forum

Pride Beatmap Project #1!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
Introduction:

Hello fellow mappers and players!

In light of June being pride month, I think it is a great opportunity for the osu community to celebrate being queer by creating beatmaps of songs that are about pride. I have compiled a list of songs from a variety of genres and have created downloadable links. If a song is available, you will be able to map it by simply replying to this thread and stating which song you would like to map. Anybody is allowed to choose a song to map, regardless of skill level, however it is preferred that only one set of each song is being pushed for the ranked section.

Your map will need to go through the regular nomination process if you want to push it towards ranked. Also keep in mind the Beatmap Nominators within the modding team are not required to nominate your map if they are not interested, whether they mod it or not.

It doesn’t matter what your sexuality or gender identity is, as all are welcome to join in the celebration!

How this project will work:

-Mappers of any skill level will be able to map any song within the song pool, as well as any songs they wish to map that are related to pride
-Mappers can post their completed maps in the thread to get mods
-The people within the modding panel will check the thread for maps to mod every once and awhile
-This project may bleed into early July depending on time management

Modding Panel: (DO NOT message or request a mod from anyone directly)

Mafumafu
-Keitaro
Ashton

If you would like to be added to the modding panel, reply to this thread saying so and I will add you. The more the better!

Songs (Much more songs to be added) (Make sure you change beatmap creator to your Username):

Yaoi:

Yuri:

Pop:
RuPaul - Cover Girl

Benny - Boys Will Be Boys

Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (Not Available)

Rock:
Panic! At The Disco - Girls/Girls/Boys

Rap:

Kpop:

Other:
VOGUE - Walk For Me

Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love

RuPaul - Sissy That Walk

If you notice a timing mistake with one of the templates please make sure I know so I can fix it!

IMPORTANT: To spread visibility of this event, it would be appreciated if you mentioned this project somewhere within your beatmap description.

I hope this project doesn’t flop. Thank you to the modders who have agreed to help out a little bit, and of course, thank you to the mappers who are willing to create beatmaps for these wonderful songs.

(I will be trying to add a couple songs to the pool every day or so, sorry for the lack of variety at the moment!)
DeletedUser_6709840
I have a map that is implied to be a love song between two men from a yaoi audio drama, does it count? beatmapsets/1046848#osu/2188383
Topic Starter
Ashton

Wei Wuxian wrote:

I have a map that is implied to be a love song between two men from a yaoi audio drama, does it count? beatmapsets/1046848#osu/2188383
Yes that would count
DeletedUser_6709840

Ashton wrote:

Wei Wuxian wrote:

Yes that would count
Sweet, I'll edit beatmap description.

Edit: Done
Dialect
i'll map this song because it's about bisexuality, and i heard this on insta.

song: rina sawayama - cherry

extra notes: popularized by instagram edits (specifically an user named boca.aep) [edit for context]

i'll probably make a cut version similar to boca's version (but longer ofc, and including the verses and stuff)
Topic Starter
Ashton

MinNin wrote:

i'll map this song because it's about bisexuality, and i heard this on insta.

song: rina sawayama - cherry

extra notes: popularized by instagram edits (specifically an user named boca.aep) [edit for context]

i'll probably make a cut version similar to boca's version (but longer ofc, and including the verses and stuff)
nice!

i'll probably edit in a "current mapsets" section sometime later today.
Dialect

Ashton wrote:

nice!

the map (i dunno whether it'll be rankable or not, but i'll open gds for this map)
Topic Starter
Ashton

MinNin wrote:

Ashton wrote:

nice!

the map (i dunno whether it'll be rankable or not, but i'll open gds for this map)
Cute map1

Make sure you reply to this thread when it is completely finished and ready for modding if you do plan on ranking it. Even if it isn't for ranked, osu has one more pride map published :)
Asphiee
beatmapsets/1169658#osu/2440045 how bout this map? its from a yuri anime. i love lesbis
also is it supposed to be a solo set or single mode set? because im planning for a hybrid one
Topic Starter
Ashton

