forum

Stuck at 2.5~* [ 7k ]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YYONN
I've been playing mania 4k for a good year (still suck) and switched to 7k 2-3 months ago. I have been stuck in 2.5~* ever since for a month and a half, please help.
TruthIsNear
You are not stuck. You just don't play enough. You need to grind this game like an MMORPG if you want to get anywhere. Especially early on.

Don't retry same maps over and over. You need variety in patterns. And put the hours in.
Lights

TruthIsNear wrote:

You are not stuck. You just don't play enough. You need to grind this game like an MMORPG if you want to get anywhere. Especially early on.

Don't retry same maps over and over. You need variety in patterns. And put the hours in.
I like to think of it as grinding real-life stats
[Crz]Swinux
Play harder maps even if you suck at it, 7k have much more pattern, playing maps you are comfortable doesn't expose you to more patterns. Aim for 65k for harder maps
Bobbias
If there are any maps in the 2 - 2.5 range that you struggle on more than others at the same star rating, practice those.

One way to get used to the harder patterns while keeping things slower and easier to handle is to use the halftime mod. It slows everything down enough that you can practice much harder patterns. This will let you practice the patterns without also needing to practice hitting them at full speed. I'm not suggesting you play something like a 2.8 star on HT but probably something in the low 3 star range for example.

There will probably be a lot more chords in those maps, and some trickier patterns involving notes and LNs at the same time, and a bit more layering overall. Getting used to the patterns at lower speeds should help improve your reading skill so that you are more used to reading the denser patterns.