forum

My tablet is super scratchy now that I have dragged on it for a year, any fixes?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cybrtronlazr
Ok, so obviously the easiest fix is supposed to be "Just hover lol" and the second easiest fix is, "Just move your area to a different side of the tablet" but I have built so much muscle memory and I will have to restart all of that. I tried hovering, I can't even beat 4* with it, and I tried switching the area to the other side, and nothing feels comfortable at all.

The scratchiness of the tablet has just made it unplayable for me, there are more gunk and friction now and it feels really weird dragging on it compared to last month.

Is there a way to clean the tablet and remove the gunk and friction? Could it be my pen nib wearing out that's causing the problem or no?

Sorry for stupid question like this, I was just wondering if someone has had the same issue with grime and dirt collecting on the tablet and it wearing out and adding friction after dragging for a year. I also tried wiping it with Clorox disinfectant wipe and drying it but it didn't help, maybe made it even stickier.
-Chaeyoung
Cheapo tablets may wear out faster so if you have a cheapo tablet then maybe think about getting a better one for long term use. I use alcohol wipes or just a tissue wet with water to wipe the oils and dust off my tablet.

A long term solution is to make/buy a tablet cover. Its basically a high quality sticker for a tablet. You need to be using a popular tablet to buy the covers online though, unless you wanna make one yourself.

Another way is to put a mousepad on top of your tablet.
Topic Starter
Cybrtronlazr
but I have the xp-pen starg640. is it really gonna be that wore out from just a year of use? i will try using the wet tissue thing tho instead of clorox wipes
Gabby
Hey hey OP, I had the same issue with my CTL480 after a few years use, got a cover from FoxBox, which I since then have not been able to destroy, being quite the dragger myself seem like you just need to buy replacement nibs for your pen. :)

https://foxbox.io/

Here's the link to the site.

Have a good one o/.
Macvi
flip it over and use the other side
-Chaeyoung

Macvi wrote:

That won't work with the g640.
Topic Starter
Cybrtronlazr

Macvi wrote:

ya

Gabby wrote:

Hey hey OP, I had the same issue with my CTL480 after a few years use, got a cover from FoxBox, which I since then have not been able to destroy, being quite the dragger myself seem like you just need to buy replacement nibs for your pen. :)

https://foxbox.io/

Here's the link to the site.

Have a good one o/.
i think its the nibs, and not the tablet surface being dirty or worn out that's causing the inconsistent friction. i will just replace the nib.
ADPz

Cybertronlaser wrote:

Ok, so obviously the easiest fix is supposed to be "Just hover lol" and the second easiest fix is, "Just move your area to a different side of the tablet" but I have built so much muscle memory and I will have to restart all of that. I tried hovering, I can't even beat 4* with it, and I tried switching the area to the other side, and nothing feels comfortable at all.

The scratchiness of the tablet has just made it unplayable for me, there are more gunk and friction now and it feels really weird dragging on it compared to last month.

Is there a way to clean the tablet and remove the gunk and friction? Could it be my pen nib wearing out that's causing the problem or no?

Sorry for stupid question like this, I was just wondering if someone has had the same issue with grime and dirt collecting on the tablet and it wearing out and adding friction after dragging for a year. I also tried wiping it with Clorox disinfectant wipe and drying it but it didn't help, maybe made it even stickier.
Have you tried rice?
_heart_
tablet cover
Bambiii
Your best shot is definitely a tablet cover. They are not super expensive and can actually make your tablet look a lot cooler. You can even make them yourself at home.