Asphyre wrote:

beatmapsets/1169658#osu/2440045 how bout this map? its from a yuri anime. i love lesbis
also is it supposed to be a solo set or single mode set? because im planning for a hybrid one
Hybrid sets are fine and yeah this would be a good song.
Topic Starter
Ashton
Added another song to the pop section (Benny - Boys Will Be Boys)

I'm trying to find more yaoi/yuri/anime songs about pride so any help is appreciated. I know a lot of the current song choices aren't appealing to many mappers...
Dialect

Ashton wrote:

I'm trying to find more yaoi/yuri/anime songs about pride so any help is appreciated. I know a lot of the current song choices aren't appealing to many mappers...
minato (hatsune miku + megurine luka) - magnet

song is about lesbians questioning themselves

japan is also really conservative, so it's hard to find japanese songs on pride. hoshiai no sora + given are animes that discuss gay marriage tho, so i think songs from those animes could fit well for pride

edit: here's a few more songs about pride

koh yamiyama - YELLOW

song isn't exactly about pride, but people commonly associate this with homosexuality, as one of the lyrics mentions, "being stuck in a closet"

jeff williams (feat casey lee williams) - bmblb

blake's perspective of her relationship with yang

uhhh i dunno any other songs
pumice
beatmapsets/1057395#osu/2210105 I mapped this (Laura Les [of 100 gecs] - how to dress as human) awhile back and it is about being trans!

I wouldn't mind possibly trying to push to rank if you think it's rankable.

I'm open for mods and GDs too if here is the best place to ask for that!

Edit: I'll also try to think of some lgbtq+ songs that can be added to list
DeletedUser_6709840
if i feel motivated, I may map another song to add to this project. I'm kinda busy with visiting with my partner right now but I might do something
Polysintek
Hi! I've started this map: beatmapsets/1189482#osu/2478545 it's a vocaloid song about lesbians.

Also, maybe add me to the modding list? I might not be the best at modding, but I'll try my best.
Topic Starter
Ashton

Polysintek wrote:

Hi! I've started this map: beatmapsets/1189482#osu/2478545 STILL WIP but I'll edit the post for when it'll be ready for mods.

Also, maybe add me to the modding list? I might not be the best at modding, but I'll try my best.

Pumice wrote:

beatmapsets/1057395#osu/2210105 I mapped this (Laura Les [of 100 gecs] - how to dress as human) awhile back and it is about being trans!

I wouldn't mind possibly trying to push to rank if you think it's rankable.

I'm open for mods and GDs too if here is the best place to ask for that!

Edit: I'll also try to think of some lgbtq+ songs that can be added to list

Thank you for these
jas
this thread seems kinda dead but i did map one of the songs listed :)

mapset is completed, mods would be appreciated i guess lol

beatmapsets/1166024#osu/2431965
Dialect
i'm curious about this now, but do you guys think pansexual is biphobic, considering the creator considers he/him lesbians to be a thing?

i personally don't care because it's been so normalized now that unlike some other terms, you can't just say, "you guys can't identify as pan anymore"
DeletedUser_6709840

Li Syaoran wrote:

i'm curious about this now, but do you guys think pansexual is biphobic, considering the creator considers he/him lesbians to be a thing?

i personally don't care because it's been so normalized now that unlike some other terms, you can't just say, "you guys can't identify as pan anymore"
Pansexual is not biphobic, and he/him lesbians are a valid things because pronouns don't equal gender.
Dialect

Wei Wuxian wrote:

Li Syaoran wrote:

Pansexual is not biphobic, and he/him lesbians are a valid things because pronouns don't equal gender.
i personally just see the lgbt community as i would anyone else, as people. yeah, you're gay. so what? i'm happy that you came out to us, but people who shove their sexuality in everyones' faces annoy me the most. i'm not homophobic, because i have tons and tons of gay/lesbian, etc etc, friends.

anyways, i dunno about he/him lesbians. i personally think that lesbians are women who like women, and if you're a biological/trans women, then you most likely would be using the pronouns, "she/her." i personally am not apart of the lgbt community, but i just like, really don't care about he/him lesbians. they can do whatever they want, because it's their life, not mine.
show more