete gpu in there along with twice the ram :P

I've taken out the 16ms padding entirely, see if that's any better now offset-wise
Ephemeral
should be, UO is rarely needed except on very old sound cards in my experience

also, regarding messy code: you've never seen my contributions to osu! source code.. i feel like an elephant living in a bird colony when compared to the other devs sometimes!
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Ephemeral wrote:

should be, UO is rarely needed except on very old sound cards in my experience
Aye you're probably right, the audio stack it's going through scares me though :P

Various alsa hooks, probably a bit of pulseaudio thrown in along the way, hnnnnng

At least I'm not trying to asynchronously capture from the pulseaudio equivalent of stereo mix and sync it up with a variable frame rate video (any more), now THAT was madness! :P

Also speaking of the osu source code, would it be possible to get the code for decoding replays? I'm at a total loose end with determining length/doubletime properly, I guess what I need is in the mysteriously compressed part
zetsumeiIkari
I'm trying it now dark as i'm so pro at this game and all i will find this really useful XD
Well cool though
Kuro

Darkimmortal wrote:

Kuro wrote:

Aye the GPU and hard disk can't always keep up sadly, if only I had a basic discrete gpu in there along with twice the ram :P

I've taken out the 16ms padding entirely, see if that's any better now offset-wise
Better, I also tested a song that was more than 6 minutes long. I was seeing how far into the replay it would go. :D
show more